RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Making an offer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

kmpowell

There's so much talk about values on this forum, and most of it gets blown completely out of proportion.

To me it's a very simple, if you worry about residuals, get it on PCP and follow the following rules:

- The lowest screen price for the MY you want (there are huge variations in prices at dealers)
- The highest GFV/RV for the car
- The lowest APR.
- The lowest deposit

All that will give you the lowest total cost over the term of the agreement. If you like that total cost, go for it, if you don't, then don't.

When I bought mine last November it was £63k screen price and 13 months old. I put £1k in as a deposit, and my 3yr PCP has a GFV of £43k. So over the 3yr term I am theoretically financing £19k. With the low rate interest I got it comes in at £24k total for the term. It's fixed, I know what i'm paying, and it won't change. If I need to come out early I may be in a bit of negative equity, but unless there's a huge crash in prices, I will be broadly even. Land Rover can't afford for huge drops, so they will factor in depreciation and anything known (such as MY updates) to the GFV's.

I look at my cost per month as money I will never see again, if you are happy with that notion then buy, if you're not then higher cost cars are probably not for you. Smile

Good luck OP. Oh and BTW, don't bother with a 16 plate IIWY, get a 65 plate. It's EXACTLY the same car and cheaper. MY16 updates were introduced in Sep 2015 on the 65 plate, so the only advantage of a 16 plate is it's slightly newer, but it will cost more. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538155 Thu Oct 12 2017 2:53pm
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

A bit of an update to proceedings. I figured if I left it until the end of the week and contact them again with a revised offer, there might be a different outcome.
Strangely, they had no record of my previous conversations, so it was almost like going in cold again. As a result of a bit of telephone ping pong, a deposit has been paid and I'll shortly be the proud owner of a Caparthain grey, Range Rover Sport Autobiography. Thumbs Up
Thanks everybody for your wise words and advice. I'm sure there'll be more sought shortly.

Post #538235 Fri Oct 13 2017 9:24pm
kmpowell

Congrats, welcome to the love/hate world of RRS ownership. Thumbs Up

What year and spec is it? Carpathian is a lovey colour, a real change from Corris. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538248 Sat Oct 14 2017 7:45am
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

Nov 16 (66) Autobiography. Sliding panoramic roof, side steps, grand black veneer, full size spare, extra washer. Just received the video presentation from James @ Lookers and it looks fab.

Post #538249 Sat Oct 14 2017 7:58am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Yes James is the man to deal with, as long as your happy with the car/deal that's all that matters, it's priced very keenly & seems a decent spec so I would say you have got yourself a bargain!

Malc

Post #538250 Sat Oct 14 2017 8:13am
kmpowell

I agree, a good price. Enjoy. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538251 Sat Oct 14 2017 8:24am
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

I’m happy with the deal and to me, that’s half way to utopia with the whole package.

Post #538255 Sat Oct 14 2017 9:30am
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

Well today I trudged across the Metropolis and emptied my piggy bank onto the desk of Lookers Land Rover West London. In return, they handed me the keys to my RRS.
For probably the first time in my life I was speechless. The car is stunning and was beautifully presented for its ‘unveiling.’
Big thanks have to go to Jason who dealt with everything. A couple of rubbish photos I took will give you a taste of the vehicle. I’ll take some decent ones when I’ve got time.

Post #538629 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:12pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Looks great even upside down. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #538630 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:21pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

Is that an Australian version then Rolling with laughter

Post #538631 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:24pm
Dogboy

United Kingdom 

See it’s not only Land Rover that has trouble with technology . It’s stunning, even for an Australian Embarassed

Post #538633 Wed Oct 18 2017 6:30pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Looks a nice vehicle, even if I had to lock screen and rotate to view photos. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #538638 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:00pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
Nice colour Cool

although you are going to have problems with the wading depth that way up, best avoid big puddles Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #538651 Wed Oct 18 2017 7:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12