RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > MP3 Music
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Biggles

England 
MP3 Music

Has any body burned any MP3 files to CD yet. I put 78 pink floyd tracks onto one cd last night and drove to work in sheer bliss this morning.
Only down side is that, it would be nice for the display to show track names and info instead of just track numbers. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #5379 Thu Nov 17 2005 6:00pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I've done about 8 discs worth so far, I can live without the names of artist and tracks etc, you'd be amazed how quickly you memorise where on a disc the album is out of 10-12 folders.

I am very chuffed with it, as it means I have not had to bother with the MP3 player plugged in yet. By the time you've made a dozen discs could you want any more music? I am averaging about 130 tracks per disc, times that by 6 and you have A LOT of music. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #5384 Thu Nov 17 2005 6:18pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just wish I could get a cd into the dammed player! I followed the instructions to the letter and still it didn't want to swallow any discs. Another job for the 1st service! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #5389 Thu Nov 17 2005 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rgbyhkr

I use a burned MP3 DVD in my car now ('04 S55). It's a pretty good system that supports track names and even folders so I can nest songs within artist folders, etc. However, even a DVD will only hold so many songs and I find myself regularly re-burning to accommodate changing interests.

Every time a larger iPod is released, some people ask, who has a collection that big? The answer is, these days, more and more consumers. Sure, you're never going to listen to it all at any given time. But many of us never know what we'll be in the mood for, so it's nice to have it all. In my case, I have music, audio books and podcasts on my iPod. It's way to much to fit on a several DVDs, let alone CDs, so I like the aux input option much better than burned discs.

Jeff

Post #5391 Thu Nov 17 2005 6:37pm
liveseyd

United Kingdom 

But is it just me? I find the sound quality of MP3 is noticeably poorer than a normal CD, or good radio reception. Really brings it home on a good set up like the RRS premium audio, especially if you flick between MP3 and radio.

David

Post #5395 Thu Nov 17 2005 9:22pm
rgbyhkr

liveseyd wrote:
But is it just me? I find the sound quality of MP3 is noticeably poorer than a normal CD, or good radio reception. Really brings it home on a good set up like the RRS premium audio, especially if you flick between MP3 and radio.

David

If you're comparing MP3s burned to CD vs a standard audio CD, then the quality of the MP3 disc will vary depending upon the recording quality settings used when the MP3s were originally created. There is great variation between the highest and lowest quality settings on an MP3. At the highest quality settings, many people can't tell the difference even on a reference quality home 2-channel setup. So, what you may be hearing are MP3s recorded at low quality settings to minimize the file size and therefore store more songs in the same amount of storage space.

Jeff

Post #5396 Thu Nov 17 2005 9:35pm
grommet

United States 

Use 320Kbps MP3 is you want to achieve the best sound quality possible from MP3 without thinking. (That's the highest supported bitrate.) As rgbyhkr said, it's all about the quality of the encoder. Anyway, take it to another forum if you want to discuss codecs. Smile I can't tell the difference in the vehicle between my properly encoded MP3 discs (higher bitrate VBR LAME MP3) and original CDs.

I personally find the RRS audio system far from "premium" even with the best of audio sources. But that's me; it's all subjective, of course.

Post #5398 Thu Nov 17 2005 9:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1