RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > The RRS is the most unreliable car on sale today!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Now it all makes sense -

Quote:
Land Rover design boss Gerry McGovern says the whole company has bought into his vision for “delivering without dilution” the innovative designs his team has come up with. McGovern said at Land Rover the car is engineered without compromise to fit the design, whereas at other companies the car is designed around the engineering brief.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/confide...n-plan-and

Perhaps engineering to fit the design is the problem - I'd rather have it designed around the Engineering so it works as well as it looks Whistle Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #541021 Thu Nov 16 2017 12:59pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

scary stuff Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #541022 Thu Nov 16 2017 1:05pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Bill Portland wrote:
When I approached LR a few months ago about the potential for crankshaft failure on my car, this was the response I got "Should you experience any vehicle concerns once outside of the manufactures warranty which you believe to be a manufacturing defect, rest assured Land Rover would complete a full investigation into your concerns and assist financially should it be deemed necessary."

I took this as a reassurance but I've not tested it, yet.........

Back in 2000 I got free replacement tyres on an approved used Freelander because the tracking was out when it was sold and in 2010 LR paid half of the £180 cost to replace the master clutch cylinder on another Freelander that was 3 months out of warranty - this was the kind of service that convinced me to buy 9 JLR vehicles in 15 years but they have lost sight of this now and basically tell you they don't need to try because their is a queue behind you for sales - good luck to them while it lasts but I'm out Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #541023 Thu Nov 16 2017 1:06pm
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Right I've just had it confirmed on the phone to Land Rover Warranty Admin that the Approved Used Warranty WILL NOT COVER YOU IN THE EVENT OF A CRANKSHAFT FAILURE !

They will use this clause under their terms & conditions -

11. Design Faults and Recalls Any damage to parts, which are being recalled by
the vehicle’s manufacturer or which have inherent design faults are not
covered by this Warranty

They will quite rightly reject the claim and then refer you to Land Rover for goodwill !!

So in a word the Approved Used Warranty is worthless in the event of a crank failure - a terrifying thought...

Time to get the press involved, does anyone have a contact who would report on this ?

Post #541026 Thu Nov 16 2017 1:46pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

There's going to be some bum twitching for people who thought they were secure with the approved warranty, scary times. Nanocom Evo

Post #541027 Thu Nov 16 2017 1:51pm

United Kingdom 

Mine has only done 11500 miles, it will be three years old next October - it will be gone by then and NOT replaced with another LR. I was thinking of extending the warrantee but it seems the LR version is as worthless as others.

I have friends who have taken out insurance backed warrantees on other brands, not I should add on cars bought from main dealers, and they have proved to be totally worthless.

Is there any comparison with other manufactures extended warrantees? - are they also screwing the customer. 2018 MY19 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, Ebony/Ivory, Sliding pano, Adaptive cruise, Black wheels. Arrived 3rd September 2018
2015 MY16 HSE Dynamic, Santorini, ebony/cirrus, sliding pano, cameras, black wheels - Arrived 1 October 2015

Post #541028 Thu Nov 16 2017 2:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive mentioned all these comments to the new owner & ive also asked him to join this forum,,i do feel sorry for the guy whos bought it but he keeps on about a guy in London that will fit a new/recon motor for about 4-5k so ill just let him get on with it,,ive done all I canto help.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #541029 Thu Nov 16 2017 2:03pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

1JBS wrote:
Right I've just had it confirmed on the phone to Land Rover Warranty Admin that the Approved Used Warranty WILL NOT COVER YOU IN THE EVENT OF A CRANKSHAFT FAILURE !

They will use this clause under their terms & conditions -

11. Design Faults and Recalls Any damage to parts, which are being recalled by
the vehicle’s manufacturer or which have inherent design faults are not
covered by this Warranty

They will quite rightly reject the claim and then refer you to Land Rover for goodwill !!

So in a word the Approved Used Warranty is worthless in the event of a crank failure - a terrifying thought...

Time to get the press involved, does anyone have a contact who would report on this ?

If it is a design fault then the manufacturer is the place to go for a remedy surely? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #541030 Thu Nov 16 2017 2:08pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

There hasn’t been a recall for “fault”
Technical notice does not include SDV6 models, so it should therefore be covered for those at least, as no knowledge of fault on these known, according to JLR. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #541042 Thu Nov 16 2017 4:11pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

0310 wrote:
Mine has only done 11500 miles, it will be three years old next October - it will be gone by then and NOT replaced with another LR. I was thinking of extending the warrantee but it seems the LR version is as worthless as others.

I have friends who have taken out insurance backed warrantees on other brands, not I should add on cars bought from main dealers, and they have proved to be totally worthless.

Is there any comparison with other manufactures extended warrantees? - are they also screwing the customer.

Yes BMW refused to acknowledge manufacturing defects were the cause of alloy wheels cracking and falling apart as you drove along until the subject was splattered all over the motoring mags and national press..

My RRS will be 3 in April 2018 and have about 22,000 miles on it, yesterday I asked the local dealer for details of the Extended warranty scheme, but if What is written above about crank failures and the warranty it isn’t worth spending >£1300 on a valueless piece of paper - Mini Countryman here I come....... if nothing else they hold their value somewhat better than RRS’s! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #541054 Thu Nov 16 2017 6:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Tyrefitter wrote:
Just been speaking to the guy on the fone who bought my14 RRS2 AB that had 12 months warranty left & the crankshaft has snapped & LR are saying because its a common fault they are not covering cost (£18000+VAT),,,anyone considering a 3.0 sdv6 be carefull this doesn't happen to you.

Andy

Tyrefitter, I'm now so incensed that your buyer is not covered by the Approved Used Warranty that I have contacted the following Editors with the story, hopefully it will get picked up and be presented to Land Rover -

Autocar
What Car
Car Magazine
Auto Express
Top Gear Magazine
Honest John - Sunday Telegraph
Daily Mail Motoring
Sunday Mail Motoring
Driving - Sunday Times

Can you get hold of your buyer and stop him going ahead with a poor quality engine replacement, this campaign may get him the main dealer repair he so justly deserves ?

Post #541071 Thu Nov 16 2017 7:38pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Absolutely incredible ! So pleased i have never taken the extended warranty,s Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #541073 Thu Nov 16 2017 7:42pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I have messaged him today asking him to come on here & view the comments that people are putting on but Ive had no message back,,Ive done all I can for him.i know I wouldn’t be taking car to someone who is going to fit another engine for 4-5k,,if I still had the car myself I would be chasing it up with LR,I would have a solicitor on the case.

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #541075 Thu Nov 16 2017 7:45pm
IRBails

Australia 

I would be chasing LR direct . The insurance company is not paying the claim as they say it is a fault, so this is a matter that should be sorted fairly easily, it is a fault LR pays, it isn't insurance company. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #541098 Thu Nov 16 2017 10:14pm
wilf

Apologies if I missed this, but what exact engines do we think are prone to this and which are not?

Did someone say the SDV6 was OK - is that the 306BHP version? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #541100 Thu Nov 16 2017 10:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>