RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Returning to RRS - 65 HSED or 14 AB ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Canary

England 

I had a the referrence system in my last sport and yes it was great sounding but in true land rover style the doors cards are too light and rattle, i had it in with the technicians time and time again, and eventually they said i had to live with it as there was nothing they could do as the design of the cards is the issue and a design fault, go figure!!!

wouldnt waste my time if i was paying put it that way. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect πŸ‘
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #545653 Fri Jan 12 2018 2:21pm
tonser

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Thanks again for the replies chaps. I didn't get to see the AB today as my daughter was poorly so that'll happen on Monday now.
I do like my music, and drive often on my own, so a Meridien system does hold appeal over the standard one ( though I'd never pay for it on a new build ! ). I realised the AB also has genuine side steps which is a bonus for the kids in the back too. All these are little things (heated wheel, 7 seats, reference sound, sidesteps, the AB bits), but when you add them all in the AB is looking favourable right now. All that said, I did some miles in the SQ5 today and boy does it sounds good !!!

Decisions, decisions ( and first world problems ! )

Tony Play: '59 VW Kabrio & '90 964
Work: http://www.mustardpost.com

Post #545687 Fri Jan 12 2018 9:25pm
syl

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't worry much about the stereo - the last three JLR cars I have had have all had the 850W Meridian system, but I never have the volume on more than 6 (out of 50 I believe). A lot less watts would be fine. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #545698 Fri Jan 12 2018 10:08pm
IRBails

Australia 

My two Bobs worth, I have a HSE SDV8 with the Mid spec sound. My SQ 5 has the Bang hi end system and I think the RRS system is way better sound wise. My frustrations with the system are more to do with the tech, can't have blue tooth and USB connected at same time, so switching between sources is a pain. Also can't toggle between sources with the steering wheel controls, something that was easy on my old Treg. I love my V8 D get economy, good performance , and all the extras such as Dynamic drive, locking diff's etc. Also on my model I missed add blue which IMO is a real plus. A diesel with High long run miles would be a better buy than a diesel with short run lower mileage, so I'd have a good look and the Farmer's vehicle especially if it has been maintained as claimed. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #545704 Fri Jan 12 2018 11:00pm
tonser

Hi IRBails, interesting that you have the RRS and the SQ5 directly to compare. I agree with you re the functionality of the SQ5 audio system - it sucks !!
I'd prefer the sound and performance of either the TDV8, or the 5.0 V8 but the residuals on both mean the dealers cant match the PCP monthlies that they can on the SDV6 so they're a no go.

I mentioned the crankshaft issue to a dealer yesterday, and they responded that they know the issue and "are able to identify its potential on trade-ins, and any that have it are sent straight to auction, as its not in their interest to sell it on"

Post #545728 Sat Jan 13 2018 9:30am
IRBails

Australia 

I like the get up and go on the SQ5, fastest diesel SUV on the market when I purchased. Re the crank issues , I have seen many explanations on the issue from spun bearings and manufacturing issues, there was a S.A guy that did a good article but as to the reason I can't remember. I would have thought if it is a known fault LR would have to fix no matter what the period after warranty is, this is how it works in OZ, fit for purpose over rides manufacturers warranty. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #545808 Sun Jan 14 2018 10:51am
tonser

Another question ... the media/nav unit in my 2012 Disco 4 was painfully slow to use, sometimes taking 10 seconds to respond to a button press. Would the system in a 14 RRS be the same or was it overhauled/updated ?

Thanks

Post #545875 Sun Jan 14 2018 8:11pm
IRBails

Australia 

I seem to recall complaints about the MY14 system being slow. In saying this I wouldn't call my 16 system that fast either ,however the sound quality is fantastic. These days best Nav is google via a good smart phone, I use Galaxy Note 8 which can run music, speed camera app, Nav & Messages etc simultaneously. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #545892 Sun Jan 14 2018 9:47pm
tonser

The deal is done ! I split the difference with the two cars I had lined up, and found a MY15.5 AB, and they matched the prices I was getting on the others, so I get the 306hp engine and updates, plus the AB goodies.

The car was listed as a stock AB with no options, on both the LR and the dealers own website, and was a good proposition to me as that. When I went to see it and took it for a drive I found Special order Carpathian paint, deployable side steps, Meridian reference system, sliding pano roof, and head up display.

So I'm pleased, and looking forward to getting it this weekend.

Thanks for the advice

Post #546057 Tue Jan 16 2018 9:10pm
Farmer Chalk

Congratulations and most of all enjoy your new car! They really are a beautiful machine! Looks great car in that colour!

Post #546061 Tue Jan 16 2018 10:00pm
IRBails

Australia 

That sounds like a better deal, and wow the extras are all ones I'd want and would consider value. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #546091 Wed Jan 17 2018 10:04am
Canary

England 

Congrats that sounds like a peach with those unexpected options Thumbs Up , enjoy! MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect πŸ‘
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect πŸ‘Œ
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #546115 Wed Jan 17 2018 3:32pm
Chips

England 

Always nice when you get a few extras you weren't expecting , I asked the dealer several times if our AB had gesture tailgate and Wi-Fi and he said not , I even said that I thought it was standard on an AB but he checked and said not ! So it was very nice to buy it and find it had indeed got both , I had already prepared the kids that they would not be getting Wi-Fi as the last car had it .
A friend of mine bought a pre reg Disco sport over 12mths ago and it was only when he came up to see us last week that I showed him it had gesture tailgate !

Post #546134 Wed Jan 17 2018 7:06pm
Farmer Chalk

Going off topic but relating to gesture tailgate how do you activate it... mine has got it but it doesn’t work when you want it to...i can gesture it, wiggle it , and everything but it ignores me..it only seems to work when you are washing the car and the tailgate almost brains you! Any clues?

Post #546170 Wed Jan 17 2018 9:56pm
Chips

England 

Walk up to it so that your shin is right in front of either the left or right parking sensor , kick forward until your foot almost hits the underside of the car , it takes a bit of practice and you'll never be 100% , it is useful sometimes as we have a disabled daughter who we have to carry ,so that and keyless entry has been great . The downside is you quite often get your shoes dirty if you actually kick the car !

Post #546175 Wed Jan 17 2018 11:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>