RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2.7 with ACE alternator removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

m3nutter

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Repaired my idler bracket

Getting new alternator on was a pig of a job, the big red live is to short to allow you to do it from the front so you finish up with some clever nut balancing then carefully pushing a long socket with extensions down the side if the wing until it reaches the nut then very gently get the nut started. Once it on it's on. The multi plug is easy as it's long enough to get to. Then gradually push the unit back and up and put the top bolt through . The others are easy then.
The pump below was easier than I expected to once the top bolt was in finger tight to locate it. The two under, especially the rear one needs a double jointed wrist then a ring spanner buts it's all by "feel" with both hands. I stood on a large wooden block at the front with both arms down the front of the engine.

Post #518139 Sat Feb 18 2017 7:10pm
m3nutter

I have put the old battery back on Confused .... not convinced. I've had it charging for hours via another good battery to kid the charger the resistance is ok. I got it back to 12.5 v but I will suck it and see over next few days.

It did put some lights on, suspension fault , transmission etc but after turning off and on again they have stayed off....

...I will try it tomorrow

Thumbs Up nick

Post #518140 Sat Feb 18 2017 7:13pm
Gilly1

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi m3nutter, I don't surprise you have a diagram of the belt route, I can't quite make out looking at picture. Bow down

Post #518357 Mon Feb 20 2017 2:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m3nutter

hi mate
these are pics from before I pulled it apart

hope they help Thumbs Up

Post #518360 Mon Feb 20 2017 2:52pm
Gilly1

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Fantastic, thank you kindly. Really appreciate your help. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #518361 Mon Feb 20 2017 2:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m3nutter

That's fine Thumbs Up

Post #518366 Mon Feb 20 2017 3:36pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

#thread revival
Almost a year on from this, and I may be having to tackle this job now!! my alternator is noisey as hell, it’s been groaning for a few days now, and tonight on my way home I noticed the battery light flicker on and off. So it’s parked up waiting for my attention, just like to add the original tools I ordered from eBay, one spanner fit the fan nut 36mm but the one designed to hold the pulley in place was completely wrong so I’ve now ordered the correct one from powerful uk. Should be here tomorrow. So depending on when I can get it booked in for it’s recon service ( the alternator) is whether, I do it or they do. I.e if they can get it booked in this week then they can have the car, if it’s next week then ile remove it myself. Although I do have massive hands so looking at them pictures......!

Last edited by Danv8 on Thu Jan 11 2018 11:29pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #545246 Mon Jan 08 2018 11:02pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White

Well I dropped my car off 8am this morning the guy said should be ready by lunch time, my wife got a call 4.30pm he had just returned from a test run. He said it was an absolute b****h, and it was the first one he’s done with ACE pump, and he said he doesn’t think he will do another, not for the price he quoted me anyway..lol. ( he had done non ace equipped before).

But in short, I got my alternator removed and rebuilt using all uprated components it’s now rated 175amps rather than 150amps as it was. With a 2 year warranty and all for £216. He had originally quoted £150+vat but because of the extra work involved this increased to £180+ vat, I’m not complaining, it was a last minute appointment he managed to squeeze me in at short notice. Funnily enough it’s been squeaking for over a year, it started groaning at the weekend, on Monday on my way home from work the battery light flickered on an off several times, so it was parked up untill this morning when I took it to the rotatingelectrics garage, and as I got about 200 yards up the road, I got the suspension fault appear and battery light on constant. So it was quite literally just in time.lol. No airbag thank heavens. Quiet as a mouse now and no errors anywhere.

To top it off I got home from work to find the pulley locking spanner had arrived from powerfuluk as I was going to do the removal myself..lol

Post #545585 Thu Jan 11 2018 11:23pm
m3nutter

Nice one mate, glad your sorted Thumbs Up

Post #546144 Wed Jan 17 2018 9:24pm
K!AN1

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

#threadrevival AGAIN

So my 2011 3.0 TDV6 crapped the alternator lasnight leaving me stranded!

Mine also hs the dynamic suspension and just wanted to check this is the correct thread/procedure?
From what I can tell, i need to remove the fan shroud and fan to be able to get to the Ace pump that sits below the alternator?

This can be done at home right, no need for body to be removed etc etc

Many thanks

Post #618806 Sat Nov 06 2021 3:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123