RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New owner of MY17 SVR with a few questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

MrM

New owner of MY17 SVR with a few questions

Hi all,

Pleasure to join an active RRS forum which has already provided me with some great info. I picked up a MY17 Scotia Grey SVR from Hunters in Southampton and was a pleasure to deal with them. Great drive back home despite M25 traffic being at a standstill, such a lovely car to be in for longer periods.

I have a couple of questions if I may in no particular order:

Rubber foot mats - any recommendations or are the LR ones good, albeit expensive? I read the driver side is short(er) which some had issue with. If anyone has longer ones they can recommend that would be great.

Boot mat - similarly looking for a boot mat. No dog, just to protect from general muck. Have looked at Boot Buddy which looks a great product but no immediate availability. Carbox products also look very good. Again, recommendations welcome, looking for some side coverage of possible.

Space saver wheel - can you get one for the SVR? Is it the same as the standard RRS wheel? Anything I need to know here?

Dashcam and phone holder - I have dashcams in my other cars, would like one in the SVR but need a convenient power point to power it from. Either wire run from fuse box or from a convenient and discreet USB point. Any pointers? And in additional I like to use Waze and CamerAlert apps meaning phone on the dash. Any convenient power points under the dash and can anyone recommend a reasonable looking way of mourning/ cradling a phone?

Keyless entry - I like it, but worry about security. Admittedly I've not read the manual yet, but if I see the mirrors folded and lights flash as it locks, can I assume it's locked. Is there any deadlock facility? Does anyone use an RFID key pouch to stop signals?

Rear seat covers and covers for rear of front seat - Alas I need a car seat in the SVR and have a reasonable seat cover to go under the baby seat (is it just me or is the isofix system extremely tight?). Does anyone have a cover they would recommend, and also a kick board to go on the back of the front seat that can hold an iPad or similar?

I dare say I will have more questions in due course, but appreciate any direction on the above with thanks.

MrM

Post #542309 Fri Dec 01 2017 8:47am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Welcome.

I can only talk for the key. I keep the key in my trouser or jacket pocket all the time. No pouch or anything. Just lock the car with two touches on the handle, NOT use the fob. The mirrors fold when locked. The car will beep when double locked.

Enjoy. 

Post #542314 Fri Dec 01 2017 9:39am
kmpowell

Welcome! Glad you're enjoying the car. Smile

Keyless entry - I use one of these which is big enough to hold both keys... http://amzn.to/2ssRNrC My keys live in it when I'm not driving. It totally blocks the key's signal, and with the keys in the pouch even when I'm stood directly next to my RRS it can't be opened. Oh and I use a Disklok also.

Seat covers/Isofix - yes they are really tight, but I wouldn't worry about putting anything under the seat. Surprisingly the leather is very hard wearing. I have a Maxi-Cosi Family Fix base one side housing a MC Pearl seat for my 18mth old, and a Cybex Q3 Solution 1-2-3 seat on the other side for my 4yr old. Both are direct on the leather and over the past 12 months there's been no issue with the leather being damaged/marked etc I personally wont use any holder that houses an iPad, after seeing what happened to a friend of mine when his car was T-boned. The iPad got dislodged (on eof teh plastic mounting clips snapped in the impact force, and the iPad flew across the car into the opposite passenger window smashing straight through. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #542315 Fri Dec 01 2017 9:48am
MrM

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a big old car compared to what I'm used to. I appreciate the advice and good to hear about the leather. I have black/cirrus so I also have concerns about general child muck on the light colour. Thanks for the heads up about the Ipad, I hadn't even thought of that!

Excuse my ignorance but what does the double lock do above the single lock? And thanks for the link with the pouch, I think I'll invest in one for home. What do you do when you're out and about? I envisioned a small pouch I could place my key in one I've locked the car (to try the handle and make sure it's locked).

Again, greatly appreciate the replies.

