Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > iPod and Spotify on MY 2011
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Portman Len

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
iPod and Spotify on MY 2011

Hi all,

I own a MY 2011 RRS - with an iPod connector in the centre console - and I am considering buying an iPod Touch (6th generation) specifically to keep in the car, so as I can access my Spotify library in-car.

I know that I'll need a lightning converter as the original Land Rover cable isn't compatible, but my question is this? Any idea, once connected, if I'll be able to access all of the downloaded (offline) music on my iPod via the console screen (and steering controls) or is this only available via music files in iTunes?

I don't want to go to the time and trouble of buying all this only to discover that it doesn't work. Another option might be to invest in a Bluetooth streaming option such as a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth streamer, and stream via Spotify on my android phone, but I'm guessing I won't be able to select which music to listen to from the screen.

Final option is to buy a new Velar, which has Spotify built-in!!! Laughing

Cheers 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE

Post #543874 Fri Dec 22 2017 1:42pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I stream tidal from my android phone direct into the audio system in my 2012 RRS, it shows track info the lot. Is this not possible on a 2011 (eg bluetooth audio without need for an adaptor) ?

Post #544951 Sat Jan 06 2018 11:17am
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
I only

Play music from Spotify in my 2011 I bought the lightening adapter and I can see the songs via the display and can change up and down plus volume via the steering wheel controls. Occasionally the up and down stops working and I resolve by unplugging and replugging the adaptor In to the fone Thumbs Up

Post #544958 Sat Jan 06 2018 2:18pm
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Steering wheel controls, back and forward and track info all available on 2012 via bluetooth.

Saw a Velar in the flesh today and.... Sorry, I'd rather keep my 2012 RRS. Too plasticky and expensive. LR is losing its way trying to be too greedy. Defender, Freelander, Evoque, RRS and FFRR made sense. Now they have simply jacked the prices right up and told customer service to **** off at the same time.

Whats the point of a disco sport or a velar that an evoque or rrs doesn't cover ? They're trying to do a BMW with models a to z, though with LR basically forget it if 40k is too high a start price (I exaggerate slightly but ine gets the point).

Love my 2012 but can see this being my last RR for the above reasons.

Post #544961 Sat Jan 06 2018 2:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Disco Sport is less expensive than an Evoque and has 7 seats ( two of which are nigh on useless and if used mean there is no boot space) so it appeals to family buyers, where I live a lot of farmers have downsized from Disco 4 (they hate Disco5) to Disco Sport and I have a neighbour who downsized from a FFRR L405 Autobiog to a Disco Sport when he retired and no longer got a company car so had to buy his own cars - he loves the DS and it goes most places he went off road with his shooting and fishing mates in the FFRR 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544966 Sat Jan 06 2018 4:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1