RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Terrain Responce Operation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Welshian

Wales 
Terrain Responce Operation

Just a question on the "Special Programs" of my L494. Can someone explain to me what each of the special programs actually do to the cars performance and operation when selected. Confused RRS2 HSE Chile Red
1955 Morris Minor lovingly fitted every nut and bolt

Post #543527 Sat Dec 16 2017 9:10pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Book a day at a land rover experience and they will show you exactly what it does and have a read here Thumbs Up

https://www.landrover.co.uk/explore-land-r...ponse.html

Post #543529 Sat Dec 16 2017 9:15pm
Welshian

Wales 

Thanks Geoff for the info. RRS2 HSE Chile Red
1955 Morris Minor lovingly fitted every nut and bolt

Post #543531 Sat Dec 16 2017 9:36pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Each programme is basically a remap of the throttle response, suspension, traction control, steering and braking and whether HDC and DSC are automatically on or off and whether or not the low range gears are required, to suit preset conditions. Really skilled off road drivers tend not to like the pre programmed settings and just use the low ranges and HDC/DSC however they also might not be getting the best out of the car’s systems................ I have a 1996 Defender that only has low ranges, no traction control or ABS, it is great fun to be in total control but I also know that should I try to take the my Sport into the same situations it will probably handle thing better on less offroad biased tyres than my 90 is shod with because the Sport’s systems are way way better at controlling the amount of power you can have than my right foot in the Defender. I prefer to bash up the Defender though as it is hugely less expensive to repair! BTW people think that the Sport Mode and Paddle shifters are just for fast ion road driving, actually they are much much more useful offroad than on as you can then drive the car as an automated manual shift and hold gears when the auto box might want to shift up/ down. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sat Dec 16 2017 10:02pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #543532 Sat Dec 16 2017 9:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Plus admit it Tim you just love that invincible go anywhere feel of the defender any rock any hill your going to get there without worrying about damage, I know I do when out in mine Thumbs Up 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #543534 Sat Dec 16 2017 9:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes the Sport does feel a little fragile compared to the Defender, maybe it’s all the leather, climate control and quietness in the Sport that tends to isolate you from what is going on outside 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #543536 Sat Dec 16 2017 10:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1