RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Liverpool car park fire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Liverpool car park fire

I hope that no-one from the forum had a car in that car park and anyone headed to the arena got turned round and headed back home in time to avoid it. One thing for sure, for 1400 cars to be destroyed because of a fire in one vehicle, somebody’s insurer is going to have one hell of a bill to pay.......... which means a premium hike for the rest of us in 2018 Big Cry

Otherwise, Happy New Year to you all 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544495 Mon Jan 01 2018 9:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

To add fuel to the fire (sorry) apparently it was a Land Rover that caught fire Big Cry In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #544496 Mon Jan 01 2018 10:10am
phillh

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Nasty incident, I hope everyone got out ok.

As an aside, I have just helped my son replace an alternator on his X Type Jag (Mondeo engine). Awful job as its located at the back of the engine, access through wheel arch, had to remove engine mount to get to belt tensioner!

With the new one fitted, we noticed that under heavy load, the cable from the alternator to the positive battery terminal has degraded and is getting really hot. Suspect if left it could potentially cause a fire. New cable ordered.

Post #544500 Mon Jan 01 2018 11:13am
scarey

the sun video shows a 2002-2005 range rover FF,

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5243011/live...es-latest/

Post #544501 Mon Jan 01 2018 11:29am
lkefc84

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

A little insensitive to use a link from The S*n to comment on a story from Liverpool... 2007 TDV8 HSE.. beep beep!

Post #544565 Tue Jan 02 2018 9:14am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Looks like a Discovery 1 in the picture I saw

Post #544575 Tue Jan 02 2018 12:01pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Spot the Land Rovers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-42542556

Pic with RRS2 untouched on the roof - not sure how they'll get that down without a crane or a Chinook!

Post #544584 Tue Jan 02 2018 1:59pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

News from my mate who's car is in there somewhere, no scrap men will get anywhere near these cars, the building has been condemned an will be knocked down with the cars inside, the rubble will then be screened on site to separate the metal from the concrete.
So even the undamaged vehicles are now scrap 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #544595 Tue Jan 02 2018 3:41pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Ouch, like Tim says guess we can expect future premiums to go up a bob or two.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #544598 Tue Jan 02 2018 4:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If it is cheaper to crane down undamaged cars from the roof (and these days there ate plenty of mobile cranes with the height and SWL to do that) then the insurers will recover them. The problem then is cleaning the smoke damaged interiors. Having recently gone through a major fire onboard my ship I was amazed at how much insurers are prepared to spend not to have to replace a nearly new (in my case a 19 years old ship with a lot of now ancient electronic systems on it!) - the inside of the housing was untouched by the fire but because of the possibility of toxic residues from fire damaged items the entire accommodation was stripped and rebuild after the substructure was deep cleaned. Biggest problem was replacing fire damaged electronics that were dedicated to running equipment, some of it had to be hand made from scratch as manufacturers of things like winch control pc cards no longer keep stock. I would suggest that the various infers will club together to solve this claim as an industry and rent the biggest mobile crane that they can to do the job - of course a lot will depend on the access and if they can park a mobile crane close enough to the car park. Don’t laugh at using a helicopter to recover the likes of that RRS, if that is cheaper and easier than using a crane then it will be done that way. The folks who will decide are the Salvage Engineers and Loss Adjusters. One problem with any of the cars that look in good condition will be what effect has the huge amount of heat had on interiors and electronics - what might look a perfectly good car on the exterior may be have wrecked electronics and interior fitteings. One thing I find hard to understand is why people took dogs with them only to lock them inside a car in a car park? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544599 Tue Jan 02 2018 4:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
hafman

United Kingdom 

With an alleged 250,000++ cars written off annually in the UK I doubt an additional 1,400 will make much difference to premium rates.

Having to re-build a car park won't help though...

https://www.cartell.ie/2015/09/written-off...ear-in-uk/

Post #544600 Tue Jan 02 2018 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1