RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > To buy or not
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Alshepuk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
To buy or not

I am currently looking to purchase a 2009 facelift RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 with 79,000 miles on it.
I gave previously owned a 2005 Discovery 3. I loved the car but it was nothing but trouble.
My issues with the proposed car is as follows (please don't get upset).

1. The image of the brand is not great.

2. Can I expect huge bilks in the months to come? The car has had quite a bit of work done to it over the past year. New active roll bar and full service with cam belt change. All services excerpt the lady were done by main dealers.

My heart is saying buy it my head is saying no. It's weekly use will be 2 times a day a return drive of 2 miles with the odd 20 miles return to pkay golf.

I really would appreciate any advice.

Post #545316 Tue Jan 09 2018 6:17pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

I do understand your thoughts and you are quite right but its the same as how long is a piece of string i had my disco for 3 years and did not spend much and i have had my RRS1 for 10 months and again minimal spend except from what i want to but you can buy a lemon but Land Rover have come some way to rectifying the issues but the crank issue is still there and they are complex machines but nice to drive service history is so important and i would rather have one that did quite a few miles each day rather than as you say a couple of miles a day as nothing will get warmed up completely but thats my thought Thumbs Up

Post #545328 Tue Jan 09 2018 7:41pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

There’s lots on here about the pros and cons of the V6 engine especially crankshaft stuff.

But what stands out for me is your planned journeys. Doesn’t sound too good for a diesel. Why not go for a nice big petrol? The mpg isn’t going to make much difference for the sort of mileage you’re planning and petrol is better suited to the itinerary you’ve listed Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #545329 Tue Jan 09 2018 7:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Two miles a days each way is the fastest way to ruin a Diesel engined car, worse if it has a DPF as you will get that clogged up really really quickly, even petrol engines will not like such short trips. What you want is a used Renault Zoe EV - Renault are almost giving them away for free and they have no VED on them and you could find a low miles one with a new battery pack to give 210 miles electric range for about £6000 + you can rent the battery pack from Renault form£70pm which would give you a free replacement battery as soon as the efficiency / charge capacity starts to decrease. If you don’t even want to spend that there is the even healthier G Tech electrically assisted bicycle............. about £600 brand new + the cost of some Lycra and waterproofs and lights...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #545338 Tue Jan 09 2018 8:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alshepuk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks for the information. I have not had a diesel since my move.

As far as the cycle is concerned the short journey is to take the dog over to the local open I don't think she would appreciate being strapped to the back of a cycle.

Now searching for an alternative

Post #545344 Tue Jan 09 2018 9:50pm
qcnr

Norway 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

You could always walk the dog to the local open.... Mr. Green
ANd otherwise agree with Tim, for that usage an electric car makes the most sense....

Post #545375 Wed Jan 10 2018 7:30am
shug89

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

What has the image of the brand got to with your decision on purchase? Will your golf buddies make fun of you? Rolling with laughter

Post #545392 Wed Jan 10 2018 11:35am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Perhaps a change of driving activity is called for. Once you’ve got an RRS you’ll want to drive it so 2 miles just won’t be enough.

I was doing 8000 miles a year in my Jag. That’s gone up to 15000 a year now I’ve got the RRS Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #545479 Wed Jan 10 2018 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1