RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 8 12345678>

irfan1712

United Kingdom 
2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?

Hello all

well, long story short we are looking to upgrade from our 4 series gran coupe for something bigger, similar to an X5 we had previously.

I sat down with a chap in Stratstone Cardiff to discuss my options and ive basically decided to go the whole hog, and go for a brand new one with a good deposit and then HP the remainder.

The spec ive decided on is quite healthy, compromising of (forgive me as ive just copied and pasted from the spec sheet):

EXTERIOR COLOURS: Santorini Black (Metallic)
ROOF OPTIONS: Body coloured full size sliding panoramic roof
INTERIOR CHOICES: Ebony/Ivory with Ivory Seats - Oxford with Autobiography Pattern
FINISHERS Extended Grand Black veneer£780.00
HEADLINING: Ebony Alston headlining

WHEELS 22" 5 split-spoke 'Style 508' with Satin Black finish£1,245.00
ROOF OPTIONS Body coloured full size sliding panoramic roof£0
BRAKES AND CALIPERS Red Brembo™ Brake Calipers with 380mm front and 365mm rear discs£0
GLASS Laminated Front Door, Toughened Rear Door and Quarter Light Glass
HEADLAMPS Adaptive Xenon Headlamps With LED Signature with Automatic High Beam Assist (AHBA)£315.00
EXTERIOR STYLING Body-coloured side sills and bumpers£0

WHEEL OPTIONS Full size spare wheel£260.00
CONVENIENCE Park Assist – Parallel Park, Parking Exit and Perpendicular Park£900.00
CONVENIENCE Surround Camera System£725.00
CONVENIENCE Soft Door Close£460.00
INTERIOR FEATURES Heated and cooled front and rear seats£520.00
SEATING 20-way electric front seats with memory and massage£1,035.00
MULTIMEDIA Dual View Touchscreen£625.00
MULTIMEDIA MeridianTM Reference Sound System£4,140.00

Now i know there will be a face lift version in mid 2018 coming, so with this in mind i see a few people over the course of this year on the forums have had some decent discounts.

Landrover are currently offering a £2k discount. I've looked on things like carwow and dealers around the country are offering around 5.8% discount (which included £1500 of standard land rover discount) which overall equals to about £5k off a AB.

has anyone bettered this and any advice with what i can return to my dealer with RE a % discount?

any other advice is also welcome.
thanks
Irfan

Post #535227 Wed Sep 13 2017 3:35pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Hi there, I have been told from one dealer that any new factory orders placed now could end up being delivered as my18 cars, the same dealer said that the run out last of the my17's were probably all in build for stock, if you push stratstone & the other big groups they may have actual built stock cars that are near your spec for demo etc, if you take one of these this month, i.e. Registered in September, you should get at least 10% off but looking at your spec I doubt they will have an AB with as many options built for stock although you maybe lucky and get a cancelled order?

If you are only getting £2k off the factory build I would wait and get a definite my18 as another dealer did tell me that my17 car orders are still being taken? Typical LR don't know what to believe!

Good luck anyway

Malc

Post #535239 Wed Sep 13 2017 5:11pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?

irfan1712 wrote:

Now i know there will be a face lift version in mid 2018 coming, so with this in mind i see a few people over the course of this year on the forums have had some decent discounts.

Landrover are currently offering a £2k discount. I've looked on things like carwow and dealers around the country are offering around 5.8% discount (which included £1500 of standard land rover discount) which overall equals to about £5k off a AB.

has anyone bettered this and any advice with what i can return to my dealer with RE a % discount?

thanks
Irfan

I got £6,000 off a fully loaded SDV8 A/B with a 1 March delivery (which cost £96,000 before discount), plus £1,500 LR contribution for taking a loan (which I didn't want/need so paid back the same day and kept the contribution).

Post #535287 Wed Sep 13 2017 9:56pm
irfan1712

United Kingdom 

hi mate,

i have put money down to secure a build slot on a £92k A/B 3.0SDV6 - i had £4k off, plus the £1500 LR constribution, and i also wangled in a 5 year servicing plan.

This will also be a facelift car (MY18) and not a MY17 car which i've based my order on. this means some options may change, if so i will be given a heads up as soon as the official spec sheet is released for the MY18 car in order to chop and change smaller options. i.e Xenon to LED headlights, perhaps.

One thing i've been told is a January delivery as opposed to your March delivery though..

Post #535994 Wed Sep 20 2017 2:11pm
laser2006

United Kingdom 

How do you know you will be getting the facelift? i didn't think there was any info about this yet, i have a AB ordered 5 weeks ago and they expect delivery in October,

Post #536082 Thu Sep 21 2017 12:14pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Irfan I can tell you now that your dealer has done this to take your money! The MY18 will have major price increases on options. Many things standard on the MY17 like paint colours and trim will now cost. This has happened with the MY16 and MY17 Evoque too and now that they charge for pretty much every extra on a Velar I am pretty sure they will do on the new RRS too!

So for your dealer to take on order based on a MY17 price is simply not an option IMHO.

Post #536749 Sat Sep 30 2017 9:12am
irfan1712

United Kingdom 

Appreciate the replies

i can only go off what the sales manager was telling me. I expressed your exact concerns above and made it clear iw ont be amused if there is a price hike hidden up their sleeve.

