RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Adding LR Warranty?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sit

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red
Adding LR Warranty?

So I spoke to local LR dealer today about a car I am looking at, they originally sold it to first owner then second owner who just p/exd it back in but due to age and mileage they traded it on, however it has been fully serviced by them throughout.

They told me I could pay £50+vat for a health check and if it gets thumbs up I can buy a LR warranty, few questions -

Is it really that simple or are they going to try and find a million things wrong?
Which LR product can I buy?
What is the anticipated cost for this warranty?

In people's experience is it worth doing this or better looking at Warranty Direct?

Si

Post #536676 Thu Sep 28 2017 9:09pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

It is correct re inspection, but if there are faults they will find them on a 168 point check and error codes etc.
The first two covers are excellent but the third you are IMO best looking elsewhere.

There are three different LR warranties available.

1. For LR Approved motor vehicles purchased through a LR dealer and must be under 5 Years old and less than 100,000 miles. Comes included for 2 years cover.

2. The LR Enhanced Warranty which is generally the best available if you can't get the first type. Open to vehicles under 100,000 miles, full LR service history, no age limit, best cover of parts, all Europe Roadside Assistance, MOT warranty, maximum claim is cost of car purchased. Cost up to £1300+ PA. (You don't have to have breakdown cover which reduces price).

3. Standard cover, but misses out a lot of items, but covered items are listed, this is the cheapest cover by LR, and strict limits on payout which doesn't cover many things, due to low maximum limit of cover. Under 100,000 miles at time of taking out.

None of above is a direct LR owned warranty but covered through a insurance company operated by/for LR. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536678 Thu Sep 28 2017 10:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1