RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Discount on used approved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

paddyh747

United Kingdom 
Discount on used approved

Just wondering if any of you guys have managed to get much discount if any on a used approved sport. Im looking at a 2015 autobiography with less thank 30k miles on it. Theres quite a few on the search priced between £49-£54k. I am sourcing my finance elsewhere and my target for where i want my monthlys to be is £48k.
Was about to place an order for a new SQ5 but can get a 3 year old sport for a lot less per month and its in a totally different class to the audi in my eyes.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Post #547054 Mon Jan 29 2018 3:46pm
362bkr

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Normally the only way to find out is to ask the question as all dealers vary at different periods. You are right about the RRS being in a completely different league to the Audi . Thumbs Up

Post #547056 Mon Jan 29 2018 3:59pm
paddyh747

United Kingdom 

Im just waiting on the finance company I am using to come back with final figures on a few I have spotted and then get on the phone and try and play them off each other if I can. I will be travelling from belfast and all I have spotted are in the mainland so will be buying unseen which is a risk in itself. For this reason and the approved warranty this is why I want to go through a main dealer. Also reading up on the crank issues I hope that buying through Land Rover if i ever had this issue i have more chance of being covered, I wouldn't have £20k for a new engine.
RR is costing me the guts of £200 per month less than the audi so is a no brainer, the autobiography has a great Guaranteed future value.

Post #547057 Mon Jan 29 2018 4:04pm
Chugga90

England 

My approved used purchase was at a lower level than yours and a D4.
Based on my experience, you would not want to be paying them less to do there inspection and ignore all faults.
They took very little interest in inspecting properly when I paid screen price.

Based on your buying remotely it would make the deal even harder to swallow.

Good luck with buying though.

Post #547063 Mon Jan 29 2018 5:14pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

When buying from a dealer expect to lose 20k in the first 2 years even with the AB,,as for the crankshaft issue,,well I wouldn’t count on LR putting right after the 3 year manufacturers warranty runs out.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #547064 Mon Jan 29 2018 5:15pm
kmpowell

Re: Discount on used approved

paddyh747 wrote:
Just wondering if any of you guys have managed to get much discount if any on a used approved sport. Im looking at a 2015 autobiography with less thank 30k miles on it. Theres quite a few on the search priced between £49-£54k. I am sourcing my finance elsewhere and my target for where i want my monthlys to be is £48k.
Was about to place an order for a new SQ5 but can get a 3 year old sport for a lot less per month and its in a totally different class to the audi in my eyes.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

2015 cars span 3 generations in that specific registration year; MY15 (-Mar), MY15.5(Mar-Sep) and MY16(Sep-). All three vary massively so don’t treat all 2015 cars the same. MY16 being the most superior.

FYI, Mines in the classifieds on here if you’re interested. It’s at the upper end of your budget but it has the options that makes the finance RV higher and that in turn makes the monthlies the same as a lower spec car.

PM me if interested. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #547065 Mon Jan 29 2018 5:24pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I shouldn't think there's that much room in it. A 3 year old autobiography, when originally bought, probably had a guaranteed minimum value on a 10k/year PCP of about £45k - so that's what the dealer is putting into it, before paying the two year warranty and fixing any problems. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #547067 Mon Jan 29 2018 6:11pm
paddyh747

United Kingdom 

Everything I’m looking at is 15 plate on so I’m assume these will be my15.5 on. I see some 15 and 16 cars advertised as 296 and some 306.
Is there an easy way to tell which my I am looking at easily from the ads?

Just had a look at yours it’s the perfect colour as well, I’m just reluctant to buy private plus don’t know if I can with the finance I think I need to buy through a dealer. I know buying off LR themselves probably means nothing but I’m going to see what info I can get off them regarding the crank issue before I buy. Have finance confirmed so on the phone tomorrow to see what deals I can get if any.

Post #547083 Mon Jan 29 2018 10:39pm
paddyh747

United Kingdom 

Theres a causeway grey SDV8 on a 15 plate there with 24k on it for £50k. Not read much on them from actual owners, only thing is the tax but then an extra £300 per years isn't the end of the world.

Post #547085 Mon Jan 29 2018 11:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

paddyh747 wrote:
Everything I’m looking at is 15 plate on so I’m assume these will be my15.5 on. I see some 15 and 16 cars advertised as 296 and some 306.
Is there an easy way to tell which my I am looking at easily from the ads.

