RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > 2010 RRS 3.0 TDV6 Engine systems failiure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

PC76

United Kingdom 

Well the car wasn't picked up to day and i am feeling very frustrated not being able to sort it... can only guess it was down to the crap weather but no phone call or text....

Is it possible to bleed the fuel system on my own?

Post #538463 Mon Oct 16 2017 6:42pm
Ste815l

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Yes you could bleed it yourself. Just wind down drivers window. Turn ignition on the pump primes for 10 seconds. As it's priming push bleed nipple in until you see fuel come out. You might have to do this quite a few times depending if the fuel filter is empty as it will take about 4-5 sequels just to fill that. If you hear no air pressure come out of the bleed nipple after a few cycles then I would say it's a pump. When you turn ignition on get under drivers side rear door you will see your tank it's a big rusty cradle holding it up. Feel for vibrations off the pump I could feel it on mine. If no vibration or noise. Check fuse number 1 were battery is in fuse box. If that's OK it's a broken pump.

Post #538472 Mon Oct 16 2017 7:47pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Thx Ste, I gave it a go but i did not think the battery had enough life in it...

It was recovered today and they confirmed it was due to lack of fuel. so new sender unit ordered, along with a rear suspension sensor and the center cup holder as agreed by the garage when i bought it.

get it back on Thursday hopefully

Thx all for your support

Post #538557 Tue Oct 17 2017 9:15pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Well i got it back this evening checked everything and it all seemed fine.

lowered and raised the suspension without it throwing a wobbler... however i noted tithe the compressor is now noticeably louder and dare i say vibrating. is this an issue or normal?

dropped the wife off and on the way to the petrol station the red light came on so happy with that but put in £40 of diesel and it showed half full..... do i still have the same problem or is this normal?

Thanks

Post #538732 Thu Oct 19 2017 8:26pm
NeilRRS

United Kingdom 

£40 is about half full after the fuel light has come on.
You will get quite used to putting fuel in. Shocked

Post #538733 Thu Oct 19 2017 8:42pm
Ste815l

Mine is 2.7 and no lie I get about 125 mile for £40 this is worse than my m3 4 litre petrol. I'm really thinking about px in it in for something bit less thirsty.

Post #538741 Thu Oct 19 2017 9:50pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

The Diesel fuel tank "useable capacity" is 84 Litres or 18.4 Gallons (the Petrol tank holds 88 litres 19.3 gallons) on the SDV6 models and similar. So £40 of fuel is around 33.92 litres at £1.17 Litre. I normally fuel up with 70 litres at a time which costs me around £82 a time (twice a week when I'm driving Big Cry ).

Originally the size of tank was fitted to give the car a 300 mile range then extended to 350 mile range, but don't believe that system applies today. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538742 Thu Oct 19 2017 9:51pm
Ste815l

Jesus twice a week.

Post #538745 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:03pm
Johnski

Ste815l wrote:
Mine is 2.7 and no lie I get about 125 mile for £40 this is worse than my m3 4 litre petrol. I'm really thinking about px in it in for something bit less thirsty.

That sounds very poor, perhaps a decent cleaner in fuel tank to clean everything, including Injectors, Turbo etc generally helps improve both performance and mpg. At the cost to mix one fuel tank, well worth the expense to see if any improvement.

Just worked out: If that is true of your figures and Diesel average price at £1.179p litre say, that means you are only getting around 16.749 mpg which means you have a serious problem unless you drive with pedal to the floor etc. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538746 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:05pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Oh right, I actually thought it had a 105 litre tank...😳

I will fill it up at the weekend and see 🙈

So how about the noisey compressor don’t think it was so noticeable before it had the new sensor fitted..

Post #538748 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:11pm
Johnski

Ste815l wrote:
Jesus twice a week.

When I normally drive, (due to accident last April, not car, I haven't been allowed to drive) but every day is a run from North Wales to either London, North Yorkshire, Scarborough, or Gatwick, Luton, Manchester, Leeds, East Midlands airports and similar distances. So average daily mileage can be from 148 to 385 miles a day, fortunately only 3-4 days a week now. Whistle John

Post #538749 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:17pm
Johnski

PC76 wrote:
Oh right, I actually thought it had a 105 litre tank...😳

I will fill it up at the weekend and see 🙈

So how about the noisey compressor don’t think it was so noticeable before it had the new sensor fitted..

Fuel size tank is from LR Handbook and Service Manual, V8 and earlier models I cannot state for sure without further check. Embarassed

I've only noticed really noisy air compressors (suspension), when it is having to work extra hard due to leaks or on its way out.
Does it raise/lower to the different heights at same speed as before or does it seem to take longer? Does the noise once up to set height stop or come back on again while driving as if loosing air? Normally they are fairly quiet but you can of course hear them when operating.
Not sure but vibration could be shield touching, or compressor bolts/nuts not at correct torque, but can't see why it would alter for work done. Rolling Eyes John

Post #538751 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:24pm
PC76

United Kingdom 

Hi Jonski,

i have only dome a couple of short runs in it this evening, but id did come back on when i was driving. Also stays on longer once at the correct height. the speed of the raising and lowering is actually quicker than before. that the main reason why I'm asking this since my logic thinks.. knackered compressor would take longer...

Post #538753 Thu Oct 19 2017 10:41pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Maybe because its a different model - I don't know - but I've never noticed my air compressor working at all. Others (Johnski?) will no doubt have better, more useful, responses than me but my tenpenn'th says that you've got an air leak. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #538768 Fri Oct 20 2017 7:10am
Ste815l

To fix the fuel level sensor they would have had to replace the tank. As there nearly impossible to change. But this wouldn't involve any work on the compressor. If they used a ramp hoist I carnt see how it can have affected the suspension unless they used car jack and lifted wheels off ground maybe a tear in air bag?

Post #538776 Fri Oct 20 2017 8:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>