RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > The RRS is the most unreliable car on sale today!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>

Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Hi Andy, Not related to thread, sorry, but I've been having a short convalescence break in N Yorkshire, and took the opportunity to go down to Hatfields in Pickering when a brother visited me. I was very shocked to find out that they are using a brand new Velar as loan car, with only 320 miles on the clock. Whistle They must be selling really well if they are doing that. Also had the 3.0 Litre top of range Velar model in showroom, but at £90,000 evidently not attracting any customers. If this is repeated countrywide then LR have a lemon on their hands, and what with £5k towards deposit etc. on a new model. Two staff said the biggest problem is that it doesn't fit in the range at all, Sport can be purchased same/cheaper and it's larger, better finished and I won't repeat all other negatives we've all heard already.

They have a nice 2017 5.0 V8 SVR for sale only 2500 miles, only a little more price than the 3.0 Velar. Ebony and Red interior, Santorini Black colour, as well as a wide range of other LR models. Whistle

Right, returning to thread theme...... Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #539948 Wed Nov 01 2017 11:41pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Yes Johnski,The salesman said they had a black svr in when I bought my SC,,as for the velar’s,they had 2 in showroom a month ago so it’s probably one of those they are using as the loaner.I didn’t take much notice on spec on them as I don’t like them at all.
Here a link to the svr,nice looking car but if I was going for one it would have to be in blue.
http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2809243

Andy. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #539951 Thu Nov 02 2017 4:26am
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
The RRS is the most unreliable car on sale today

My theory is that this is retribution for ruling India during the 19th/20th centuries. Lets buy one of Britains icon brands and destroy it and show them who is boss now. What other explanation would there be for taking a brand of vehicles which was highly profitable and made cars which people wanted to buy and change it into a brand with vehicles so nondescript (they look like rebadged Hyundais - without the Hyundai reliability), unreliable and overpriced. The L320 was the end of the line.
The worst iteration is a RRS with a 2l engine, no air suspension and no leather to be seen anywhere - I dont get how this is a Range Rover Sport. It must have lost something in the translation from the native language of the owner.

Post #540411 Thu Nov 09 2017 11:24am
wilf

Interesting take, and I can't really relate it to facts. JLR are more profitable now than ever before, sell more vehicles, and export a huge percentage of them. Jaguar "profitable" before Tata came along, LOL! And LR were not much better. Virtually given away by Ford as defunct basket cases.

JLR are employing more people (esp engineers) than at any time in their history, and investing huge sums in R&D and facilities.

Yes, there are reliability issues and "bad cars", but those exist in every single marque you can buy. JLR is really no worse than any other brand out there, and for every vehicle you read about here with issues there are a hundred running around with contented owners. Even Porsche dropped the ball with the engines in the 911.

2 litre RRS? China market thing - same as in the Jag XJ. There they could care less about the engine, its the looks and size that count.

Nondescript design? Really? Here, borrow my spectacles, you need them more than I do. Smile

Sorry, but on just about every point you make, I disagree with you.

JLR may be Indian-owned, but they are British-staffed, and I am rather proud of what they do. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #540434 Thu Nov 09 2017 2:38pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
The RRS is the most unreliable car on sale today

To say JLR are no less reliable than any other brand is clearly not true. There are plenty of brands out there which have very good reliability. Most people I talk to now laugh about the LR/RR brand. They equate them to the old prince of darkness "lucas electrics" of yonder year.

If I had just forked out UKP150,000 for a base model SVR (thats what they cost here - read base no options) and had the amount of issues that forum members are reporting then I would be a tiny bit upset.

To say they are not that bad based upon "the others are worse" is just a cop out.

The 2l RRS is not just a China thing, they list them in lots of countries. Mind you I have not heard of one being sold here yet, I think it is a special order only as the Dealer would never be able to move it unless it was given away.

Post #540440 Thu Nov 09 2017 4:15pm
IRBails

Australia 

My biggest fear in the purchase of this vehicle was the reliability factor. I am a little luckier than most as I expect small issues as part of ownership of euro vehicles , but I do expect to be able to resolve these. One thing I did not expect was bad design and non functioning issues. As all know the In car NAV and entertainment system leaves a lot to be desired, also the things not included are a joke. My car has to date been no worse than my first V10 Touareg, actually pretty similar they both had turbos replaced. The pulsing front brakes is a pad issue, I have now done the replacement twice , and as it turns out a problem from way back , and well document on the web ,more so a problem where traffic is not stop start .

