RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > The MY18 RRs is here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think the wheel choices on all the models is awful, but the ablity to have what is basically a new name for Estoril blue on your new 2.0TD4 RRS is nice................ even at a price. One thing though I bet that the prices of SVR Mk1 might hold up well with all the folks here who own one and waited for the 2018MY saying "oh not so sure I like it" now that they have seen it, think I'll hold on to what I have!

Regarding the wheels I would prefer to keep the style I have on my current car and swap them over to a new car than take any of the designs on offer. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #537297 Wed Oct 04 2017 4:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JPR

United Kingdom 

"

Quote:
One thing though I bet that the prices of SVR Mk1 might hold up well with all the folks here who own one and waited for the 2018MY saying "oh not so sure I like it" now that they have seen it, think I'll hold on to what I have!
"

Exact opposite for me, this facelift is everything it needed. Having just sold my SVR because i knew this was coming (and having a deposit on one since April) was the best thing i did and in the nick of time before a major price drop. The exterior needed revamping because its supposed to have performance pedigree and fake bonnet vents for me was just tacky, the headlights were 4 years out of date being the same ones launched on the RRS2, in 2013 the tech was rubbish and to compete with the Bentayga and Cayenne Turbo S, more BHP was needed which is now the case.

Its like anything new, everyone always hates before appreciates. Beleive me these will still sell well and it will soon be appreciated more much like the new facelifted vogue that is due to keep all designs/styles similar across the range. Current

McLAren 720s
2019 G63 AMG
2018 Bentayga

---------------------------------------------
Previous

2019 AMG GTR
2018 Urban SVR
2018 Urban FFRR
2018 AMG E63s Edition1
2018 SVR Rejected from Stratstone Teesside !
2017 G63 AMG 463 Edition
2017 M3 CP
2017 C63s AMG Edition 1 Motorsport
2016 RRS SVR
2016 Bentley GT Speed 626
2015 Audi RS6
2015 FFRR
2014 Bentley GTC V8
2014 Audi RS7
2011 Lumma CLR GT558
2014 BMW M3 F80
2010 BMW X5
2006 FFRR SC
2005 RRS HSE

Post #537317 Wed Oct 04 2017 5:36pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

To be honest, i know they are just small changes really but now the old model seems dated to me so i agree with JPR. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #537328 Wed Oct 04 2017 6:05pm
Renaco

Germany 

RRSman wrote:
Just watched the In control duo video and the screen does not tilt like the Velar - that is going to be a disaster as with a pan roof the sun glare is immense so getting a tilt is pretty much a must - big design error IMHO if this is the case!!

In general you are right assuming, but the velar dash is like a limousine with a different angle, so once the velar is tilt it has the same angle than the RRS in the fixed position. So no need for... Wink

Post #537330 Wed Oct 04 2017 6:20pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Will believe that when I see it - The Velar screen is very prone to reflections in whatever angle it is in and gets worse with finger prints... Whistle

Post #537334 Wed Oct 04 2017 6:50pm
Gavin Beecham

United Kingdom 

TDV8HST wrote:
To be honest, i know they are just small changes really but now the old model seems dated to me so i agree with JPR.

+one.
Looks a lot sharper now. Might even be tempted back into one now. Was following a 2014 today and was thinking it looked a little dated now.......

Post #537338 Wed Oct 04 2017 7:21pm
wilf

I configured one to an equivalent spec to my own vehicle. About £5k more than it was last week. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #537341 Wed Oct 04 2017 7:41pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up I like it mainly for the new headlights and grille. Just tried to replicate my 17MY spec and would have cost me an extra £5k, not taking into account what my trade in is worth now. However, well needed refresh and agree that the wheel options are terrible as well as charging for the same paint options that were free only a few months ago...but looks great!

Post #537352 Wed Oct 04 2017 8:18pm
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Renaco wrote:
RRSman wrote:
Just watched the In control duo video and the screen does not tilt like the Velar - that is going to be a disaster as with a pan roof the sun glare is immense so getting a tilt is pretty much a must - big design error IMHO if this is the case!!

