RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Software update when in for mot ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarttech

United Kingdom 
Software update when in for mot ?

Took my 2012 sdv6 in to the main dealer this morning for its MOT and was told they will also do a free health check. Both MOT and health check came back clean and was told the car is all fine. I read the health check form and it was just the normal brakes tyres and so on but nothing was mentioned about any software updates.

Reason for asking is, I paid for the mot and got in the car and left the dealer and the car seemed much more responsive and seemed to have more power and torque than it did when I dropped it off. At first I thought it was just in my head so went for a drive and it still felt quicker than it ever has since the day I bought the car. No more slow pick up when trying to get out of a junction in a hurry and gearbox seems to always be in the right gear.

It was meant to of had the updates for this 12 months ago but felt the same when collected but now feels like I always expected it to drive.

Would they have loaded updates on a mot and health check ? 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #546389 Sat Jan 20 2018 11:33pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When mine went in for a service they did the software update you talk about and it had the same effect and mine is an HSE Dynamic with the 306 output. It was very noticable and since then I have never had to use sport mode or paddles when I want to overtake as the car has more than enough get up and go in D. I was only aware the update was going to be done because the dealership wanted to keep the car overnight to do it, there was no mention in the service report of a specific upgrade/ update as several were carried out. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #546391 Sun Jan 21 2018 12:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

When I first drove from the dealer I looked to to check thinking I had put it in sport and not drive but it was in drive.
They had enough time to do an update as I was told the MOT would take an hour but I was sat in the showroom for nearly 2 ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #546393 Sun Jan 21 2018 12:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1