RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2018 RRS Autobiography ordered...............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

ChunkRRS

Scotland 
MY2018 RRS Autobiography ordered...............

Well after a whirlwind start to my RRS experience I'm moving from my current MY17 to a new MY18. New car is due in January, the dealer called me yesterday to say the holding pool of new orders has been called over and official build slot has been allocated.

I haven't posted on here about my troubles with the old/new car but basically the navigations/rear screens/electronic/ICTP systems were shutting down at least once every time I drove the car. Not good on any type of car but a 3 month old RRS especially not. I think my gremlins were bigger than others as my car was with the dealers for approx. 14 weeks (that's weeks not days) as initially they did not have a fix for the car and it sat there without repair. It eventually came back to me fixed but by that point I had already involved Land Rover customer services and had the authorisation to have my car replaced at no cost to me.

I held off agreeing to another MY17 car as I knew the new one was around the corner and they have since agreed that I can have a 2018 car but I need to pay the difference in cost as its not like for like.

I had considered walking away from the brand however I looked around and decided there is nothing out there like the RRS and I love the 2018 changes so I will hopefully come out the other side with a smile on my face. One thing for sure is I would not have liked the price of depreciation, apparently it is costing LR in the region of £15-£16k based on trade in value for my 7000 mile car (OUCH!!!) They have also agreed to cover the additional road tax as my car was delivered before the increase.

The dealer gave me their 2.0 HSE sport demonstrator to use and it was way underpowered and lacking in torque, anyone considering one try the 3.0 as well.

so in short I'm now looking forward to the 18 car coming, I am hoping to stay in my own car until the new one arrives but watch this space, they may take it back and give me something else to tide me over.

Post #539177 Wed Oct 25 2017 12:54pm
sally

United Kingdom 

Im glad LR have got something sorted for you. Electrical gremlins are hard to find and even worse to live with.
My previous AB was a friday afternoon car and kept getting air bag and gear selection issues. I had it less that 5 months before i traded for the svr.

Hopefully it wont give you too much trouble whilst you are waiting. 2012 Evoque
2014 Sport Autobiography
2015 SVR for the fun stuff
2016 Evoque SI4 Dynamic Lux for the daily drive
2016 Defender 90
2018 SVR

Post #539179 Wed Oct 25 2017 1:26pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

ChunkRRS sorry to hear about your problems, I'm a bit worried now as my my17 AB is being built this week, I was wrongly under the impression that most of the ict issues had been resolved! We have a new loan evoque until our car arrives in the next few weeks, it's ict seems to work fine, sales guy told me it's the same as ours will be? I'm hoping after a trouble free 14months with my Hse dynamic for the same again, fingers crossed!

Out of curiosity who was the supplying dealer, lloyds?

Good luck with the new one!

Post #539189 Wed Oct 25 2017 2:49pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Sally - I am glad too as I love the car but it needs to work to stay in love with it. This one must have been a Friday car aswell.

M13lky - yes Lloyds are the supplying dealer, they did all they could really, although Land Rover wasted £thousands trying to fix the problem ordering replacement modules left right and centre which were not needed, scary stuff really, I wouldn't want one of these outside of warranty that's for sure. Hopefully the 2018 will serve me well. Ive not had any issues since its come back to me but I just don't trust it anymore TBH. I hope yours is ok, who is supplying the 2017 for you?

Post #539191 Wed Oct 25 2017 3:03pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

and no painted calipers available with the SDV6........... Sad

Post #539192 Wed Oct 25 2017 3:11pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Thought it would be them, I use Carlisle for service as I live in Dumfries, however I can never get near cutting a new car deal with them, they will just not move on either no or pitiful discounts on these or high end Bmw's. I've had around 15 new prestige cars in the last 17 years & now I don't even give them a chance.

My ones coming from taggarts Glasgow south, fingers crossed it will be ok! If not it will be rejected & I'll be in your my18 club! Hope not though could do without the hassle.

Hope your 2018 is as good as they look, what colour/spec you going for?

Post #539193 Wed Oct 25 2017 3:12pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

to be honest after the hassle I have had its been hard to stay positive, horrible feeling paying for a car that doesn't work but I've given them another shot.

I've gone for another Autobiography SDV6 in the same colour and interior (corris and tan), although the seats are not all tan now, they have the black centres. Also gone for the velar style 22" wheels, rear screens and a few other options including the activity key which seems quite cool.

due to all the hassle I held off ordering Mrs Chunk an Evoque until I had mine sorted but i've now managed to broker her a great deal from Lloyd with a big discount for an MY18 HSE Dynamic with black pack and a few other extras, every cloud and all that?

I hope your car is fine but as you say you can always reject if it isn't!!

Post #539195 Wed Oct 25 2017 3:31pm
Sp13l

England 

Hi. I feel your pain. You may have seen my thread on my issues with my my17.5 rrs hse. Still in the workshop and i have a very worried salss mabaged who is trying to do everything he can for me not to reject the car.
I really hope the my18 comes trouble free but the omens aren't that good from what i can gather. New tech and jlr don't seem to gel well.
Be interesting to see what issues or not the velar has with electronics as they are featured in the new rrs i think? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #539219 Wed Oct 25 2017 8:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

When did you last see a Velar on the roads of the UK? That is its biggest problem - it isn’t selling............... too expensive for a car supposed to the be between Evoque and RRS but priced with RRS prices....... they should just have called it the RRS Coupe or Fastback and people might have accepted the premium pricing. It’s size isn’t exactly mid way between the two either. I suspect that Velar is turning into LR’s F Type, folks say oooh ahhhh it looks lovely but nobody wants one because they are too expensive and Dealers will end up selling them like F Types, with 5 miles on the odo and thousands of pounds knocked off the price (you can even order a pre-used F Type from the factory now!). Things are not going to get any easier for JLR either as people retrench their savings in preparation for the disaster that any form of Brexit will bring to the economy of the UK and already we see one of the biggest JLR dealership groups in financial problems........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Thu Oct 26 2017 8:27am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #539220 Wed Oct 25 2017 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

.............and interest rates going up next month most probably, will hit a lot of car sales with many APRs not guaranteed, some contract prices aren't frozen either, and will go up each time Bank rate rises. Some hard times coming for many I fear. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #539223 Wed Oct 25 2017 10:14pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

My dealers APR is guaranteed..

Post #539237 Thu Oct 26 2017 8:17am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I said this on day one of the prices being released,,they are suppose to sit inbetween the Evoque & sport yet when I priced top of the range (at the time) velar it was only about £1500 cheaper than the sport when it should have been 10-14k cheaper if it sits between them both.Plus ive only one on the road in my area & everyone I know who have sports don't like the look of them even when I went to view my SC at dealers they had 2 Velars in showroom & SWMBO (who knows nothing about car) even said the Velar is a ugly looking car.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #539245 Thu Oct 26 2017 9:14am
Cantona

United Kingdom 

The pricing is obviously wrong but I think its a nice looking car, I saw a white one recently & thought it looked really nice.

Post #539246 Thu Oct 26 2017 9:17am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

The pricing is def wrong Cantona,,that's why they arnt selling.As for the looks its everyone to their own,if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White