RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Ceramic sealants. Who has used what ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
SRE

LOL I did ask about the door handles and was quoted over a grand to colour match which means she either got the wrong end of the stick when I described or I need a huge dollop of Vaseline Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #516080 Sat Jan 28 2017 11:14am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I've just been reading up on the Gyeon products and there ceramic coating seems to get very good ratings and it says it lasts min of 2 years if correct washing and care process is followed.

Anyone tried this or had it applied to a vehicle?

Post #516082 Sat Jan 28 2017 11:24am
qcnr

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Completely agree.
I had this on a pair of new wheels and whilst it did nothing to stop them getting dirty,
it required more effort to turn on the hose than clean the wheels. Very Happy

Tyrefitter wrote:
It doesn't keep them that clean on the inside but makes them easier to wash with just shampoo & a wheel mitt.

Andy

Post #542858 Thu Dec 07 2017 12:46pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

Smarttech wrote:
I've just been reading up on the Gyeon products and there ceramic coating seems to get very good ratings and it says it lasts min of 2 years if correct washing and care process is followed.

Anyone tried this or had it applied to a vehicle?
Gyeon products are superb - done the wheels with Q2 rim and once the weather is better the car will be having some MOHS ceramic coating Thumbs Up

Post #548288 Sun Feb 11 2018 6:27pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I coated a set of wheels with C5 nearly 3 years ago & they’re still a breeze to wash.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #548289 Sun Feb 11 2018 6:55pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Firstly, do not let the main dealer touch the car. When I bought my Sport new I told them to leave the car as it came off the transporter. I arranged for my detailer to pick up the car, detail it & return to the dealer before I even saw it. When it returned, the dealer phoned me to say that it was the best they had ever seen & everyone at the dealership had said the same.
I had the full Gtechniq works done, body Crystal Serum, Leather protection, full interior, Glass & wheels with wheels removed.
Cant remember price as it was 3 years ago, but relative to the vehicle cost, it was a drop in the ocean. It took 3 days.The car is so easy to wash, snowfoam, 2 bucket method, microfibre to dry. Water just runs off. I use a Meguirs quick detailer which takes no more than 15mins for the whole car. The glass has never had to be redone, above 40mph you dont need the wipers, below that an occasional single wipe does, cant remember the last time I filled the screenwash. I have done the leather myself acouple of times, still as new. Wheels need done occasionally, but are so easy to clean

Post #548331 Sun Feb 11 2018 10:46pm
Tyrefitter

Lindab,,have you thought about getting a DI Vessel for the final rinse,their is a few members on here that also have them & its the best thing ive invested in for rinsing car,ive got a black car & ive never used a cloth to dry it.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #548340 Mon Feb 12 2018 8:04am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Andy, I have looked at them quite a few times but somehow have never bought one Big Cry I don't know why cos I am pretty OCD when it comes to cleaning my cars, something I actually enjoy (sado)I know Embarassed I don't think the Sport has even climbed a kerb never mind a ploughed field. You have got me thinking again. Anyone you can recommend
Charlie

Post #548384 Mon Feb 12 2018 2:01pm
Tyrefitter

Here you go
http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm
scroll down till you find this vessel,15.4 Litre DI Vessel Complete (8"x22") ,its the one ive got & their is another member on here with same vessel,,infact he recommended it to me.I would be lost without mine,especially with have 2 4x4's to wash every week & one being black.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #548391 Mon Feb 12 2018 3:38pm
CBL1

England 

Lindab wrote:
I had the full Gtechniq works done, body Crystal Serum, Leather protection, full interior, Glass & wheels with wheels removed.

Cant remember price as it was 3 years ago, but relative to the vehicle cost, it was a drop in the ocean. It took 3 days.The car is so easy to wash, snowfoam, 2 bucket method, microfibre to dry. Water just runs off. I use a Meguirs quick detailer which takes no more than 15mins for the whole car. The glass has never had to be redone, above 40mph you dont need the wipers, below that an occasional single wipe does, cant remember the last time I filled the screenwash. I have done the leather myself acouple of times, still as new. Wheels need done occasionally, but are so easy to clean

In full agreement here. I had Gtechniq done last year on another car - the Crystal Black/Exo with single stage polish - and it really was worth the c£700-800 in total on a medium sized car. I am now scheduling it in for our soon-to-receive AutoBio. Reep Midlands did the work and were a splendid team to work with.

As an aside, I also asked for the paint-thickness measurements from the work done which were pleasantly surprising (for an Italian car!) and which gave comfort about any future treatment needs (hopefully none will be needed!). Maserati MC Stradale 2016
RRS 2017 SDV8 AutoBiography - June 2018
RRS 2010 Supercharged - 2013-May 2018
TVR Tuscan Mk1 3.6li - 50k miles and counting
2000 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6li V8 - Gone and much missed

Post #556840 Fri May 18 2018 4:48pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
Here you go
http://www.daqua.co.uk/divessels.htm
scroll down till you find this vessel,15.4 Litre DI Vessel Complete (8"x22") ,its the one ive got & their is another member on here with same vessel,,infact he recommended it to me.I would be lost without mine,especially with have 2 4x4's to wash every week & one being black.

Andy.

Glad I’ve just read this as, been a owner of a dark blue Metalic S4 it’s doing my head in keeping it clean, and sufffering from eater drip marks after spending ages drying it and blowing out water

Post #556845 Fri May 18 2018 5:37pm
CBL1

England 

Back from Reep Midlands and very happy with the result - really makes the colour stand out and the paintwork is - as expected - very easily maintained and brought back to its original glass-like finish.

Maserati MC Stradale 2016
RRS 2017 SDV8 AutoBiography - June 2018
RRS 2010 Supercharged - 2013-May 2018
TVR Tuscan Mk1 3.6li - 50k miles and counting
2000 Mustang GT Convertible 4.6li V8 - Gone and much missed

Post #560894 Fri Jul 06 2018 10:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12