RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Restricted performance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

brough74

United Kingdom 
Restricted performance

Last Saturday I had a red warning triangle and restricted performance come on, the car went into limp mode.

I called LR assist out who found a fault code relating to the maf and boost sensor pressures not matching. They cleaned the MAF sensor.

Today it came on again, so another phonecall and the AA came out.

Same fault code today, so off to the garage its gone for further diagnostic as its only intermittent.

Anybody had a similar issue on the 296 bhp sdv6 ? RRS in chilli red 2014 HSE with a few options, also general grabber AT3 tyres as it does go off road and gets dirty

Post #542393 Fri Dec 01 2017 10:29pm
simonsti

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Just come up on mine aswell...not sure yet what it is. 2014 Nara Bronze SDV6
GONE TDV6 HSE RRS in Giverny green,Ebony interior, Side steps,Tints, PTI, Tow pack, mud flaps, Side strips and Dynamics pack.

Post #542828 Wed Dec 06 2017 10:24pm
brough74

United Kingdom 

Well i hope your garage has more luck than mine, its been in from last Friday till today and the cant find anything wrong with it or get the fault to come up again.

Ive just been told to monitor it and take a pic of the warning etc if it comes up. RRS in chilli red 2014 HSE with a few options, also general grabber AT3 tyres as it does go off road and gets dirty

Post #542874 Thu Dec 07 2017 6:34pm
wilf

Must surely be an air leak on the intake side somewhere?

had something similar on a JG XF years ago - was a misplaced O ring seal on the in take. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #542882 Thu Dec 07 2017 8:59pm
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I got the same warning two days ago, but with a yellow triangle and it didn’t go into limp-home mode. AA identified the following fault code/s:System : Engine control - 7M9 / Diesel EDC 17CP11.2 Status :P242A - Exhaust gas temperature sensor (bank 1, sensor 3). Error Message : Malfunction. Error sporadic.suspect temp sensor at fault.

I will be booking it in to the dealer straight after Christmas. 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #543970 Sun Dec 24 2017 6:54am
DaveT33

United Kingdom 

I have just had this happen to me today. When I started the car the engine sounded like it was “hunting” although the revs didn’t change. The wife commented that it didn’t sound right. I put it down to the fact it was cold.
15 minutes of leisurely driving at 40-50mph and all seemed fine. Tried to accelerate up the slip road onto the motorway and I get the restricted performance red triangle.
I decided I didn’t want to wait for Land Rover assist on Christmas Day so limped to our destination.
When we came back to the car it still had the yellow engine management light on but seemed to be running better. Power was back to normal until I again tried to accelerate reasonably hard and it gave me the same red triangle and restricted performance.
Car is MY17 3.0D with 22k miles.
Will be call LRA tomorrow.

Post #544046 Mon Dec 25 2017 7:35pm
IRBails

Australia 

Buy a Elm Blue tooth OBDP sender and then download a reader app. You will get the engine codes for the issue. These will be basic codes but you should be able to clear faults and see roughly were the issue lies. I have used this setup hem I had my faults some time ago kept me on the road until the parts arrived to fix the issue. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #544104 Wed Dec 27 2017 3:56am
DaveT33

United Kingdom 

In case it helps anyone - mine turned out to be a blocked fuel filter.
LR Assist were great- took about 30 min to arrive. Diagnosed the problem and fitted a new one in about 15 minutes.
Apparently it is common at around 20-25k miles on new models.

Post #544153 Wed Dec 27 2017 3:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I wonder if any of these cars hasn’t been run for while and still have “summer” diesel in their tanks that has waxed up with recent low temperatures. “Winter” diesel is usually on sale from October to April and has anti-waxing additives in it 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #544168 Wed Dec 27 2017 6:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Old Stager

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Mine had fresh diesel in, but I have been doing a lot of short journeys over the last month or so - maybe that is a factor. Anyway, it’s booked in to have the sensor replaced under the extended warranty, so hopefully that’ll fix it. 14.5MY SDV6 HSE Dynamic Indus silver/lunar/ebony 20" wheels, InControl, full-size spare, electric tow bar, adaptive xenons, adaptive cruise control, auto main beam assist. Gone: TDV8 HSE; Zermatt silver/ebony, 19" off road alloys, active diff, particle filter, tow pack (it was fun) BMW 730D SE (great car, sadly missed). Ford Focus RS mk2, Ultimate green, lux pack 2, bluetooth. The start of my mid-life crisis.
IN THE GARAGE: BMW i8 - the mid-life crisis continues and it's great fun.

Post #544169 Wed Dec 27 2017 7:03pm
IRBails

Australia 

Good reason to carry spare diesel fuel filter. Filters are changed at 50,000 k's according to my last service. Again a simple elm OBD adapter will tell you this and you can change in 10 minutes and be on your way. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #544190 Wed Dec 27 2017 10:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1