RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Invalidating Approved Used Warranty via botched repair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Freeman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Invalidating Approved Used Warranty via botched repair

Dear forum members,

A big hello and nice to meet everyone. This is my first post although I have been a silent lurker for some time. I've always admired the RRS but have only recently been lucky enough to purchase one.

I would like to get some advise and any help will be appreciated.

I purchased an approved used 15 plate autobiography 3 weeks ago. A few days ago I managed to smash my rear end fog lights by reversing into a low bollard.

I gave a call to the local Land Rover dealer and they said that their garage was fully booked for the next 3 weeks as they are really busy with deliveries due to the new 67 plates.

I was not willing to wait 3 weeks and thought I had a eureka moment, or so i thought. I googled fog lights and managed to find an original fog light from a 100% feedback ebay motor seller and thought I can just pop by the local garage to fit it. I mean how hard can it be to replace a fog light right? Wrong!

The fog light arrived in pristine new condition and it had all the original Range Rover part packaging. I was really busy and left my car with the local garage today for a few hours and when I came back the fog light was fitted in but there are small gaps as it is not fitted perfectly into the fog light slot.

The bumper and light both have scratches which I assume was because they probably just left the bumper and fog light on the ground without thinking they might scratch it. This isn't the biggest worry for me as this can likely be polished.

I regretted deeply and thought I'm not going to trust these guys to fix it and I will bring it back to my range rover dealer to sort out later.

However I suddenly thought about the time my friend invalidated his computer warranty when he opened up the laptop and tried to fix it himself. It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't use a land rover dealer and this might invalidate my approved used warranty as even my untrained eye can tell that a botched job was done on the fog lights.

My question will be:-

1) Will this invalidate my warranty
2) Are there any non dealers I can approach to fix this problem to prevent Land Rover finding out and invalidating my approved warranty? Any other relevant advise will be much appreciated.

I do apologise for the wall of text and thank you in advance for any help.

Post #536046 Wed Sep 20 2017 9:08pm
geoffsnook

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Java Black

First of all take it back and get the garage to fit it properly and to remove the scratches from the bumper see what they say then go from there Thumbs Up

Post #536068 Thu Sep 21 2017 8:42am
DrRob

United Kingdom 

I'd be spitting feathers and be playing hell with the garage to sort the scratches! Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #536070 Thu Sep 21 2017 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1