RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Experience at Dunkeld
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue
Experience at Dunkeld

An absolutely fantastic experience. What a brilliant place and fantastic people. From the booking through continuous updates and reception at Butterstone Loch. The course is amazing, I still can’t believe that I drove the RRS over any of it. Before the instructions from Doug I won’t have even considered looking at it. Great place and great car.
Doug has the patience of a saint and nerves of steel. Very professional and knowledgable such that he managed to encourage me to get through obstacles I would not have contemplated. I even managed to keep my eyes open, he insisted.
Thanks to all at Butterstone. A day to remember and highly recommended.

Post #545815 Sun Jan 14 2018 11:40am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

I went there a couple of years ago & it was brilliant. Terrific instructor. You can not imagine what the car is capable of, far more than most people's ability or nerve. Just believe in the instructor. As the cars were all new I asked what happened to them. They are returned to Land Rover after about 3000 miles so I would imagine your low mileage only used on a Sunday by an old lady might have a tale to tell Evil or Very Mad Censored Whistle

Post #545820 Sun Jan 14 2018 12:21pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So that qualifies both of you to join up to the Scottish Green Road Club and come and join in with the Scottish version of green laning. Club website has joining instructions and application form at www.scotgrc.co.uk £20 for lifetime membership and £10 per run attended to cover the costs of arranging the runs. The next run out is Feb10th and 11th in the Galloway Forest - it is over two days due restrictions on numbers attending each day by the land owner. These are non-damaging ( unles yountry very very hard) droves intended as a non-scary day out on mostly forestry tracks/ waterboard roads/ Electriciry Company roads and wind farm access roads. Most are gravel roads but your car will get dirty, no special tyres needed, they are great fun and membership gets you automatic membership of the Scottish Green Training Club too where we do more serious things like winch training, teaching you what the controls of TR do, how to recover cars and how to drive where there are no roads or tracks. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jan 14 2018 12:47pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #545821 Sun Jan 14 2018 12:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PC76

United Kingdom 

I will be around butter bridge tomorrow and Tuesday completing site surveys Smile can you send me a link to the route please Smile

Post #545822 Sun Jan 14 2018 12:45pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

PC, Butterbridge is on the west coast at the back of the Rest and Be Thankful just off the A83 and is a seriously good place to go greenlaning if you have the land owners permission - it is Freelander Friendly so any other LR can hack it too. I took a 1 day old Evoque over the tracks there in Sept 2011..... The LRE is at Butterstone near Dunkeld over on the east side of Scotland. I assume your are something to do with the wind farm that is to be developed in Glen Kinglass? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #545823 Sun Jan 14 2018 12:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Been a few times up to the old Dunkeld LRE. (at The Hilton) They are great days out!
I’m actually going up the week after next for a freebie in the Velar.
By the looks of it, it is a separate course to the norm, focusing on the design and functions of the car, aimed at selling me one.
I’m hoping I can tell them just to skip the sales pitch and just take me to the mud!
Cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #545865 Sun Jan 14 2018 6:23pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I was at Dunkeld LRE in November, they tailor it to what you want and I at no time felt like there was any sales pitch. I'd upgraded the free ticket to full day and took a friend so the driving was split, so I was trying to learn as much as I could about what all the terrain response controls and other hardware was about while my friend was more concentrating on the track and didn't really care about the RRS hardware. The instructor just tailored it to us. We were on the custom built track in the morning then one of the the forest tracks in the afternoon and had a great day.

I'm just hoping my wife doesn't want to use her free ticket so I have an excuse to go back this year. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #545880 Sun Jan 14 2018 8:28pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Been up 3 times now. Doesn’t get old at all

Pity they don’t do any free vouchers any more Crying or Very sad Laughing

Post #545959 Mon Jan 15 2018 12:36pm
Hugh Haddow

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Thanks Tim, I may have to take you up on that kind offer, especially since I’m ideally placed for the Galloway forests.

Post #546003 Mon Jan 15 2018 9:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1