RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2017 RRS Paint Imperfections - Advice Needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

IRBails

Australia 

TDV8HST wrote:
It really is unacceptable, though with customers like IRB Wink ,LR are getting away with it.

My Heads display is noisy, I could have it fixed but , I don't use it and he repair could unearth a whole lot of issues. It would be interesting to start a thread and see why owners have purchased a RRS. For me it was nothing to do with Brand, I'd buy any brand that was equivalent , even Korean . M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #538124 Thu Oct 12 2017 6:18am
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
2017 RRS Paint Imperfections

I look with interest at the forum posts listing numerous issues (and lots to do with common problems, not just the odd person having bad luck) with the L494 RRS. On the basis of those issues you would have to be a brave person to buy one if you had high expectations for the vehicle. I am sure that every now and then someone gets a good car with no major issues but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule. Buying a RRS with a substandard paint job is simply not on - period. The paint finish on Japanese and Korean build cars is far superior to Landrover products. When I take my car into the dealer which is not that often these days I have a good look at the new showroom stock and I am constantly amazed by the average quality of more recent models in terms of external plastics (which are seriously bad) and paint work finish.
There is a lot of comment in forum posts that the RRS is no worse that other brands which have quality issues also. But my response to that is just because the others have issues there is no reason for LR to follow suite - Thats like saying we are the best only because the others are much worse.

Post #538208 Fri Oct 13 2017 2:42pm
IRBails

Australia 

I have owned two VW V10 Touaregs, one was the early model which had the design spec to be better than a Range Rover , the other was the R50. I had quite a few issues with the first V10, all fixed under Warranty . The first Touareg would have left the Range Rover product in the dust as far as a Superior Vehicle, it was better than the older model is so many ways, and the Germans were innovative and brought new design and better thinking to the manufacturing table. The R50 again was great not one issue in ownership. For me the decision to change was the new models just left a lot off the table, no low range , no spare tyre , were the biggies the V8 Touareg had a lot going for it, not to mention 5.8 seconds 0 to 100. When I say no issues there may have been paint imperfections but I did not notice them , the V10's were hard on tyres and one could not run the soft ones for more than 20,000 k's. I think the V8 RRS sport that I now own is better in most ways than the R50 Touareg , but for people that don't want to use the vehicle as a 4WD there are so many better choices IMO.

If you are after pose then the Porsche Macan, Audi Q7 in the V8 Diesel , Mercedes SUV, Maserati SUV just to name a few. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #538238 Fri Oct 13 2017 9:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123