In general you are right assuming, but the velar dash is like a limousine with a different angle, so once the velar is tilt it has the same angle than the RRS in the fixed position. So no need for... Wink

Not sure if the screen tilts like the Velar but this is from the Product Brief (page 67)

"30°range of motion from its stowed position to fully deployed (includes anti-trap feature)."

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #537355 Wed Oct 04 2017 8:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've specced up both an SDv6 HSEDynamic and an Si4 PHEV HSEDynamic - the SDv6 is cheaper but price doesn't include fixed pano roof but you can spec the lovely 22" style 5008 wheels that you cannot have on the PHEV. I can have a few more options on the SDv6 that I can't afford on the Si4 PHEV. I don't want the whistles and bells of the Autobiography. Interestingly the PHEV HSE seems to get a better version of the Meridian audio than the SDv6 version 19 speakers as opposed to 13 for the SDv6 version. I am worried about the tech in the PHEV, but as my other choice would be an IPace I might wait to see what Jaguar has to offer - at least with a PHEV you don't have Range anxiety like a full on EV would have, even if the iPace has a 310 mile charge range. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #537361 Wed Oct 04 2017 9:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leecccmk1

England 

Like you Tim I'm thinking avoid the hybrid till next time I change,for now I've ordered another diesel,I need a tow bar & it's not a option on the hybrid it seems,also no brembo brakes.
I like the changes so far but I think the paint prices are just ridiculous & I think somebody has run out of ideas in wheel design team

Post #537382 Thu Oct 05 2017 6:20am
timhum

United Kingdom 

It still has the 380mm brakes, the Brembo option was only a change in colour otherwise they are the same brake.
Tim

Post #537388 Thu Oct 05 2017 8:40am
kmpowell

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I've specced up both an SDv6 HSEDynamic and an Si4 PHEV HSEDynamic - the SDv6 is cheaper but price doesn't include fixed pano roof but you can spec the lovely 22" style 5008 wheels that you cannot have on the PHEV. I can have a few more options on the SDv6 that I can't afford on the Si4 PHEV. I don't want the whistles and bells of the Autobiography. Interestingly the PHEV HSE seems to get a better version of the Meridian audio than the SDv6 version 19 speakers as opposed to 13 for the SDv6 version. I am worried about the tech in the PHEV, but as my other choice would be an IPace I might wait to see what Jaguar has to offer - at least with a PHEV you don't have Range anxiety like a full on EV would have, even if the iPace has a 310 mile charge range.

I've also noticed the pan roof and Meridian spec bump on the PHEV. Last night I specced up how I would want a RRS PHEV and it comes in circa £84k. My specced 100D Tesla X comes in at £96k after incentives, however the RV on the Tesla is £52k after 4 years (not to mention the low 1.5%APR on the PCP!). My LR dealer says the RV's have not yet been announced for the PHEV, however he expects them to be "strong". It's going to be interesting to see where they set them, as EV residuals are rock solid right now. If the RRS PHEV is competitive I am certainly going to consider one. Hopefully by the time the order books open a few road tests will have appeared and some real world usage figures are released. The 100D X has a stated range of 351 miles, however in the real world it's around 280-300. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #537389 Thu Oct 05 2017 8:49am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

PHEV can't tow, it seems. A little speccing with what I consider to be required options in this type of vehicle and I got to £78k. That's a lot of money for a hugely capable 4x4 that can't tow...strangely it comes with the low range transfer box as standard. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #537421 Thu Oct 05 2017 1:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Violetpiano wrote:
Renaco wrote:
RRSman wrote:

Not sure if the screen tilts like the Velar but this is from the Product Brief (page 67)

"30°range of motion from its stowed position to fully deployed (includes anti-trap feature)."

Jas

AH thanks for that - I would think that means it does tilt - just funny how they made that a big deal on the Velar promos but not on the MY18 RRS promos Thumbs Up

Post #537426 Thu Oct 05 2017 2:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>