RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > AEB Not Available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Sp13l

England 

Acceptance has a limit. For me a failure with the car so early is a major disappointment but i will see what transpires. Releasing a vehicle when there is a clear fault that is known by landrover is a bit underhand. I aoso appear to have a problem with loading my data sim as well and this doesnt bode well for the quality of the software or tech. If i have a rogue car purchased will be seriously considering rejecting it.

Post #538388 Sun Oct 15 2017 10:55pm
Sp13l

England 

Called the dealer this morning and booked in for Thursday. Dealer didn't sound at all surprised with the fault which say to me that it is a regular issue.

does anyone else have (or had) this fault and what was the outcome? Last posts I saw on this fault indicated that there is no fix available - has this changed?

Thanks in advance

Post #538411 Mon Oct 16 2017 10:17am
Sp13l

England 

Got a new data sim for the car arrived today. tried it. won't work! i cannot see why this would be connected other than it is part of the computer platform I guess. anyhow, asked the dealer to add this to the list of issues.

Getting totally frustrated with the thing and it doesn't help that the missus is in 'told you so' mode!

Post #538432 Mon Oct 16 2017 1:11pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

IRBalls I know what you are saying but in the uk where these are built, we expect a bit more QA on our £70k plus purchases than some unfortunate customers of jlr are receiving. I manage a company in the uk utilities sector, if we finished each m&e job 95% or worse we would get severe sanctions from our clients & it's not even their money that pays us.

That's the biggest frustration for me in general nowadays, do what your paid to do to the best of your ability, whether it's sweeping the streets or a crown court lawyer.

Don't accept inferior quality on any new purchase or product.

Good luck

Malc

Post #538444 Mon Oct 16 2017 3:27pm
IRBails

Australia 

m13, I don't disagree but but Land Rover are doing the best to their ability , their ability is the question. In another life I owned a 4WD business, a long time ago, and in those days the most unreliable 4WD you could buy was a Land Rover Product . and that was competing with Russian Larda. What I am saying is all vehicles will have niggles, and I think if you purchase wanting a particular function and it doesn't work you should have the ability to get your money back . I also think having an expectation that Land Rover will build to the same quality as other is unrealistic. Price is a function of technology , quantity and demand in modern markets , so the entry price is what it is because of demand from people wanting the brand more than the function IMO. Oh and buy the way the RRS is even more pricey in Australia so I too get upset with what is not right for the price. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #538479 Mon Oct 16 2017 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12