RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > DPF Again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

£31,000 for a new Audi engine............ didn’t realise the £/Euro exchange rate was that bad......... some body is ripping somebody off there. My sister’s 3.0Q5 has just had an engine replacement but it is less than a year old and it’s on the 2nd replacement car too............. JLR don’t have a monopoly on failures BUT they almost have a monopoly on poor treatment of customers when things go badly wrong and that are not the owners fault 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #543580 Sun Dec 17 2017 1:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

bluestone wrote:
What is this crankshaft issue about?

Here you go,,bluestone only 12 pages to read,,
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic49343.html

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #543583 Sun Dec 17 2017 2:04pm
Chips

England 

We had a Q5 which had a gearbox fault two months outside the 3 year warranty , after a couple of tries repairing they declared it needed a new box at £8k and would not contribute a penny even thought the original repair was done inside warranty albeit with a previous owner . Below 20mph the fault was undetectable so we just traded it in at another Audi garage for a Q7 , this blew an injector out and had to be recovered , luckily within Audi warranty . The wheels also flaked very badly and were refurbed 3 times , not by Audi as by now it was outside of warranty and again they didn't want to know , luckily the dealer thought it was poor build quality and so stood the cost , well done to Shrewsbury Audi Smile . We replaced this Q7 for the new shape one , this had the engine rebuilt 3 times under the warranty and was a big part of the reason we sold it before the warranty ran out . So I think this goes to show all marques have their issues , Shrewsbury Audi did treat us very well though especially as none of the cars were purchased from them , they did offer some help on the Q5 too but it was cheaper to change it .
Hatfields Landrover in Shrewsbury have been very good to us too , again we didn't buy the RRS of them , but when in there for new mudguards they managed to put swirl marks into the piano black pillars while valeting it , (never let dealers wash my car again ) they had the car back in and replaced all the panels they had put swirls into but also replaced a panel my Wife had smashed while reversing into a tree ! All FOC and then lifeshined the vechicle and gave us a lifeshine bag of goodies all FOC .
I think the moral here is all Marques have there issues but it's how the dealer handles these issues that counts and we are very lucky in having top Audi and LR dealers on our doorsteps Smile

Post #543585 Sun Dec 17 2017 2:25pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Christ , i must remember to never buy a car that was owned by Chips. Laughing SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #543586 Sun Dec 17 2017 2:28pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

bluestone wrote:
wilf wrote:
bluestone wrote:
Well this has well and truly confused my car changeover plan. Had planned to order a MY18 RRS again which would set me back 75k.

Alternatively can get a demonstrator 730d M Sport for 40k, AND a 15 plate F-TYPE R for 35k. Giving me best of both worlds. At least the BMW won't break down (or at least shouldn't)

Don't kid yourself - other marques have their issues as well. Plenty of well-behaved RRS out there, you just don't see people reporting about them on forums such as this, only the problem children.

The OPs car obviously has an issue that is causing the DPF blockages, and I wonder if it is over fuelling due to air leaks on the induction side. Not many people know that intake air leaks can cause DPF issues.

So far, it would appear his Dealer has treated the symptoms rather than their root cause.

Well I have given up hope that the dealer will ever sort this. After a regeneration sometimes just a day of driving in town (about 30 miles) can cause a blockage. The robots at JLR are preprogrammed to blame driving style. I argued that if a car with a freshly regerenated DPF cannot cope with a day's driving in town, then that car isn't fit for purpose. The technician's responded again "....must be driving style". I did ask him never to use the words "driving style" in my presence again unless he wanted to sustain some serious injuries.

As rejecting a vehicle after 27 months isn't an option what other remedies can JLR offer for customers with problematic vehicles.

I had this problem back in 2010/2011 with a Jaguar XF 3.0dS. After being recovered 6 times Jaguar were unable to sort it and kept quoting 'driving style' although I was covering 400 miles per week. At the time the problem appeared I'd covered around 24k miles. I told Jaguar I wanted out of the car. It was taken back by them at near enough its retail value and was offered a significant discount on a new car. My old car appeared on the forecourt and I was informed by one of the service team the next owner had the same problems!
Tim

Post #543587 Sun Dec 17 2017 2:32pm
IRBails

Australia 

This is most likely not a DFP issue but an issue of electronics. Bad sender or ECU something like this. DPF if new could not not block so quickly so it is another issue. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #543638 Sun Dec 17 2017 10:41pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

DPF gone again, only 500 miles after the car left the workshop last week, and only a few days after a clear 100 miles motorway run. Even assist are getting annoyed given that this is the 16th call out for this car.