The good side is the vehicle is great to drive, the down side is that Range Rover sells as Brand over Function , most buyers purchase for the brand not the function , just read most of the posts on this board. If function was the big issue we would see many factors attended to as this would affect sales, but since most buy because they want to be seen in the brand, function is not as big a deal as it should be. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540472 Thu Nov 09 2017 8:12pm
mudmover

United Kingdom 
Reliability

I think you have to keep it real....

I know at least a dozen owners of Yr14 onwards Rangee's and apart from moans about running expenses ( brakes ect), all have been superb in terms of reliability...Several of these owners are upwards of 60K miles.

We owned an X5 before and that was a disaster in comparasin to our 2017 HSE SDV6.

Bottom line is that people will only voice complaints when something is wrong....you never hear from happy customers!

You know you can walk into a BMW showroom and get 25% offa RRP without trying...LR wont give you the steam of their tea - now that tell the story of supply Vs demand!

Post #540755 Mon Nov 13 2017 12:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I was recently at my local Mini forecourt which is part of a larger BMW outlet......... I had to comment to the salesman I was dealing with that I couldn’t believe how many “delivery mileage” pre-registered 3 and 5 series new BMWs cars - with stickers all over them stating that all had huge discounts and none had more than 5 miles on the clock, also you could have any colour of any of the 50 or so new cars on the forecourt, so long as it was white...... no choice of any other colour! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #540756 Mon Nov 13 2017 1:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mudmover

United Kingdom 
BMW

Your want depreciation then get a Bemmer!!

My mate ordered an M4 on the weekend...71K it was offered to him , he ordered it at 53K on the same meeting!

and that included a 5yr service pack....

BM cant give them away...yet the Range is in such massive demand.

I think we all need to keep real comparing to other so called luxury vehicles....

Anyone driven an X5 Smile

Post #540757 Mon Nov 13 2017 1:15pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

I think what a lot of people forget is just how many LRs are on the road, next time you go out just count how many go the other way compared to other brands so there are bound to be more cars with problems, there are more on the road. 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #540762 Mon Nov 13 2017 1:38pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Ha ,you should live in Essex its full of them . Do they not buy any other cars there? Rolling Eyes SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #540766 Mon Nov 13 2017 2:14pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue
Re: The RRS is the most unreliable car on sale today

Meiang wrote:
My theory is that this is retribution for ruling India during the 19th/20th centuries. Lets buy one of Britains icon brands and destroy it and show them who is boss now. What other explanation would there be for taking a brand of vehicles which was highly profitable and made cars which people wanted to buy and change it into a brand with vehicles so nondescript (they look like rebadged Hyundais - without the Hyundai reliability), unreliable and overpriced. The L320 was the end of the line.
The worst iteration is a RRS with a 2l engine, no air suspension and no leather to be seen anywhere - I dont get how this is a Range Rover Sport. It must have lost something in the translation from the native language of the owner.

I TOTALLY AGREE! RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #540776 Mon Nov 13 2017 4:07pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 
Mileage Poll

Would be interesting to get a Poll done on 494 owners. See if there are any high mileage cars. Good to know the engine variants as well. I have 20 months and 30,000 miles on a V8 Diesel. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #540785 Mon Nov 13 2017 8:20pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Just been speaking to the guy on the fone who bought my14 RRS2 AB that had 12 months warranty left & the crankshaft has snapped & LR are saying because its a common fault they are not covering cost (£18000+VAT),,,anyone considering a 3.0 sdv6 be carefull this doesn't happen to you.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #540942 Wed Nov 15 2017 3:02pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

I had a similar case with front lower arms on a 2008 Sport quite a few years back, they covered the backs then the car went in 4 weeks later for the front and they decided they didn't cover the fronts as they know they are common faults. I cant see how they can choose not to cover something as they have had common faults! If they designed and made the parts properly in the first place perhaps they wouldn't fail! I would be fighting to get that crank done under warranty Thumbs Up 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #540943 Wed Nov 15 2017 3:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 10 <12345678910>