RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Underwhelmed by the Velar......
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

timhum

United Kingdom 

Certainly agree that its subjective Smile But then how much extra fun do the following provide, red painted calipers, bright pedals, illuminated treadplate, bigger wheels, different leather/headlining, low ratio gearbox which all add considerably to the price?
I think the big fun with the Velar is that its new and almost any version (except the 180bhp) would provide a great experience.
Still we're all different and thank goodness for it.
Tim

Post #537044 Tue Oct 03 2017 10:26am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Low ratio isn't a "fun" item, it's an essential item for some of us. Low range makes towing easier and safer in some circumstances. Low range makes off road work possible / easier / safer too.

Granted, most don't need low range but it is a useful thing rather than a cosmetic item like red brakes. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #537165 Tue Oct 03 2017 8:20pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Low Ratio is an essential much used facility to me and if not fitted wouldn’t touch the model. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #537185 Tue Oct 03 2017 9:12pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

It's not just for off-roading/towing either. I remember not making any progress at all on a steep, icy and snowy incline once ... until I selected low range. Tried everything else before that, including snow mode on TR and turning off DSC but nothing worked in those conditions. Low range got me out of there relatively effortlessly. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #537188 Tue Oct 03 2017 9:20pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Not test drive the velar yet but I've visited around 8 dealers across the country in the last 2 months, all have velars coming out of their ears in various specs except first editions I may add. I've been pushing for a deal on a run out my17 AB, which I'm nearly there with. Sales guys are telling me the pricing is killing them selling the velar & they are having to discount them straight away to get any volume of sales. The same statements are coming from them as what has been said on here, if you spec them at a decent level your into Rrs territory, I think this is the main reason an my18 AB Rrs is around £10k more expensive than the current model. At this rate if I do change into a my17 AB this will probably be my last new Rrs as I would not pay the money they want now, especially when the trade in prices are getting so low.

Post #537586 Fri Oct 06 2017 8:31pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123