Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Horn Stoped Working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mani

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Horn Stoped Working

Hi Folks, hope you are all well,

Just a quick one, the other morning, on my way home from work someone almost drove into me, and to get his attention I pushed the Horn Bar only to find there was no sound, so when I got home I checked the fuse the fuse looked fine, but as I had new spare I replaced it anyway, only to find it still does not work! Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and if so what the fix was?

Cheers

Mani G MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #538806 Fri Oct 20 2017 4:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

Yes, same within 2 days of buying the car. Mine needed a new horn.

Post #538843 Sat Oct 21 2017 8:10am
Mani

Thanks Buddy I will do that, the one thing I did notice this morning was when I pressed the horn bar I can hear a clicking sound from the glove box

cheers

Mani MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB
REAR 9 INCH TOUCH SCREEN HEADREST TV SCREENS, WIRELESS HEADRESTS, IN-CAR WIFI MIRROR BOX FOR WATCHING INTERNET TVIE BBC I-PLAYER ETC... FROM ANDROID, WINDOWS AND IOS PHONES ON THE GO ON ALL SCREENS

Post #538844 Sat Oct 21 2017 8:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

I didn’t even have the click! Can’t tell how much because the stealer fixed it at their cost, so i’m Not much help other than you are not the only one to have the failure. Thumbs Up

Post #538859 Sat Oct 21 2017 1:29pm
Mani

Thank you kind Sir for your reply MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #538867 Sat Oct 21 2017 2:40pm
shepp

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi all
My old sc had two horns, a high and low pitch horn, both located behind the grill, due to there location they are known to fail. Very easy to remove the grill and check for voltage. MY12 RRS HSE
Gone 4.2 supercharged RRS
Gone 90
Gone s2000

Post #538880 Sat Oct 21 2017 7:31pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Yes, know issue for many years, the angle of the horn means they corroded and stop working Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #538897 Sun Oct 22 2017 10:36am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I don't read this section much.

Some model years have a horn behind the grill and one hidden down by the coolant bottle.

other have 2 behind the grill.

Post #538900 Sun Oct 22 2017 11:21am
Mani

Horn Not Working Fix Update

Hi folks just a quick update, I managed to get a new original Low Note Snail horn from Ebay for £19.00, it arrived yesterday, I have just installed it and hey presto it works! Thumbs Up Very Happy

Just would like to thank the members who recommended that I changed the horn Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down MY08 RR SPORT3.6TD V8 FULLY LOADED, COOLER BOX, GVIF UNIT, PIONEER AVIC-F980DAB HEAD UNIT, RETAINING 4X4 INFO OEM SCREEN AND TS-WX130DA SUB

Post #539755 Tue Oct 31 2017 8:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1