RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Battery change on 2008 TDV6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rayb22

United Kingdom 
Battery change on 2008 TDV6

There was a problem on the wife, s 2008 sport, engine management light came on and the wipers and ipod started on there own, she has cleared the codes, I have been informed that if the battery is not in Tip top condition that this can cause these problems, the battery has been checked and requires changing.
Was wondering if there is a procedure for changing the battery so error codes occur during change out.

Regards Ray

Post #545267 Tue Jan 09 2018 10:49am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Who checked the battery? Do they have an interest in selling you a new one? The AA are very quick to condemn every battery they test because they want to sell you an overpriced replacement and most other organisations are no different. Try charging the battery fully with a proper smart charger first and see how it goes.

Should you need a replacement battery just lift the bonnet, wait 15 minutes for car to go to sleep (key out) and swap battery over. 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #545276 Tue Jan 09 2018 12:05pm
Green Spyghs

England 
Re: Battery change on 2008 TDV6

rayb22 wrote:
There was a problem on the wife, s 2008 sport, engine management light came on and the wipers and ipod started on there own, she has cleared the codes, I have been informed that if the battery is not in Tip top condition that this can cause these problems, the battery has been checked and requires changing.
Was wondering if there is a procedure for changing the battery so error codes occur during change out.

Regards Ray

I've had a similar issue myself @rayb22, it's worth spending a bit of time looking through all the fuses - this was my first port of call, to no avail. Next I would check your back seats are folded down as this will ensure the wiring assembly card is flush with the PCB board. With regards to your procedure request, I have found the 'in and out' technique works best for me but make sure the cars running hot first.

Worth noting, B&M are doing a manager's special on AA batteries until Monday - so you get a move on as you don't want to be... 'over-charged' (battery pun) Rolling Eyes

Kind regards,
G Mr. Green

Post #545287 Tue Jan 09 2018 12:48pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

@Green Spyghs
Would it not be easier to ask @rayb22 the question in person, after all you have the same IP address, so must be using the same connection Rolling Eyes Or do you like talking to yourself Wink

Post #545386 Wed Jan 10 2018 10:40am
Paddi

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Bow down Classic 2008 MY Java Black TDV8 HSE

Post #545394 Wed Jan 10 2018 11:41am
Richythepom

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Had to get a new battery for my '08 RRS last year - Advanced Battery Supplies seemed to do the best price and even took back the 'too long' Varta and replaced it with the correct 'shorter' version at no cost! 2008 RRS HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #547055 Mon Jan 29 2018 4:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1