RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Potential new owner
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

Yes, i've had the car from new, and was REALLY surprised when it got to 4 years old with nothing more than a service and a set of tyres a year!
The parts i mentioned are definitely the weak points. (i forgot to say that i replaced the alternator in year 4 too!)
Each visit that year cost me about £700!

I would ask any dealer to tell you if it has any of those things replaced, as i think they are on a 3-4 year lifespan!

Saying that, best car i have had, which is why i have had it so long (usually keep mine 3 years to the day!)

cheers
Dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #537514 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:03am
shinsplint

United Kingdom 

Thanks Dave,

The one I am looking at is a private sale, 1 owner, and he has told me there have been no repairs. Whilst in some respects it sounds a good example, it also sounds like these things will likely need changing before too long. A regular £700 blowout is not really feasible for me.

In saying that, I do 4-5k miles a year, as I cycle to work a fair bit. Given that, if the car was off the road for a while it wouldnt be the end of the world.

At the moment I am swaying between the RR (viewing tomorrow) and an Audi A4 Avant 3.0D Quattro. The Audi is a couple of grand cheaper and i'm almost sure the sensible option, but I know I would regret not going for the Range Rover, as its a car as i've always fancied.

If I go for the RR, i'm also faced with the decision of whether to try a warranty. Lots of negative thoughts around. My gut instinct is to put the money aside and hope for the best.

Even the missus who is not a car person, says she much prefers the Range Rover, from the photos i've shown her.

To add to the mix, her Mazda 3 spat its dummy out yesterday and is currently having the engine looked at. Cash is pretty much tight then !

Any thoughts welcome.

Post #537515 Fri Oct 06 2017 10:21am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

You only live once so do it right and buy the Sport Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #537555 Fri Oct 06 2017 4:42pm
NeilRRS

United Kingdom 

I would forget ‘warranty direct’.
I bought a Maserati which was ‘covered’ by them and when it developed afew expensive issues, eg, catalytic converters went etc, they were useless and hid behind pages of small print and refused to pay a penny. Never again.. The warranty cost £1300 a year !
Either stash the money away and hope for the best or go for a Land Rover warranty.

Post #537580 Fri Oct 06 2017 8:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12