RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Garages selling RR sports with "full service history&qu
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Godders

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Garages selling RR sports with "full service history&qu

I will be buying a RR sport at the beginning of February although I have been browsing car sites for a few months to get an idea of how much I get for my money and the kind of spec I want. I am searching for about 2010/11 car with less than 70,000 miles, HSE, and I have budget of around £19,000. My main point of this topic is the amount of garages/dealers that advertise their car as having full service history. Now my search is beginning in ernest with about two months to date of purchase,when you look closer at the details they have 4 or 5 stamps for a car that is 7 years old. Can anything be done about this as it wastes so much time and I don't want to waste any more time contacting each dealer that does this and point this out to them.

Do they just claim ignorance because they sell many different brands of car with many different service patterns ? are they just stupid ? or are the just liars?......or a mixture of the above.

Surely there is something in place or would we just be p*@%ing into the wind trying to do something ?

Rant over and I am actually hoping that come the time of purchase I can buy from a forum member and all this will be null and void, but I do have to have a plan B in case the forum plan doesn't come off. Big Cry Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #542138 Wed Nov 29 2017 6:44pm
beerbelly

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey

sorry but I think you will find the average car salesman will go as low as a snakes belly to sell a car .they will tell you whatever you want to hear .some are not this bad but I deal with them at work and there professional best friends until youv paid your money then adios amigo. do your home work and question most of what the salesman tells you

Post #542148 Wed Nov 29 2017 7:42pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

One problem with LR servicing (and other brands no doubt) is the "time or distance" service requirement. Most people are used to the idea that you service a car at a given mileage interval. Most RRSs will be relatively low mileage vehicles - many will do less than 10k miles pa. This means that they don't get serviced until they've done 15k miles which might be every 18 months or more. The result is an under-stamped service record.

Knowing how caring LR and their warranty provider are, expect this lack of service stamps to have a potential impact on any warranty claim under the heading "not serviced to the correct schedule" in future. Rolling Eyes 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #542152 Wed Nov 29 2017 8:28pm
Godders

I have now learnt that car salesmen are as slippery as a greased pig to get a straight answer from and as you say beerbelly it is all about doing the homework and checking facts. Totally valid from RRSTDV8 about getting extended warranty etc as I live in France and want to get as much cover as possible, as I live in rural France and my nearest LR dealer is 40 minutes away...and they're French lol.
My best hope is that when it comes to buying, there will be somebody in the forum who will be selling or tempted to sell the right age, spec and budget of car I'm after. Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #542170 Wed Nov 29 2017 10:08pm
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

2012 RRS2, currently on 68k miles. Will be selling in February for about £21k.

Not sure if this is of interest. If you click into my profile there should be some pics. 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #542291 Thu Nov 30 2017 10:04pm
Godders

Hi Rally, thanks for the post and that is a nice car. It has the spec and colours that tick the boxes and whilst it is slightly above budget, under normal circumstances I would be willing to push the budget as it is a lot of car and in the right condition for the money......however, here is my problem. Because I live in France I will be registering the vehicle here and the French have a tax system when you put a car in your name based upon power, emissions and age. For cars unto eight years old they have a calculated payment that is maximum for a new car and this reduces for every year the car is until the eight year point is reached. Based upon the emissions and power of the RRS and that your car will be classed as 6 years old in Feb, it would mean an extra payment of 2,000 euros. This is why ideally I am looking for cars that are 2010.
So unfortunately with the combination of the higher price for the car that I am budgeting for and the newer car meaning more tax, it does go beyond my price I can reach. It is cruel as your car is so nice but SWMBO stands behind with the purse strings and it is a step too far for my budget I wish you well and hope it sells quickly as it a cracking car for the money. Thumbs Up Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #542360 Fri Dec 01 2017 5:39pm
RallyXS

United Kingdom 

Thanks. It's very nice and clean. All wheels were refurbed recently so are like new, then it had all new badges as they had faded.

We've actually had a change of direction and it's for sale now, so will be putting it up in the classifieds soon.

Crazy French eh!! 2012 RRS SDV6
2014 BMW 320d X-Drive Touring
1999 VW Polo stage rally car

Post #542372 Fri Dec 01 2017 7:30pm
Godders

The french are crazy but sometimes in a good way....once the car is in your name and you've paid your dues there is no road tax to pay here and MOT's are every two years, and with Motorbikes you don't have to have any MOT ever !! Also diesel is cheaper here than petrol Rolling with laughter Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Post #542377 Fri Dec 01 2017 7:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1