My plan for the weekend is to write a detailled letter of complaint to LRUK, the supplying dealer, LR Assist, the local dealer who has carried out the repairs, and also Dr Speth himself.

On a more positive note I saw a MY18 vehicle today at the dealer and managed to have a sneak inside the car. Externally it didnt feel substantially different to the current car, and whilst the dual screens are an improvement I wasn't exactly blown away. Having said that I will probably still order one in the coming months. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #544959 Sat Jan 06 2018 2:23pm
JLR supercar03

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
DPF RRS 2015

Hi Bluestone
I am having the exact same experience with 2105 RRS Its like I wrote your story myself except I got an engine midway through my DPF issues when the crank Snapped.
Have you had any update from the dealer ?
thank you

Post #545895 Sun Jan 14 2018 10:01pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Hi

Well the car has been booked in for diagnostics by Land Rover Finance. Not sure what the outcome will be but it's a start.

Spoke to Farnells who supplied the vehicle and they said they would give me a very good deal on a MY17 to compensate me, although I guess anyone could get a good deal on them right now.

LRUK have made it as difficult as possible to raise a claim against them and they have made it clear they will drag the process on for several months before they can escalate. Does anyone have the contact details for Dr Speth, or know any what I can get correspondence to him?

Thanks MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #545898 Sun Jan 14 2018 10:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Herr Doctor Speth’s contact details have been posted lots of time , you can find them by typing Speth into the forum search function. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #545900 Sun Jan 14 2018 10:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bluestone

United Kingdom 

DPF gone again. This time only 250 miles after LR assist forced a regeneration last week. In fairness I spent 2 days stuck in traffic driving around town and the only high speed run the car had during this period was a single 10 mile clear motorway run.

Have any of you guys experienced DPF blockages after just 250 miles of town driving?

LRUK have taken a back seat as LR finance are carrying out an investigation and they refuse to be involved simultaneously. I don't have the energy to prepare a letter to send to the exec office. Hopefully I will get round to it in early Feb. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #546289 Fri Jan 19 2018 6:00pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Re: DPF RRS 2015

JLR supercar03 wrote:
Hi Bluestone
I am having the exact same experience with 2105 RRS Its like I wrote your story myself except I got an engine midway through my DPF issues when the crank Snapped.
Have you had any update from the dealer ?
thank you

Wow,,,some haven’t even got a date for their delivery of my18 models & you have a 2105.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #546292 Fri Jan 19 2018 6:38pm
bluestone

United Kingdom 

So finally after 8 weeks of investigation by my local dealer in conjunction with Land Rover technical team, they have finally concluded that there is no issue with my car and the DPF problems are related to my "driving style". Needless to say I hit the roof hearing that again.

I have asked them to explain why my vehicle has a DPF blockage every 200-300 miles, but I have been able to drive their loan car (Vogue SDV6) for 3000 miles without a single DPF issue, with all factors remaining the same apart from the vehicle itself.

Interestingly my RRS has always run at 22mpg, whereas the Vogue loan car I have had for 8 weeks has averages 26. The journeys have been identical. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #551433 Thu Mar 15 2018 9:57am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

My 2 pennyworth (and I know its easy to say as I don't have to do it) is that it may well now be getting close to time to call in a solicitor. This car is obviously not fit for purpose and needs to be fixed. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #551435 Thu Mar 15 2018 10:37am
bluestone

United Kingdom 

Well after 18 months of repeatedly telling me my driving style is the problem, Land Rover technical have now decided to change the throttle body, whatever that may be.

If that resolves the issue I will not be pleased if it took 17 breakdown visits for the problem to finally be rectified, although I'm still not holding my breath. MY16 (65) RRS, HSE, White, 21" 507s, Pan/Black Roof, 7 Seats, Ebony/Cirrus, Surround Cams, Fully Color Coded

Post #551532 Thu Mar 15 2018 7:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>