Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > GOT 6% DISC ON NEW PLUG IN
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
GOT 6% DISC ON NEW PLUG IN

hello

just wanted to let other members know that i have just placed an order for a new my18 plug in and have managed to get a £5.5k discount. I heard from Tim in scotland about carfile and thought i wouldnt be able to get a delaer to beat the £3.5k discount that carwow was offering but after trying carfile they were offering over £5.5k discount which my dealer has now also offered to match.

I just thought i would put this info out there in case there are members out there, like myself, who can benefit from knowing about carfile, which up until a few days ago i had never heard off

Post #544817 Thu Jan 04 2018 6:50pm
Leecccmk1

England 

Fair play to you, did you just show your dealer the broker quote and they matched it straight away?
I’m going to check this out tomorrow & see if I can better my deal!

Post #544844 Thu Jan 04 2018 10:09pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Thats a good deal rrs , well done! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #544858 Fri Jan 05 2018 9:19am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I wonder how much the drop of 6% in UK new car sales has forced dealers to be more generous. There was n interesting item on Radio4’s Today programme this morning that the mis-information about new Diesel engines cars is already leading to a much more worrying increase in CO2 emissions as people change to petrol engined cars and that older diesels with no NOx controls should be taxed off the road............ and that actually the biggest polluters on the roads are not cars but old commercial vehicles and buses/coaches that often are not well maintained. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544859 Fri Jan 05 2018 9:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rrsfan

Leecccmk1 wrote:
Fair play to you, did you just show your dealer the broker quote and they matched it straight away?

Exactly mate. At first when I went to see them mid December they offered me zero discount and then when I said carfile have offered me this deal they then offered to ALMOST match it. Because the dealership promised me in the future if I needed a loan car during a service etc I will get a range rover sport instead of a discovery sport and also because I want to see if the dealership looks after me in the future I decided to go with them even though it’s £500 more.

I will say that had the dealership refused to have moved on the price I would definately had gone with carfile as you deal with an actual LR dealership and any aftercare issues can be dealt with any LR dealer.

Post #544872 Fri Jan 05 2018 12:59pm
rrsfan

Leecccmk1 wrote:

Also forgot to mention that I called another local dealer who was also willing to match carfile had my local dealership refused

Post #544873 Fri Jan 05 2018 1:02pm
Canary

England 

does anyone have any data or links to what a 2ltr petrol phev would drive like, the only review i could find was in the Times weekend supplement just gone and that was on the new shape full fat which got an okay review except for the engine being a little bit of a let down plus only achieving 25-30 mpg and not the 101 mpg or whatnot!

thinking this car may be the next one but dont want to order blindly but tempted to push for a similar discount to the OP who did a great job getting his discount. MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #546118 Wed Jan 17 2018 3:48pm
sirrah4941

United Kingdom 

Does anyone know if you work for JLR do you get discount across the range? Looking at old links on the net the JLR privilege scheme seems to cover Evoque, disco and disco sport!!
I’m hoping to get a job with them and really hoping if I get it I can have a RRS. 2014 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Coupe in black

Post #546491 Mon Jan 22 2018 7:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1