Yes several - on the outside the 296 was an HSE SDv6 with a badge on the LHS of the tailgate, the 306 is the Dynamic and has no badge. AFAIK for 2015.5MY (March 2015 on) on all Autibiograpghies were 306 and have the Dynamic mode, but they have an Autobiography Badge on the back. On the inside look at the rotary selector for the Terrain Response - on the 306 there is an additional function on the left of the icons like the icon for Highway but with bends- that is the Dynamic Mode which the 296 didn’t get, also IIRC there is no low range gear box on the 296 HSE so there is no switch for Hi or Lo ratios unless the optional onroad/offroad pack was specced on the car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #547087 Mon Jan 29 2018 11:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi and welcome Thumbs Up

don't rely on the search filters Rolling Eyes not sure about the AB spec but when I was looking I selected the 306 engine on their search filter
only to find later a couple of 296 that were wrongly listed and were actually 306 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

then again check everything else they have listed the car as having as often they have other extras as well or not thinks they have listed

welcome to landrover life Rolling with laughter Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #547088 Tue Jan 30 2018 12:04am
kmpowell

paddyh747 wrote:
Is there an easy way to tell which my I am looking at easily from the ads?

Just had a look at yours it’s the perfect colour as well, I’m just reluctant to buy private plus don’t know if I can with the finance I think I need to buy through a dealer. I know buying off LR themselves probably means nothing but I’m going to see what info I can get off them regarding the crank issue before I buy. Have finance confirmed so on the phone tomorrow to see what deals I can get if any.

Its a minefield on the AB...

Euro6 306hp/700nm engines started to come in from MY15.5 (March 2015) ready for the mandatory switch over in September, so you will find EU6 in some MY15.5 15 plates, but not all. MY16 started Sep 2015 on the 65 plate, all MY16 cars are Euro6.

Euro 6 legislation had to be implemented by all manufacturers by the 1st of September 2015, which meant they couldn't sell anything 'new' that wasn't compliant after that date. LR started to make the switch in March for MY15.5, and by September they had everything in place for the MY16. So because EU6 was mandatory from September 2015, but LR started to introduce the EU6 engine in March 2015 (MY15.5), some 15 plate cars are EU5 and some are EU6. To confuse matters even further the LR website sometimes doesn't get the right classification for EU5/EU6 engine, so it doesn't display correctly for some cars, worth double checking though if it's a 15 plate car you're interested in.

All Euro6 engines are 306hp/700nm, 185 g/km, £240pa road fund. If you live in London EU6 is not subject to the T-Charge (well mine isn't anyway|).

MY15/My15.5 have the same spec inside. All Terrain Progression Control, Auto Access Height, Hands Free gesture tailgate and Wifi were all made standard for MY16 on the AB over MY15/15.5. Plus MY16 got the Software Interface update for the ICE system and some dash button relocating.

If you're financing through Clydsedale on their LP agreements, you can buy private. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #547092 Tue Jan 30 2018 7:25am
paddyh747

United Kingdom 

Does anyone have any experience with the V8. There’s a quote well priced one used approved. How different real world mpg is it to the 3.0. I have a new audi S4 so mpg isn’t a massive concern just trying to decide if it’s wise to go V8 or keep hunting for a 3.0

Post #547108 Tue Jan 30 2018 12:26pm
HossBog

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
paddyh747 wrote:
Is there an easy way to tell which my I am looking at easily from the ads.

Yes several - on the outside the 296 was an HSE SDv6 with a badge on the LHS of the tailgate, the 306 is the Dynamic and has no badge. AFAIK for 2015.5MY (March 2015 on) on all Autibiograpghies were 306 and have the Dynamic mode, but they have an Autobiography Badge on the back. On the inside look at the rotary selector for the Terrain Response - on the 306 there is an additional function on the left of the icons like the icon for Highway but with bends- that is the Dynamic Mode which the 296 didn’t get, also IIRC there is no low range gear box on the 296 HSE so there is no switch for Hi or Lo ratios unless the optional onroad/offroad pack was specced on the car.

Any MY16 is the 306bhp engine with gesture tailgate (never works) and heated seats accessed through climate control dial. On the Land Rover approved site if it’s saying 296bhp and the higher tax band it’s MY15 or 15.5. Not sure what differences between MY15 and 15.5 are, but google may have the answer.

Ps - I didn’t notice much of a difference between SDV6 and 8 - only about the 30bhp and 40mm of torque in it, with higher fuel consumption and tax for the 8. The 306 SDV6 is such a good engine, has to be the sweet spot (bar 5.0 SC!!!!).

Post #547111 Tue Jan 30 2018 12:43pm
paddyh747

United Kingdom 

I ask about the V8 as there’s one there ticks most boxes and is a good price. Also has a better guaranteed future value so finance figures work out good. Can live with the higher road tax they are going to pay the first years for me. Can’t see me keeping it more than 2-3 years will come down to warranty cost for third year.
The main question is in the real world how much heavier is it on diesel than the 3.0. Mileage will be 6-8k per year mostly by my wife who drives a lot more sensible than I do. Then over the summer will be towing a caravan.

Post #547118 Tue Jan 30 2018 1:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>