RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Order placed..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 19 <123 ... 141516 171819>

SVR575

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #547611 Sun Feb 04 2018 2:22pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I’ve read that bit about 20 times but still don’t fully get it Embarassed

Post #547656 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:09pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Just to add a bit of confusion to the mix, I seam to recall that the car also lowers itself once it reaches motorway speeds! Oh and the is an extended mode too which activates if the car grounds itself.

This is a summary of my understanding:

The lowest setting "access height" is to ease the entry and exit of the car, prior to MY16 (I believe?) this could only be selected using the suspension controls. There is now a user configurable option that automatically lowers the car once the ignition switches off (in some modes it does not do this to avoid off road accidents).

Once in "access height" the button can be pressed a further time which locks it in access height, if this has not been selected the car will automatically raise once you move off, if it has locks it until you hit 25mph.

In theory unless you are going off road and wish to raise the height or are worried about scraping the roof on a low headroom car park (personally wouldn't risk it as heard stories of people forgetting and raising the cars!) then you should just be able to leave the height adjustment to sort itself out.

Did you get a LR experience day voucher when you bought the car? They can probably explain it better than me!

Hope this helps?

Post #547659 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:19pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Now I am totally f***ed Rolling with laughter

Post #547661 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:32pm
jonathana13

United Kingdom 

Haha!! Just don't press any buttons and buy a step if you can't get in Wink

Post #547662 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:33pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Think you’re right about it rising automatically once you hit a certain speed. I just think it looks better on the low setting, 2” is quite a big lift, unless you are going off road I don’t see the point of it rising?!

Post #547663 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:39pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Probably wrong but I thought previously it only raised if you pressed the bloody button! One or two things seem different to what I remember.

Post #547664 Sun Feb 04 2018 6:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Violetpiano wrote:
Ah....I see. So you mean, you have not and will not read the manual Rolling with laughter Jas

Who needs a manual when you have this wonderful forum that will give lots of info about previous model years with different systems to the car you actually have......

Cantina, the reason that no Land Rover with EAS should be driven permanently in access height is that a) it makes the suspension rock hard - ask those that have set their cars lower using the IID tool - they very quickly returned it to the factory settings and b) running it permanently lowered even a small bit knackers the suspension and transmission - there are posts from back in 2005/2006 by folks who found this out the hard and incredibly expensive way when it was supposedly cool to run 22” wheels on cars unable to drive safely on them and also drive them with lowered suspension sort of American Lowrider style. As stated before your car will also lower above a certain speed for stability at speed reasons, IIRC all RRS will do and also D3,D4’s, D5 and FFRR but that speed is so high in the UK for those cars that you have to be driving well in excess of 100mph before it happens so few UK driver’s own a race track to find out when it occurs! SVR does it at a lower speed as part if it’s performance advantage I believe. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #547692 Sun Feb 04 2018 11:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim. Got it, just leave the buttons alone Very Happy

Post #547727 Mon Feb 05 2018 12:03pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Cantona,,,,to solve this problem,,just bring your car to Bridlington,you have my14 SC with the controls you are used to & ill have your SVR. Laughing Laughing

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #547730 Mon Feb 05 2018 12:28pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Thanks for your very kind offer Andy.

No thanks Smile

Post #547737 Mon Feb 05 2018 1:30pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Violetpiano wrote:
Ah....I see. So you mean, you have not and will not read the manual Rolling with laughter Jas

Who needs a manual when you have this wonderful forum that will give lots of info about previous model years with different systems to the car you actually have......

Cantina, the reason that no Land Rover with EAS should be driven permanently in access height is that a) it makes the suspension rock hard - ask those that have set their cars lower using the IID tool - they very quickly returned it to the factory settings and b) running it permanently lowered even a small bit knackers the suspension and transmission - there are posts from back in 2005/2006 by folks who found this out the hard and incredibly expensive way when it was supposedly cool to run 22” wheels on cars unable to drive safely on them and also drive them with lowered suspension sort of American Lowrider style. As stated before your car will also lower above a certain speed for stability at speed reasons, IIRC all RRS will do and also D3,D4’s, D5 and FFRR but that speed is so high in the UK for those cars that you have to be driving well in excess of 100mph before it happens so few UK driver’s own a race track to find out when it occurs! SVR does it at a lower speed as part if it’s performance advantage I believe.

Yes, spot on Tim. And talking of manuals, I just spotted an error in the MY18 manual which emphasises your point about referring to the good body of people we have here.

Page 170: "For high performance SVR vehicles with the 5.0L V8 (550 PS) engine, do not exceed 250 km/h (155mph) during the first 8,000km)."

I have already said that I will reject mine if the sound is muted and I will also do the same if it is missing 25 horses Rolling with laughter

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #547770 Mon Feb 05 2018 7:11pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Seriously that's a lot of miles. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #547771 Mon Feb 05 2018 7:22pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Certainly the old (L320) Sport the wheels used to splay out when the car was lowered. Not sure the L494 does - not had the snow (yet) to notice. 

Post #547772 Mon Feb 05 2018 7:26pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I completely ignore those two buttons now, it is as if they don’t f***ing exist Laughing

Post #547774 Mon Feb 05 2018 7:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 15 of 19 <123 ... 141516 171819>