RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 41 of 41 <123 ... 394041

Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Johnski wrote:
......but in UK Velar sales are less than 55% of projected sales. Overseas sales seem to be doing well on targets and possibly keeping it afloat, perhaps they have more money than sense. It still doesn't know where it's meant to fit in range, and at my dealership who had two new since launch, one basic plus extras and one the top model, still none sold and they are using the Velar now as a loan car for when you have a service, as well as other better models of course, Discovery Sport and RRS all this years latest models, perhaps that's why servicing costs so much?. Whistle

These 2 were there when I picked up my SC,,I didn’t take much notice on the spec as they do nothing for me,,,,even the wife & daughter said it was a ugly looking car for a RR.Later that day we passed a Hyundai 4x4 & the wife said,, ,look one of those ugly RangeRovers Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter .

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #541890 Sun Nov 26 2017 4:10pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is an interesting item on Autocar’s website this week about Velar sales................. reading between the lines it would appear that the reason that not many have been seen on the roads is that LR misjudged how many cars would be bought at launch based on overwhelming interest when the car was given its first public viewing, but when it went on sale most of that interest evaporated because the prices and finance rates were too ambitious........... LR reckons in the UK the car has been of little appeal to Sport owners and relatively few have “changed down to a Velar”, “many Evoque owners have traded up to Velar” (not if you ask owners on the forums who rate it as too expensive!) but “:most sales have been conquest sales from German brands”. Sorry LR that still doesn’t account for how few of them we see on the roads in the UK - money is tight and Velar is too expensive for many prospective owners even if you are now heavily discounting them and offering incentives to buy. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #543300 Wed Dec 13 2017 9:07am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Sales of Velar cannot be good - on Channel 4 tonight there have been ads for it at least 4 times between 1800 and 2230....... Cannot think of the last time I saw a TV ad on UK television for a Range Rover............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #545901 Sun Jan 14 2018 11:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Nice ad though Thumbs Up

Post #545902 Sun Jan 14 2018 11:08pm
garrycol

Australia 

Why would you buy the expensive Velar when you can buy the same car in Jaguar F Pace form - much better deal? 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #545905 Mon Jan 15 2018 12:40am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Reasons similar to why people buy the more expensive L320 RRS when they could have bought the same car in Disco 3/4 form. Except that the differences between F Pace and Velar are stronger than Disco and RRS IMHO. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #545914 Mon Jan 15 2018 8:11am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

RRSman wrote:
Nice ad though Thumbs Up

S'funny but I thought the ad was bizarre. Presumably they're trying to suggest "top dog" or wolf in disguise or something else equally vacuous. I watched it once and just thought "tw@ts". Nothing made me think "nice car, want one". Which one is odd as I've driven one briefly and did think "nice car, wouldn't say no". Confused 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #545925 Mon Jan 15 2018 9:36am
RRSTDV8

garrycol wrote:
Why would you buy the expensive Velar when you can buy the same car in Jaguar F Pace form - much better deal?

F Pace doesn't have air suspension as an option does it? Not a deal breaker for some but for others it is. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #545927 Mon Jan 15 2018 9:45am
garrycol

Australia 

As neither is an offroad vehicle the sir suspension is of limited advantage around town - really not needed. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #545950 Mon Jan 15 2018 12:19pm
BKHK

Australia 

I had an F-Pace for the arvo a couple of weeks ago. A 3.0 d - I really liked it, had enough commonality with my RRS to be familiar but was kind of elegant in being slightly simpler.

Post #545963 Mon Jan 15 2018 12:49pm
RRSTDV8

garrycol wrote:
As neither is an offroad vehicle the sir suspension is of limited advantage around town - really not needed.

As I said, some prefer air suspension. That applies equally around town and on general roads as off road. Air gives a different ride to coils.

As for the comparison between Velar and F Pace, I prefer the look of the Velar to the F Pace. The Basking Shark mouth on the F Pace looks silly to me although it's better than it was. I also prefer the general look of the Velar to the F Pace.
Click image to enlarge

I won't be buying either so it's moot for me but I know which I prefer the look of. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders

Post #545981 Mon Jan 15 2018 3:54pm
Tim in Scotland

I’ve just sent the ad again on Monday evening and I realise what it is now - they are trying to sell the car to security guards at scrap yards....... unless that is Gerry MacGovern’s pad and it has to be kept so secure with all those dogs running free 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #545997 Mon Jan 15 2018 8:14pm
BKHK

Australia 

But RRS, not all Velars have air suspension. I probably prefer the Velar looks as well but I was impressed by the F-Pace and it’s good if you don’t want too many screens.

I started by wanting a Velar but after driving and looking at them in some depth, I went with the SC.

Post #546026 Tue Jan 16 2018 1:12pm
Nowaytk

England 

Had a test drive a while back, and was really impressed, so much so, I’ve now signed on the dotted line and ordered one Very Happy loved all the screens etc and found the seats to be a lot more comfortable. But then mine is only a lowly HSE, gone with the same engine (sdv6) so still has the V6 sound rather than a 4 pot, just got to get used to the rotory selector, The lower driving position, I thought might be a problem as I used to like commanding position but, I lowered my seat to its lowest (I’m only a short a##e) to see if I could get used to it and now find it the norm, and even don’t miss the arm rest. I know it’s still not as low as the velar but can live with it, I’ve seen a lot of talk of “for the same money “ you can get the new sport, but for me I think it’s all relative as yes I could’ve got another low spec sport and feel ‘I wish I had this or that’ but to spec one equivalent to the velar I would’ve had to go for the autobiography which rules it out.
The clock is ticking Laughing 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #548173 Sat Feb 10 2018 11:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 41 of 41 <123 ... 394041