RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Do I keep it or hand it back
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Do I keep it or hand it back

I bought a 13 plate Black Edition, 6 months old, 12k on the clock, this was the roll out edition of the old shape. Bought it for 45k on a PCP, 6K deposit and a GFV at the end Feb 18 of 26.5k. Mine has 27.000 mile now
Been thinking of buying a 6 months old low mileage one, went into the dealers in Nelson today to get some ideas on prices. Talk about being shocked, they said my cars value is now £22.5k with till 5 months to run.
I have looked after this car and not had many issues at all. The interior is like new, the only issue I have, is my wheels are scuffed, the paintwork is 99% perfect.
My options in Feb it to either hand it back and walk away.
Pay the £26.5k for a car that's only worth £22.5k Now
Or start again, but the 2nd hand prices for the new shape are around £65k for a decent one.
Just worked out, I've paid over £33k in payments on this car, not inc Tax, servicing insurance extended warranty.
Pity I can't hand it back and find out where they are selling it on and buying it back at the true value. MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #538561 Tue Oct 17 2017 10:04pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Unfortunately that original price paid 6 months ago for a 2013 model was well overpriced I'm afraid, even more so if you are talking about the MK1 model, and there have been several upgrades since then, two to the engine power and now on 306bhp engine, so the lesser models and generally all years have dropped in price I'm afraid. Trade in prices are always less as well, and the value once at 5 years old from first registration, not model/plate year, means that genuine LR dealers won't sell it anymore as it comes outside the LR Approved warranty scheme for LR models. They all drop further then because of this.

If planning to sell to a LR dealer, I would try to sell as much as possible before the 5th anniversary is up so it can be resold with full warranty. Either keep if your happy with car and pay up, or hand back and have to find a lot more for a newer model. Big Cry

The lesser warranty can be purchased if under 100,000 miles.
There is also a scheme to purchase the Enhanced warranty after a full chargeable inspection by LR, if nothing is wrong or showing signs of wear that can be purchased at just over £1,100 for a year cover. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538563 Tue Oct 17 2017 10:28pm
Garage Door Medic

I bought this 3.5 years ago at £45k not 6 months ago. It was 6 months old when I got it.
Can't see me paying £26.5k for a £22k next Feb
Might have to get a Kia Sportage Big Cry Big Cry MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #538564 Tue Oct 17 2017 10:40pm
Johnski

Sorry misread 6 months old for how long you had it. Embarassed thought it seemed grossly overpriced.
The rest still stands about the same though unfortunately. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538565 Tue Oct 17 2017 10:49pm
Sp13l

England 

If this is a guaranteed future value your better off waiting til Feb and they need to honour that value i believe? My17.5 HSE corris grey

Post #538566 Tue Oct 17 2017 11:02pm
wilf

If it is on a PCP, and you have paid >50% of the total owing, I think you could hand it straight back at no cost.

|You will need to check that out carefully with the finance company, but the basic rule is, as I understand it, just that. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #538572 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:55am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

The Black Edition was £60k new so you did well getting a 6 months old for £45k - I wish I had as it would of made the £36k I got when it was 2 years old easier to swallow Big Cry

It would be worse if you'd paid full price so I'd be tempted to keep it until Feb then see what they offer when bad weather comes and hand it back then if less than GFMV Confused

I bought a D2 Metropolis when they launched the D3 and after 2 years I only lost £10k so imho LRs new are way overpriced and that's why they lose so much now on px Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #538573 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:22am
PEACHY

England 

Sp13l wrote:
If this is a guaranteed future value your better off waiting til Feb and they need to honour that value i believe?

As above - wait - the finance company have to honour that figure Censored to the dealership Thumbs Up

Better still if your using the same dealership - after all wasn't it them who issued the GMFV ? Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #538578 Wed Oct 18 2017 8:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

i'd say wait till february, £26.5 GFV will pay off the finance balance, where as £22.5 will mean you need to pay the £4k difference (less interest) to clear the PCP off

Your next step should be find out whats owed to the finance as a settlement figure, find out what what you will save on monthly payments till February, and what the cost of the new car would be with zero deposit, (or with what ever cash you was going to put down as well ) as there is no equity in the car to use

that way you can weigh up all options Thumbs Up

Post #538583 Wed Oct 18 2017 10:39am
Garage Door Medic

Slept on this overnight, and looks like I will hand it back in Feb. Which is a shame because it's a good car, so that will leave me finance free, don't feel I can buy the car at £26.5k (GFV) when it will be only worth £21k in Feb, why would anyone pay £5k over the value of the car ??? If I could buy it off them at the value its worth in Feb I would do, but it will probably go to auction somewhere and they will probably get less. MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #538649 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:23pm
Johnski

No harm in putting in an offer, they can only refuse and they are not going to get anything like the stated GFV, and will loose even further at Auction. John

Post #538657 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:51pm
NeilRRS

United Kingdom 

Garage Door Medic wrote:
Slept on this overnight, and looks like I will hand it back in Feb. Which is a shame because it's a good car, so that will leave me finance free, don't feel I can buy the car at £26.5k (GFV) when it will be only worth £21k in Feb, why would anyone pay £5k over the value of the car ??? If I could buy it off them at the value its worth in Feb I would do, but it will probably go to auction somewhere and they will probably get less.

Or just buy it yourself at the Auction when it goes back at the reduced price..

Post #538670 Wed Oct 18 2017 10:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1