RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Is this acceptable as approved used from dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I had a similar experience having bought my 2014 car in March this year. I registered for the on-line service history, only to find an alert saying that it was 512 days overdue for a service. I asked the supplying dealer and they had serviced it (at their other branch) last January and not bothered to update the record. I asked them to do so and it is now updated.

However, the dates given contradict the sticker in the windscreen that they stuck in when I bought it. That suggests a service is due in November. The charitable side of me wants to think that they are just incompetent. Another side thinks that they are cynical and fabricate any old story up to fit the moment, thinking that you will be dazzled by the ipads provided to occupy you whilst they search for your car keys.

That was just a postscript to the whole buying experience. Suffice to say that I shall never be darkening their door again. Wish I had never gone near them in the first place.

The whole notion of on-line service records is just plain daft as it is no assurance that work has been done, or not done, or that a record has been kept, or not kept of same.

Last edited by Black Bess on Thu Sep 21 2017 3:57pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #535987 Wed Sep 20 2017 1:54pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

On the dent, you do realise that virtually no dealer has a body shop anymore. They are all outsourced. Chips and dents go out to people like "chips-away" so if they do want you to contribute money to the repair then you might as well go to Chips Away yourself. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #536092 Thu Sep 21 2017 3:24pm
G100TT

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

This was my point. If I took the car directly to somewhere like 'chips away' and the vehicle is still under warranty how on earth would JLR know that I had done that?

On the other point I registered for Topix to check my vehicle but frankly dont see any service history at all on that site or am I being stupid and looking in the wrong place?

Post #536098 Thu Sep 21 2017 4:40pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

You have to register for LR service history separately and LR then send you a code to use to access your service/maintainance and repair history. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #536123 Thu Sep 21 2017 10:02pm
G100TT

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Well JLR eventually got their act together. Scratch fixed and deployable step repaced under warranty.

I did also mention 'In Control' problem...another thread on this site I know.... and it was just brushed off with the fact that everyone all over the country is having problems and JLR are trying to fix it.

Not really good enough methinks.

Post #539198 Wed Oct 25 2017 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123