However i was promised that while they couldn't 'fix' the price, the like for like options wont change on my car.

as my example I've opted for adaptive xenons, if these are dropped in replace of LEDs, then i of course will expect to pay the difference. If the M18 car offers 'more' than a MY17 car and i havent opted for it, but do want it, then i will expect to pay more. If however the spec i have ordered now, has magically increased on a MY18 car even though its identical, then i will certainly be refusing to pay anything additional. But i cant see it coming to that.

My order is definitely for a MY18 car. I think the one detail im not quite convinced by is a late January delivery time, but we'll soon see.

cheers
Irfan

Post #536910 Mon Oct 02 2017 8:13am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

The 18mdl will definitely have a price increase even if you have placed a deposit you will still have to pay the increase. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #536954 Mon Oct 02 2017 3:51pm
RRLAD

United Kingdom 

I ordered a new SVR in June and have been invited Friday to Solihull for specification discussion .. been told it's an MY18 but not yet confirmed..

Post #536982 Mon Oct 02 2017 8:08pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Sounds good. Let us know Friday.Thx. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #537020 Tue Oct 03 2017 8:05am
irfan1712

United Kingdom 

Land Rover UK posted several videos yesterday on the MY18 cars at last:

Highlights seem to be:

-New front bumper (SVR's bumper looks a lot more aggressive, with a carbon fiber bonnet which im not feeling)
-New rear lower apron, housing larger tailpipes which sit slightly more central as found on the velar
-New LED headlights with (i imagine) optional laser beam assist
-'3D' style rear taillights
-Sweeping indicators
-New wheels, ones in the vid look like they can be spec'd on the velar too SVR also has new wheels.
-interior - different style and pattern of seats, looks to be a new colour combo too
-Dual touch pro - dual touch screens as found in the velar
-Engines all remain as they are, with the exception of a new 400bhp Petrol/Elec Hybrid

One thing i want to find out is if they offer an 'SVO' styling package for the RRS. I seen an ' SVO'd ' FFRR at the Cardiff dealership which was just a 3.0 SDV6 and it looked fantastic, allthough it was a £12k option.

Safe to say im pleased with the facelift looking at those videos. Will look to sit with my dealer when they have more info on spec and options to see what i would like to keep or change.

Roll on January!

Post #537230 Wed Oct 04 2017 8:45am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Irfan just curious to know are you still getting the £4K off, £1500 deposit contribution & free service plan on the my18 car? If you are that's s good deal as no one else has been offered any discount on these as far as I know? That's the reason I've bought a my17 AB That was my exact spec even though it was from dealer stock, I'm getting 9% off an £87k car plus the same spec my18 costs £10k more! Won't pay £17k more overall for the new one l'm arfaid.

Post #537672 Sat Oct 07 2017 8:01pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

Hi all

irfan here - long story short, my irfan1712 account was registered to a work email, of which i have now left the company and foolishly forgot my password as it was auto logged in lol. so now I'm on this.

Anyway from the top.

Car was ordered, we achieved circa £5k off the car in the end and i managed to wangle in a 5 year service plan. Im happy with that really.

Spec wise the car is as the list on the first post, although i did drop the cooled rear seats. i also added the super duper laser pixel matrix LED headlights, superseding the adaptive xenons. Interior is still Ebony/Ivory but the two tone style has now changed which i quite like! also stuck with the 22'' wheels in gloss black, not quite a nice choice of wheels as the mY17 in my opinion but I'm sure these will grow on me in person.

So.. had the phone call today. My car is being delivered to my local dealer tomorrow, which means we can go and see it Friday. assuming we are happy with the car, we can then collect it monday (although id rather just take it there and then on Friday!).

Very excited to see the car but honestly I'm quite nervous about LR ownership the more I'm reading into current L494 owners problems and issues. The current customer contact/service i've had from the dealer in question has been absolutely appalling so far - the salesman i have been dealing with has not assured me spending £90k+ with LR is a correct move as of yet.

Will update Friday.
Irfan

Post #544719 Wed Jan 03 2018 9:56pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Re: 2017 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Order. Discounts?

donny dog wrote:
irfan1712 wrote:

thanks
Irfan

I got £6,000 off a fully loaded SDV8 A/B with a 1 March delivery (which cost £96,000 before discount), plus £1,500 LR contribution for taking a loan (which I didn't want/need so paid back the same day and kept the contribution).

Hello mate, does that trick of paying the loan of the same day and still getting the LR finance contribution actually work. i was told that the discount comes in after the cool off period has ended so that it stops people from doing this. Am i wrong ?

Post #544721 Wed Jan 03 2018 10:02pm
rox10h

United Kingdom 

hi bud,

i wasn't aware of it being withheld till after the cool off period - so i'd have assumed you could have cleared the finance more or less next day.

however.. when i originally went in (hence my first post up top) with regards to buying a MY17 car, there was the offer of the £1500 contribution. LR aren't honouring this on the MY18 cars. I kicked up a fuss because my intention was originally a MY17 car, i was basically told to place an order and expect whatever came out the other end. so with that said, i basically told them i don't have an issue paying more for an updated car, but that £1500 i was going to get off, needs to come off the MY18 car.

and it did. Didn't half have to rock the 'uckin boat though. It took weeks and weeks and phone call after Censored phone call just to finalise the price!

Post #544724 Wed Jan 03 2018 10:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 8 12345678>