RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > MY 2018 technical problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Niloc

United Kingdom 
MY 2018 technical problems

I recently purchased a MY 2018 Sport, which, currently has covered 70 recorded miles. The radio works intermittently, when using the settings, it scrolls form one setting to another of its own accord and won't allow me to change particular settings and the mirrors decide on occasion to close without warning.
I returned to my local dealer and was told that the radio problem is known to JLR and they are awaiting an update, but did a hard re-set to try and solve the other problems which I have.
The problems are still there and the dealer is awaiting guidance form JLR about a resolution.
I contacted JLR Customer Relations, given a case manager and when I spoke to her this morning, was told that there is nothing JLR can do and I'll have to wait for an update.
I did explain that I was reluctant to use the car, as I don't know what its going to do, and that my wife won't drive it, her response once more was that i have t wait for the update.
So I have a brand new car on my drive, which hI paid a lot of money for and JLR have said that they are unable to help, not even with a loan car, but I have to wait.
My dealer has been in constant touch and have tried their best to do what they can. They are just as frustrated as I am and want to to the problem resolved quickly.
Both my wife and I have been loyal JLR customers and this is the way we are treated. I am disappointed and saddened at their failure to help in any way.

Post #546816 Fri Jan 26 2018 1:31pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Call them & tell them to come & collect car & give you your money back,,they will soon change their tune,,you get better service buying a 7k ford KA.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #546831 Fri Jan 26 2018 4:04pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I to would be telling them to come and collect it. With the money you have spent, they have to either do something about it or collect it. Us Brits are far to tollerent.

Post #546884 Sat Jan 27 2018 12:10pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your comments. It's sad that these issues detract from what is a well refined and fantastic motor car to drive. I've often been asked about my thoughts on my previous Sport and, without exception, my response has been similar to a Vauxhall advert from the 70's when the the Cavalier was born, in that it wants me o'take the long way home!"
I think that for JLR to release vehicles where there are known problems that haven't been sorted, is shameful and a sad indictment on the marque

Post #546898 Sat Jan 27 2018 3:03pm
beerbelly

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey

a company owner next door to my garage bought a new disco last year it was in and out of the dealers that many times in the first 6 months she only managed a few hundred miles. then it had a catastrophic wiring fault that melted lots of wires and left her stranded at the roadside. they replaced the wiring loom and she continued having problems including now gearbox issues .stratstone eventually gave up on the car and said they would return it . she ordered a replacement that stratstone tried to tie her into another finance deal on ie paying for 2 new disco,s at the same time while she waited for a refund on the original Shocked .she is now sorted a year down the line driving the new one which has only had to go back in to have faults looked at twice Rolling Eyes

Post #546964 Sun Jan 28 2018 9:40am
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

It’s nothing new in the 90’s it was 200 TDis 2nd gears and mainshafts, on the 300’s it was cambelt alinement, mainshafts same problem as the 200s input gears they finally sorted that out just before end of production with the (top hat) mod. Then the TD5s came along and we had to change all the flywheels which cracking with heat and the infamous screeching spigot bush.
The main difference now are that most faults are electrical (apart from the turbos and crankshafts) which are a nightmare to sort as a lot of it is software. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #546979 Sun Jan 28 2018 1:16pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Just to update you all. I'm still waiting for JLR to have a fix for the host of problems I'm experiencing. It seems that, now that've had my money, I'm just another statistic, recorded under "M" for moaner and forgotten about. My dealer has worked tirelessly in trying to resolve the issues, but until JLR do something, I have a brand new car, with 119 recorded miles, sitting on my drive. If it was in a child's comic, I might laugh, but I try to stay positive and make light of, what is a shameful and unacceptable situation. I've though about using it to grow tomatoes in, because I can't rely on it to get me about at the moment.

Post #548092 Fri Feb 09 2018 11:49am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Have a look at the many posts on Consumer rights & handing the car back
Do forum search under Consumer rights returning car & also consumer rights. Loads of info there

Last edited by Lindab on Fri Feb 09 2018 1:36pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #548096 Fri Feb 09 2018 12:58pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks Linda. I will.

Post #548097 Fri Feb 09 2018 1:07pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Please bear in mind that it is important to act within the first 30 days as your rights drastically alter at that point and JLR can start to charge you for usage. You do not have to give them an opportunity to repair in first 30 days it’s at your discretion, after 30 days you have to give them one chance to fix it
Return it, demand a refund and if you really want another then get the dealer to re order,

Post #548120 Fri Feb 09 2018 6:42pm
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks 360. I'm just about to speak to my dealer to get the process in motion.

Post #548165 Sat Feb 10 2018 9:18am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

360 wrote:
Please bear in mind that it is important to act within the first 30 days as your rights drastically alter at that point and JLR can start to charge you for usage. You do not have to give them an opportunity to repair in first 30 days it’s at your discretion, after 30 days you have to give them one chance to fix it
Return it, demand a refund and if you really want another then get the dealer to re order,

As 360 says, without doubt, reject the car as it's not fit for purpose. Good Luck.

Look under orders (L494) and check out rox10h who like you has just rejected a brand new 18 mdl. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #548354 Mon Feb 12 2018 11:42am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks SVR575. I will have a look now. I've already been in touch with my dealer, who is going to ring me back now.

Post #548355 Mon Feb 12 2018 11:51am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Not easy to find perhaps, so here is the link , page 6.
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic48810-75.html SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #548356 Mon Feb 12 2018 11:59am
Niloc

United Kingdom 

Thanks again VR575. I was about to get back in touch as I've been unable to find it.

Post #548357 Mon Feb 12 2018 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>