RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Safety recall
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Gosser

United Kingdom 
Safety recall

So after the issues with my last Sport, engine blowing up after 1 year and 18000 miles, auto dip not working, intermittent cameras, tracker activating whilst I was driving it etc. My wife was surprised when I brought a brand new SVR!

After 4 months of trouble free driving I think the experts in the Land Rover customer dissatisfaction section got to know about a reliable RRS Shocked so they got to work, and in the post was a letter telling me of a “safety recall” for an issue that I did not have Exclamation The digital dash turning off whilst in motion!!

So I book the car in for the 30 minute software update, arrive at the garage to be greeted by a nice young lady, 30 minute she says and you will be on your way Thumbs Up 45 minutes later she asks if I would like another coffee as it is taking longer than expected!!! After a hour and 10 minutes the nice lady brings me the keys and says all done Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Not even out of the car park and the whole dash and entertainment system crashes Censored Censored

Park up and go back in the dealership and see the nice lady, oh dear she says that’s not good! Take the keys and drives off Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 20 minutes later brings the car back and says just a glitch all fine now Rolling with laughter

So off I go to my meeting, all fine, only a glitch😘. Start my 2 hour drive home and the whole lot goes again, with the entertainment system not coming back on🤬🤬🤬

So ring up the dealer, no more nice lady burley bloke answers the phone I explain my predicament and he advises to bring it back in, through the traffic at rush hour🖕🖕🖕

Well done Land Rover customer dissatisfaction service you have developed some software that has made a perfectly working reliable SVR into an unreliable broken car that is sat in a workshop, whilst I am now driving a discovery sport Censored Censored 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

Post #546345 Sat Jan 20 2018 3:41pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Oh Censored they have put their hands on it... Censored good luck. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #546347 Sat Jan 20 2018 4:52pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Mine went in to have some roof trim fixed for the fourth time. The garage decided to carry out the instrument panel upgrade which took 9 days! Now the centre display including parking sensors, camera and radio take several minutes to reboot if I stop and restart the car after a few minutes.
Out of interest it has to go back in for the fifth time to get the foot trim fitted correctly!!

Post #546352 Sat Jan 20 2018 5:47pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

There not having mine until it needs a service.

I hope they get it sorted quickly for you. Thumbs Up 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2014 Defender XS HT Firenze red 2.2 TDCi
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS estate
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6
2011 Aston Martin DB9 Stratstone edition

Post #546380 Sat Jan 20 2018 8:20pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: Safety recall

Gosser wrote:

Well done Land Rover customer dissatisfaction service you have developed some software that has made a perfectly working reliable SVR into an unreliable broken car that is sat in a workshop, whilst I am now driving a discovery sport Censored Censored 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

I had to go interstate for a few days and was offered a discovery Sport hire car. This was a brand new model with electric seats and the meridian sound system. May have had other options but these were the ones I noticed because I used them. Anyway the 3 days of driving this vehicle some distance highlighted what a POS this model is. Fuel economy was 7.4/100 highway. Motor 2 litre diesel would not pull the skin off a junket . Meridian Sound system, door buzz and poor quality and the Bluetooth would not drive the phone media player correctly. Handling , KIA SUV is better. For less than half the price there are so many better SUV's than this. I wonder why Land Rover bothered, nothing great with this car and lots not good. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #546462 Mon Jan 22 2018 8:42am
DaveT33

United Kingdom 

Similar thing happened to me.

Car was working fine (MY17) I needed an adblue top-up so booked it in and they told me it needed some recall work done on it.

Since getting the car back the stop/start has not worked and i can no longer lock it by pressing on the door handle. These were not big enough problems for me to book it back in urgently but this morning the screen started going crazy. The main screen was flashing and flickering while the image on it was sliding right to left continuously. It was really off-putting to drive with that going on in the dark at 6am.

Car is booked in for Wednesday.

I cant get my head around how a software update can affect the stop/start and the locking. Maybe i just got unlucky.

Post #546471 Mon Jan 22 2018 2:14pm
andymc

United Kingdom 

Shocking service yet not surprising.

Which MY is effected by this safety recall? SVR with a few bits from Urban and Glohh

Post #546472 Mon Jan 22 2018 2:38pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Bloody hell! I received the recall letter 2 days before I went back to work overseas.

Glad that I didn’t have time to book it in! The more that Land Rover Censored things up the more less likely I am to replace my current L494 with another. We are already swapping Mrs Jim Evoke for a Volvo this coming March so JLR can no longer depend on regular customers loyalty!

Jim

Post #546479 Mon Jan 22 2018 5:03pm
Gosser

United Kingdom 

Rang the dealer today to check on progress, and was advised it was in diagnostics and he would get back to me!
He did! New dash on order and he was sure that would resolve the problem, and I would have it back tomorrow Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I am no IT expert but I have done loads of updates and my screen has never needed to be replaced🤯🤯🤯🤯

Post #546493 Mon Jan 22 2018 8:11pm
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

I test drove a 15 plate AB last week, and the main display went completely blank on me whilst turning at a junction - its pretty unnerving ! The sale guy spoke to a tech who said "no problem, there's a software update to sort that". I walked away from it !

Tony Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #546517 Tue Jan 23 2018 9:56am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Gosser wrote:
Rang the dealer today to check on progress, and was advised it was in diagnostics and he would get back to me!
He did! New dash on order and he was sure that would resolve the problem, and I would have it back tomorrow Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

I am no IT expert but I have done loads of updates and my screen has never needed to be replaced🤯🤯🤯🤯

I had the screen replaced on my D5 to fix a problem, it is also a "computer"!! Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #546519 Tue Jan 23 2018 12:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1