RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Considering new AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

m13lky

United Kingdom 

Km yes it was Farnells that came back to me with a slightly better offer than I managed to get my supplying dealer up to, but their car had a few other bits I wasn't bothered about but had the body colour roof, we wanted black, black veneer trim, we wanted the standard metal trim & also it never had the full size spare which is a no brainier for me. Our car we are getting has all of these as we wanted. When I called the Farnells guy back to let him know I was going elsewhere he said he would better the deal again or try to get me another car to my exact spec, but he did say this would probably not be easy/possible. I explained I had the other exact one slightly more expensive elsewhere but would rather pay the little extra to get exactly what I want just now, he was fine with that & I will definitely return to him for the next one. I have taken stock cars in the past which weren't ideal spec/colour & ended up not being happy with it so I'd rather wait or pay extra to get exactly what I want when paying these prices.

Post #539503 Sat Oct 28 2017 9:31am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Car is to be delivered to the dealership tomorrow, side steps etc fitted Thursday & Friday then we pick it up on Saturday morning. Can't wait hopefully a good one as it must be one of the last my17 cars built. Fingers crossed!

Post #539882 Wed Nov 01 2017 1:43pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations m13 Enjoy.
KM what do you have in mind when you change then? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #539889 Wed Nov 01 2017 2:48pm
kmpowell

m13lky wrote:
Car is to be delivered to the dealership tomorrow, side steps etc fitted Thursday & Friday then we pick it up on Saturday morning. Can't wait hopefully a good one as it must be one of the last my17 cars built. Fingers crossed!

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the pics Thumbs Up

TDV8HST wrote:
KM what do you have in mind when you change then?

In an ideal world I want to get something Electric/PHEV and merge our two current cars (RRS for family duties, and Golf 7 for nursery/shopping runs) into one, so I've ordered a Tesla X as Plan A. I have however been advised by my dealer there's a 6mth lead time on builds/deliveries, and in the new year there will be significant spec change on them, so I have been given the option to cancel/upgrade as appropriate because the difference will be big compared to what I've ordered.

If that falls through, I will go to Plan B and certainly replace one or both cars mid next year with 1x hybrid (prob a Passatt or Golf GTE) and the other might be a fun car (either a sports or Audi RS of some sort).

Plan C is binning both cars and moving back to a family Audi RS again. I sold my B8 RS4 for the RRS, and I could potentially go back to a new B9 RS4 when they are released next year, but my other half doesn't like powerful cars so that's an 'if all else fails' option. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #539968 Thu Nov 02 2017 12:02pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have a Mini Countryman PHEV on extended test drive this week and am very impressed with it. The car I have has just about every option box ticked except the pano roof so the price is a wallet numbing £45,000 - yes it has £14,000 of extras on top of the basic (before govt allowance of £2500) £31500 list price.......... 26 miles on a charge and it has a 1.5ltr turbo 3 cylinder petrol as well, goes very nicely too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #540005 Thu Nov 02 2017 3:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kmpowell

Thanks Tim, interesting you mention the Mini Countryman. I considered one before we got the Golf last year, but the boot and rear legroom weren't adequate enough for our needs (2 toddlers and all the paraphernalia they bring!). The Golf swallows luggage and children, it's incredible what the boot will take, it beat the mini hands down if that's what you require.

The engine in the GTE is the same 1.4TSi unit we have in our current Golf and IMO it's brilliant. Revvy, returns 45+ on a run and it's so quiet (at traffic lights you can't hear it!). Mating it with the 101hp Electric engine gives a really good combo, especially when you have the sublime double clutch DSG box as standard.

I guess what I'm saying is if you're impressed with the Mini, I'd strongly recommend you trying the Golf, it might surprise you even more. Also GTE residuals are rock solid. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #540007 Thu Nov 02 2017 3:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I shall add it to my list of cars to try, problem here is the VW dealership is part of the awful Arnold Clark empire...... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #540016 Thu Nov 02 2017 5:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Picked up our new AB dynamic on Saturday from taggarts Glasgow south, great bunch of people & the kids soft play area kept them amused until we got the handover sorted out. Very impressed with the new car, drives similar to our last one as I expected but the active cruise, New ict, more luxurious interior all add to the driving experience making it even better.

Really pleased with it, here are a few pics

Post #540320 Tue Nov 07 2017 11:22am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Lovely congratulations. Very similar to Km,s. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #540322 Tue Nov 07 2017 11:38am
forest172

United Kingdom 

lovely, looks great with the stealth and firenze

is it worth the extra £$£ over dynamic spec for interior trim Malc?

Post #540330 Tue Nov 07 2017 2:26pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Chris really pleased with it, after all the discount/number crunching it cost me £79.5 with the extras, deployables, mud flaps, service pack, guard x etc, list on my/our Hse dynamics was around £79k pre discount, with them gfv being over £10k more on the AB this is costing me around £200 a month less than the last one.

The drive is a lot better & more luxurious that the Hse dynamic, it was good but everything seems better quality in the AB.

Post #540331 Tue Nov 07 2017 2:51pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

The (Electric)Tesla X got awful results and feedback on the What Car reliability of less than 50% came bottom of vehicles using electric, and in bottom 5 over all. Quite a surprise until you look at the Forum and see number of problems and complaints, the Range was less than half stated! Yes I know the JLR was down with it. Rolling Eyes Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #540366 Wed Nov 08 2017 1:25pm
kmpowell

Congrats, looks great. Welcome the 'Fire Engine' club. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #540371 Wed Nov 08 2017 3:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123