Post #542318 Fri Dec 01 2017 10:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Remember that the RFID keys can still be detected inside your house and a signal booster used to relay the signal to the car on your drive or inside your garage by thieves so you also need to keep your keys secure inside your house. I have found that a cheap tin can with a lid on it blocks the fob’s transmissions completely even right next to the car! So if you get an old biscuit tin or smaller tin box with a tin lid use that inside the house for all your car keys - a home safe is even better! I use a Stop-loc when leaving the car for any length of time. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Dec 01 2017 10:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #542320 Fri Dec 01 2017 10:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kmpowell

Double lock activates deadlock and interior sensors. I made the same mistake when I got mine, I thought pressing the button one (door or keyfob) totally locked the car, but it doesn't. Double press (the second press is confirmed with a beep from the car) activates the interior sensor and deadlocks.

Key when I'm out and about is kept in my pocket. 'Relay' theft is very rare away from houses due the nature of how it works, so with the car having a disklok on it each time it's left in public, I'm happy with that. If relay theft suddenly becomes an issue away from the home, I'll buy a small pouch. Smile SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #542321 Fri Dec 01 2017 10:17am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Boot matt , i have ordered one of these from Dan on here or his eBay link below.
I bought the genuine rubber floor matts also from Dan.
Havent seen any of the above yet as i,m out of the uk so cant comment if they are any good but at least they are LR ones.
Congratulations on the SVR , a rare colour also. Thumbs Up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Land-Rov...1438.l2649 SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #542322 Fri Dec 01 2017 10:48am
sally

United Kingdom 

congrats on the SVR, you will love it!!

Highly recommend the dealer boot mat, I add this to allmy LR's. (I have horses so saves hoovering the carpet)

Not sure about rubber mats although i did have the carpet mats and sometimes i would use an additional to stop the drivers side getting filthy ( again, horses) The dealer ones fit nice and never move. Do the rubber mats attach in the same way with the 2 little clips?

If you want to cover the back of the frontt seats you may need proper fitting seat covers, not loose fit. I have the dealer ones on my Evoque. They were expensive but the fit was spot on and they cover the back fully.

However, I dont think you will get seat covers for the SVR seats as they and not standard LR seats. Likely need someone to make them or buy large loose fit and hope they cover enough. Im sure there was a guy maying some clear protection covers either on here of the Evoque forum. ( ill need to check) they could be an option. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #542325 Fri Dec 01 2017 11:41am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #542332 Fri Dec 01 2017 1:21pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

SVR575 wrote:
Boot matt , i have ordered one of these from Dan on here or his eBay link below.
I bought the genuine rubber floor matts also from Dan.
Havent seen any of the above yet as i,m out of the uk so cant comment if they are any good but at least they are LR ones.
Congratulations on the SVR , a rare colour also. Thumbs Up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Land-Rov...1438.l2649

I wish I’d seen this earlier,,I have the same boot protector for sale,,I bought it off someone on here & never got round to fitting it Big Cry

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #542339 Fri Dec 01 2017 2:22pm
MrM

That boot mat could be just what I'm after. Does this fit the boot of the SVR well?

Can anyone help with:

Space saver wheel? Can you get one?
Suitable/sensible place for iPhone mount?
Double lock on touch, I can lock it by touching once, and sometimes on a second touch I get a beep and a flash of indicators, other times it's just a flash without a beep. Where am I going wrong here?

Many thanks!

Post #542351 Fri Dec 01 2017 4:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The second touch/ flash/ beep means that you have set the deadlocks/ double locking - most important to do the 2nd touch within 30 secs of the first. If you use the fob it is the same. Just a single touch means that you have only locked the car without double locking it and engaging the deadlocks - always do the 2 touch method. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #542355 Fri Dec 01 2017 5:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Boot matt will fit SVR and as you see Andy has one to sell.
Space saver spare is available for SVR.
Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #542361 Fri Dec 01 2017 6:02pm
philmw

SVR575 wrote:

I think I recognise that location. Bramley Motors? 

Post #542363 Fri Dec 01 2017 6:19pm
philmw

Tim in Scotland wrote:
... If you use the fob it is the same....

And don't use the fob. 

Post #542364 Fri Dec 01 2017 6:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>