RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Is this acceptable as approved used from dealer?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

You can hear them operate, but I wouldn't call them noisy. It is a normal functioning sound.

Post #535044 Mon Sep 11 2017 7:27pm
HossBog

United Kingdom 

Mine aren't at all noisy, I'd go so far to say they are barely audible. Sounds like another point to support your claim!

Good luck!

Post #535064 Tue Sep 12 2017 8:05am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

As above you hear them operate but not excessively noisy in my opinion, noticed at the weekend when I cleaned mine that my drivers side one is similar to yours, I'll leave it over the winter and claim replacements at next service, mine is only a year old with 8k miles on, bad job when the coating wears on a step just by standing on it as you are supposed to!

Post #535114 Tue Sep 12 2017 5:52pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

If it's a genuine LR side steps and any parts supplied by LR they all now carry a 2 year Guarantee, so you can, age dependant, get them changed that way.
For anyone with LR parts problem within 2 years, I would advise not to leave it once spotted, report asap and get it sorted. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #535276 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:46pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

I was told that if they fit them from delivery as mine were, they have the full 3 year warranty? Mine will only be 1.5 years old in may when the service will be due & I will be pushing for replacements then!

Post #535277 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:49pm
Johnski

In that case, I would suggest to report before hand if possible, so that they can order and replace them hopefully at the same time as service. Not normally kept in stock. Smile John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #535279 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:52pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Yes good advice thanks, will save me running back & forward to dealers again!

Cheers

Malc

Post #535308 Thu Sep 14 2017 6:39am
G100TT

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Update to my situation following emails to dealer they agreed to my contacting my local JLR dealership and get them to replace sidestep under warranty so I have visited them and they have taken photos and am waiting for the decision which they say will be 2 weeks.
The interior problem I have dealt with using autoglym interior shampoo.
The chip on the rear of the car the dealer has said that they will look at if I'm that way ( over 100 miles from my home) so I'm thinking maybe local dealer sort and send them the bill!
I cleaned it today and not being big headed but think it looks a hundred times better now than when I picked it up (I am a bit anal when it comes to car cleaning though).

Post #535681 Sun Sep 17 2017 6:09pm
Johnski

Watch getting dent repaired as it can void LR warranty if not done by them (LR). Please check with LR before you proceed elsewhere, regardless of what "your" dealer says. Paint warranty is also void if not done by LR workshop reading warranty T&C. John

Post #535701 Sun Sep 17 2017 8:09pm
G100TT

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Re the repair can someone advise how LR would know if the scratch had been done elsewhere?
This has always baffled me.

Post #535709 Sun Sep 17 2017 9:35pm
Johnski

It states/should state on your service and warranty book, and on computer service record of any bodywork repairs and Paint corrections etc undertaken by LR dealerships.. John

Post #535765 Mon Sep 18 2017 12:50pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

John,

That depends on your dealer and if they ever enter the data into the data base. My car was serviced at the end of last May. I had occasion to look through the LR Online Service History the other day and found that there was no data entered for this year, only PDI and first year's service. Since the first service the dealership has been taken over, and now it appears to have taken on the standards of a Ford dealership (which they also own!). No entry for the second service in the LR Online Service History. Called them and they tried to tell me that this database is not used by dealers any more and that they only use Topix (where they had acknowledged the service undertaken). After arguing for 3 days they eventually input the data, but had a real fight with them. Crazy thing is that they shall most likely end up owning the vehicle next year when it will go in part exchange. I guess they'll make up all sorts of information then!

Anyone else had this experience?

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #535767 Mon Sep 18 2017 1:42pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Not exactly, but six months after I traded in my last RR the (same) dealer rang up and asked me when and where it was serviced the time before last, i.e. 18 months previously (at their garage was the answer!) Shocked

Post #535771 Mon Sep 18 2017 2:03pm
Johnski

JOCK55 wrote:
John,

That depends on your dealer and if they ever enter the data into the data base. My car was serviced at the end of last May. I had occasion to look through the LR Online Service History the other day and found that there was no data entered for this year, only PDI and first year's service. Since the first service the dealership has been taken over, and now it appears to have taken on the standards of a Ford dealership (which they also own!). No entry for the second service in the LR Online Service History. Called them and they tried to tell me that this database is not used by dealers any more and that they only use Topix (where they had acknowledged the service undertaken). After arguing for 3 days they eventually input the data, but had a real fight with them. Crazy thing is that they shall most likely end up owning the vehicle next year when it will go in part exchange. I guess they'll make up all sorts of information then!

Anyone else had this experience?

Old Jock

Jock, that is extremely bad of your dealership, as it can reduce the resale value and trade in price in the future.
It is meant to be a condition of franchise, more so with new cars as no longer paper documents, that they enter all details as part of the franchise agreement. I would tend to report this, as at charges what they charge as well, they have plenty of time to keep records up to date.
Have others had this problem as Jock has mentioned? I checked mine and it has everything listed on it not just services. It could explain why some get poor part ex prices if this carries on. John

Last edited by Johnski on Mon Sep 18 2017 11:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #535825 Mon Sep 18 2017 7:08pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

My garage had no doubt made the same mistake/omission, at least that is my interpretation of them having to ring me to ask when and where a 'missing' service was done - their records must be appalling in some cases.

Post #535828 Mon Sep 18 2017 7:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>