RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > play music through phone on bluetooth
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rjbrocklesby

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
play music through phone on bluetooth

I have my phone connected via bluetooth.
Question is can I play music from my phone through the entertainment system whilst its connected?
If so how?
My system is the gen 2.1.

Also does anyone know what the box is for under the drivers seat? Is it the hard drive for the entertainment system?

Cheers

Ronnie 2012 SDV6 HSE LUXURY in Orkney grey.

Post #541707 Thu Nov 23 2017 10:24pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Yes you can use the music stored on your phone to playback through the car's system, well I know it works with iPhone and it also transfers your phone book etc onto car HD on MY12 so you know who's calling and can select who to phone out to from main screen.
Match your phone to system first. It will also then work using phone controls on steering wheel hands free with system speakers and inbuilt microphone in car.
It is all fully explained in the owners handbook or you can download it from LR site if you don't have one.

Several boxes underneath the drivers seat, if you have the Harmon Kardon 7 surround system in your vehicle it will be the amplifier for that system. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #541716 Thu Nov 23 2017 10:53pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: play music through phone on bluetooth

rjbrocklesby wrote:

Also does anyone know what the box is for under the drivers seat? Is it the hard drive for the entertainment system?

Cheers

Ronnie

Depending on your Vin. No. could be either the Amp or TV tuner, I think you will find the entertainment/navigation hard drive is a integral part of the C/D player unit in the dash.

Cheers
Col

Post #541732 Fri Nov 24 2017 6:22am
Father Jack

Scotland 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mine is a 2012 MY HSE. Once your phone is hooked up via bluetooth you can also stream audio via your phone. I use Tidal, largely because it streams cd quality as opposed to low resolution mp3 (the analogy is quality better like FM as opposed to AM). Every song I have ever wanted for £20 a month. You could use apple music, qobuz, deezer, spotify etc, same principle, or music on your phone's own storage or mounted SD card.
You can also connect via the headphone out socket and aux in on the RRS though you won't get track info on the RRS display this way.

Post #543857 Fri Dec 22 2017 9:44am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1