RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Range to "oil service required" plummets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wilf

Range to "oil service required" plummets

I spotted the "range to oil service" was plummeting on my MY16 RRS, shortly after the last service 4.5k miles ago.

It sat at 5k for a couple of weeks, then suddenly dropped to zero at the end of last week and I got the "service required" messages.

My usage pattern has not changed since I bought the car (it quite happily did 16k miles for the first service and 32k for the second). I have done a few long distance trips since the second service, and my usual commute (not urban) is c25 miles. Mileage now is 36.5k.

There is a JLR "Service Compliance Notification" out (ref JLRP00100) that shows how MY 16 - 17 vehicles fitted with Ingenium 2.0 diesels or the 3.0V6 diesel have a problem - allegedly to do with oil dilution by fuel due to a DPF regen issue. Worth a read.

Not just RR Sports then, but Jag XEs, X260 XFs, and F Paces, too. Also Disco Sports and Ewoks.

Called my local Dealer - can't get it in until Jan 18th, they insisted it was safe to continue to drive without fear of engine damage - " a software problem sir".

I will draw off a sample and see if it smells of fuel today. I haven't noticed any drop in mpg, so doubt there have been multiple failed regens. If it does smell of fuel I will call LR Assist. (it didn't so I didn't)

NB - the service bulletin recommends free oil and filter changes for MY 16 - 17 vehicles if the car has done less than 75% of the "recommended service interval" mileage, and ditto with a charged full service if >90%.

I am concerned that this won't get sorted by a simple software update, as the service bulletin seems to indicate that JLR have decided DPF regens take longer on 3.0V6 diesels, with greater periods/amounts of exhaust stroke fuel injection, and the need for more frequent oil/filter changes will be a permanent feature.

AdBlue mileage is unaffected - lots of range yet.

We'll see. MY2016 HSE D SDV6

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #544707 Wed Jan 03 2018 8:08pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

I have only just got pasted watching for the DEF to Start going down Laughing

happy to say the oil service counter has been steadily going down, no where near the low miles we actually do, but the miles should be near by the end of March when it is due on time.

it must have dropped 4000 when we have only done about 1500 miles

Thumbs Up Corris HSE Dynamic 2016

Always pick up stick in the middle !!

Post #544710 Wed Jan 03 2018 8:25pm
wilf

This car must be female, it changes it's mind so often. Noticed the "service required" reminder had disappeared this morning, checked the "range to oil service" and it has gone up to 3500 miles!

Who wrote this software, Mickey Mouse? MY2016 HSE D SDV6

Post #545571 Thu Jan 11 2018 9:13pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

Have a read through the "Service Interval" and "Oil analysis " on this section of the DS forum

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=17

Only affects certain models of the 2.0 Ingenium and 3.0v6d and is all down to a massive design cock up by LR. Plenty of info on there to show what the design cock up is.

Post #545661 Fri Jan 12 2018 4:06pm
wilf

Wow

198 pages on that first thread, never going to have the time to wade through that! MY2016 HSE D SDV6

Post #545781 Sun Jan 14 2018 8:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1