RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Considering new AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

kmpowell

m13lky wrote:
Update on my AB search, finally I have ordered a new stock AB which I found in taggarts run out stock of my17 cars, Firenze red, stealth pack, black roof, full black leather, a few other toys, exact spec we were looking for! Should be built by the end of the month with delivery early November. Best trade in offer from them however I have sold mine to a prestige dealer for £6k above Cap clean this month so it's gone! 9% approx of the new car inc deposit contribution. There are only around 70 stock AB's left currently in build so I've been told, most are black, white or grey but there are some out there with good deals to be had if you push them.

Roll on November!

Good choice, Fire Engine looks great. Same spec as mine (bar the wheels). Enjoy. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538200 Fri Oct 13 2017 12:52pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Cheers km, going to try & keep this one a few years, but you never know! When you wash yours do you get many spots when it drys? I've got a water filter & usually do final rinse with that & get very little on the black roof & nothing you could see on the white, but what's the red like?

Malc

Post #538204 Fri Oct 13 2017 2:06pm
kmpowell

Fire Engine is a very strange colour. On an overcast day it looks dark, almost burgundy, and can be quite disappointing, but on a normal/sunny day it pops bright, the metallic flake in it is like no other metallic paint I've had, it sparkles.

I don't have any problems with the paint at all, no drying spots at all. The only problem is keeping the contrast pillars swirl free, that's a nightmare. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #538205 Fri Oct 13 2017 2:22pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Sounds similar to yulong white, looks flat on dull days but in the sun looks great when clean except for tar & iron spots, good to hear. My answer for the pillars is to get them perfect when new then I just wash it weekly with 2 buckets, grit guards & a merino wool mit then rinse with filter. Every 6 months or so I go over it with meguiers detailing spray with microfibre cloth & that's it, no chamois from me!

Thanks again

Post #538207 Fri Oct 13 2017 2:36pm
Leecccmk1

England 

Firenze red is a xiralllic paint so it has anodised coloured flake instead of just standard metal flake hence why it comes alive in the sunlight
I love this colour and had a xfs in it......but have been persuaded by her indoors to go for velocity blue Very Happy

Post #538209 Fri Oct 13 2017 2:53pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

m13lky wrote:
Update on my AB search, finally I have ordered a new stock AB which I found in taggarts run out stock of my17 cars, Firenze red, stealth pack, black roof, full black leather, a few other toys, exact spec we were looking for! Should be built by the end of the month with delivery early November. Best trade in offer from them however I have sold mine to a prestige dealer for £6k above Cap clean this month so it's gone! 9% approx of the new car inc deposit contribution. There are only around 70 stock AB's left currently in build so I've been told, most are black, white or grey but there are some out there with good deals to be had if you push them.

Roll on November!

Hey congratulations its about time Rolling with laughter you have been looking forever. enjoy when you get it, i am completely loving mine, touch wood i have had no issues, really happy with the metallic white and even fond of the ivory seats. cant get over how completely different it is to my previous Mercedes GLC SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #538214 Fri Oct 13 2017 3:45pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Mark good things come to those that wait, hopefully! No I had to get out of my 14month old Hse dynamic right to make this happen, loved that car and if we never got the trade sale & discounted purchase right I would have kept what I had.

The drive & ride are far superior to the new shape x5's & X6 I came from aswell, worth paying the additional premium for however the LR dealers trying to screw their customers over with Censored poor trade in values does "stick in my craw" as we say up here!

Good to know your enjoying yours!

Malc

Post #538217 Fri Oct 13 2017 4:36pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

looking forward to seeing the pics Malc Cool

Post #538257 Sat Oct 14 2017 9:52am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

No probs Chris, in Majorca for a week then hopefully collecting end of the month, how are you getting on with the m3? Mines on martins website looking good, not sold yet though!

Post #538282 Sat Oct 14 2017 8:09pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Car is built & was called over by dealer yesterday, they are hoping for delivery to them on Monday at the latest and telling me I should have it by next weekend at the latest, Maybe even Tuesday as they are desperate to have it registered in October!

Post #539465 Fri Oct 27 2017 8:43pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Great news Malc, exciting times. My dealer phoned to say they'd ordered a showroom my18 car very similar in spec and colour combo of what I sold. List £84k eeek!

Yeah M3 a hoon really enjoying it thanks

Post #539466 Fri Oct 27 2017 8:47pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Chris I know, we had a little blip with our dealer last weekend as the pcp rate has dropped & a free service plan if you take a pcp this quarter, they tried playing hard ball with me but Farnells offered me nearly the exact same car for a good bit less with the new pcp rate & free service pack, went back to my dealer & told them if they didn't give me what was now advertised I'd be buying from elsewhere, only took 10 mins to come back to me with a yes sir no problem from the sales manager. I was already looking at my18 cars at that point as you say our spec Hse dynamics are around £85k! A similar AB to what I'm getting for around £78k with deployable side steps would cost around £90k+ with no discount or deposit contribution! Can't justify that money, I would have to wait and buy a six month old one or an M3! Might go for a M X5 next time depending on fuel costs. I'll get some picks on once I get it!

Post #539470 Fri Oct 27 2017 9:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

m13lky wrote:
...… as they are desperate to have it registered in October!

There must be some big end of month bonuses for that dealership at stake then and it was worth more to them to keep your custom with a lower margin than for you to take your business elsewhere! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #539485 Fri Oct 27 2017 10:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Sales are not good just now, they need my RRS in October as they keep telling me, selling plenty lower end things like disco sports, evoques etc but they have even given us a brand new evoque convertible demo until we get the new car, the deal I'm on now is roughly 7.5% off car, free service pack, free guard x, £1500 deposit contribution, discount off deployable side steps, 5.9% Apr pcp & new evoque loan car foc for 2 weeks from selling mine to a third party dealer for £5k more than they could offer with their blessing!

Off the record it seems that velar pricing, uncertainty with brexit, RRS my18 price increases etc are all making existing customers keep what they have or move to other brands. May work out well if we can hang in there as things may self right going forward, wishful thinking maybe?

Post #539489 Fri Oct 27 2017 11:15pm
kmpowell

I bought mine from Farnell in Guiseley. From my calls to various dealers Farnell’s seem to be one of the better dealer groups from what I could ascertain.

Even though I live in South London it was worth the 300mile trip becuase they matched my bank on the PCP APR rate and also were keen on the screen price. My understanding is they work on the basis of high turnover and low margins.

Your point about product/pricing is right for me. I’m holding on to mine for a bit longer, but I’ll be moving away from JLR next purely becuase what I can get elsewhere exceeds anything they can offer. That is unless anything dramatically changes in the next few months. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #539497 Sat Oct 28 2017 9:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>