RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > suspension problems but no mechanic close by
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rangeymexico

United Kingdom 
suspension problems but no mechanic close by

Hello guys im a little stuck im an Englishman living in Mexico and own a 2011 5.0 supercharged.

I know suspension problems are normal but my problem is I don't have a mechanic near me with diagnostics equipment. yesterday I was driving and the car said it was going into extended mode and the front dropped down but the back didn't then it said suspension fault, turned car on and off cause sometimes it has done this kind of thing before but it didn't solve it. The compressor whired and vibrated 3 or 4 times as if it was trying to lift the front but it couldn't. at one point it said car will lift when compressor cools. Do you think its just the pump? or something else?

I had a leaky strut before and it pulled to the left so I don't think its that. I could be wrong

I actually have another compressor and I could fit it myself (I think) just don't want to do it if its not going to solve it.

also I did a hard reset but it didn't solve it obviously.

Do you think it could also be the suspension module?

Thank you for your help in advance. any help will get rewarded with beer if you come to the Riviera Maya on holiday

Post #542730 Tue Dec 05 2017 8:28pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Most likely the compressor is failing, unlikely to be the suspension ECU. Be worth checking for leaks using soapy water as a leak could cause the compressor to run constantly. Having said that, a leak would normally cause a corner to drop overnight. A leaky reservoir wouldn't cause a drop, however. Worth checking the reservoir valve block - it's in with the compressor in the plastic box under the the body. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #542734 Tue Dec 05 2017 8:46pm
rangeymexico

United Kingdom 

ok thanks for the reply. ill check the valves in the morning. and let you know how I got on. is it worth checking the strut as well. do I just spray soapy water on it to?

Post #542739 Tue Dec 05 2017 11:23pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You'll only be able to check the connection of the air line to the strut. The air bag is enclosed in a metal tube and can't really be checked Insitu. The air bags themselves are pretty robust and unlikely to be leaking. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #542743 Tue Dec 05 2017 11:38pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

It may be worth checking the compressor end cap where the air connections are. It's a plastic cap which can crack between the connectors and causes the compressor to run and overheat. The old soapy water spray will show a leak. It may not be much help to you out there, but there are alloy replacement caps on the 'bay for not a lot of money. remove the compressor cover and it's held on by about 5 screws.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/222475073857?chn=...amp;crdt=0

Post #542758 Wed Dec 06 2017 11:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1