RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Chassis number SALLSAA137A990071 reg M7 TMM - HELP NEEDED
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

timcom0

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Chassis number SALLSAA137A990071 reg M7 TMM - HELP NEEDED

Help needed please, i have been for the last three years trying to track down my private registration M7TMM
with very little success, Have tried DVLA that keep informing me that i sold the vehicle with the plate on and therefore lost any rights to it un less i contact the person that bought my vehicle and the y agree the rights of the plate back to me.

Well have tried Facebook and the ways the police and we buy any car that were going to transfer plate initially but didn't,
i know totally my own fault at the time and my own doing but wondered if by any chance the owner of the above chassis number which my plate was on may help, any help at all would be of great appreciation.

If found i would be even willing to purchase the plate back but DVLA do state that the plate lies dormant somewhere as not allocated to a vehicle but as earlier state because i transferred ownership prior to retention that it doesn't belong to me any more.

please anybody an idea how to track it down.
Thanks
Tim Bow down Bow down

Post #545213 Mon Jan 08 2018 6:25pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Unfortunately Tim, any official department or company will not provide you the information because of the Data protection Act 1996 and if they do they will be breaking the law, the only time that info can be given is if you have some interest by way of ownership or a course of official action, and whilst you were the owner.....you are not now.
The only thing you can do is by way of social media and keep fingers crossed that the right person is made aware.
Will keep fingers crossed and wish you good luck. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #545215 Mon Jan 08 2018 6:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you tried contacting one of the companies that deals in number plates to see if they have it listed? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #545221 Mon Jan 08 2018 7:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Sportie

United Kingdom 

The Reg number doesn't seem to appear on the Road Tax or MOT, Government, websites that show vehicle history's.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Post #545223 Mon Jan 08 2018 7:22pm
timcom0

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Have you tried contacting one of the companies that deals in number plates to see if they have it listed?

I have tim and they say it's not available allocated to someone else, the plates are in my garage from when removed so struggling, think that new owner put his own private plate on so not bothered with that number just sat someone.
Thanks

Post #545238 Mon Jan 08 2018 8:58pm
timcom0

Sportie wrote:
The Reg number doesn't seem to appear on the Road Tax or MOT, Government, websites that show vehicle history's.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

i know mate tried them all, annoying that it's not allocated and the amount of money over the years transferring the plate from vehicle to vehicle and then just to lose it Censored DVLA won't help at all

Post #545239 Mon Jan 08 2018 9:01pm
Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It isn't that the DVLA WONT help, it is that they CANT help because it is the law. I know it is not what you want to hear but my original reply was just trying to set out the problem that you will hit each time for every company you approach and ask for information. I don't want to throw cold water on your attempts to trace your plates and I really do hope that you do trace them, I was just being realistic in the obstacles that are in your way. Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #545240 Mon Jan 08 2018 9:17pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I thought you could pay a fee to somebody and it would reveal the details?. I found this https://www.gov.uk/request-information-from-dvla but I'm not sure your reason to contact would be bound by the service, might be worth a try though.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #545255 Tue Jan 09 2018 7:45am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Hi Tim,,the RRS was last tested feb 17,,might be worth a call see if they know owner as its due another mot next month so they could have it booked in

CROSSBANK GARAGE
CROSSBANK GARAGE,
CROSSBANK STREET,
OLDHAM,
OL8 1HE

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #545257 Tue Jan 09 2018 8:11am
d-9

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

You can pay a small fee and get the data, it's how parking fine companies get your details. I suggest you Google social engineering and take it from there.

Post #545258 Tue Jan 09 2018 8:33am
timcom0

Tyrefitter wrote:
Hi Tim,,the RRS was last tested feb 17,,might be worth a call see if they know owner as its due another mot next month so they could have it booked in

CROSSBANK GARAGE
CROSSBANK GARAGE,
CROSSBANK STREET,
OLDHAM,
OL8 1HE

Andy

Thanks Andy I'll follow that up cheers Tim

Post #545263 Tue Jan 09 2018 9:01am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Unless it is on a vehicle or on retention it is probably gone forever. If the owner put on a private plate, your reg would be in the DVLA archives but will not be obtainable.
There are countless desirable numbers from when cars first started using number plates up to the 1960's prior to the suffix/prefix letters A, B etc being added that the DVLA hold due to the vehicle being scrapped. But they will not re-issue them.
They do sell plates, but only plates that have not been previously issued
They can make millions by re-issuing old plate with no prefix/suffix letters, but choose not to.
I have always had private plate, but years ago you had to jump through hoops to get them transferred. For example the donor car had to have a current MOT & it had to be inspected by the DVLA, so you could not just buy an old log book from a scrappy, fill up a DVLA form & transfer the plate.
Not what you want to hear, but its probably gone forever

Post #545264 Tue Jan 09 2018 9:36am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive checked the car through chassis number & it is now on another private plate.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #545268 Tue Jan 09 2018 9:53am
timcom0

A big thank you to everyone that took time out to help in a successful hunt for my plate i have now met up with the
previous owner and both spoken to DVLA and have signed the number plate back to me so again thanks everybody especially tyre fitter Thumbs Up

Post #545745 Sat Jan 13 2018 1:08pm
Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thumbs Up at least you got it back MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #545754 Sat Jan 13 2018 3:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>