Post Reply  Down to end
Page 39 of 41 <123 ... 38 394041>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, and I'll have to get a FFRR as well to make the full set! Wink Laughing

Post #532162 Sun Aug 06 2017 12:51pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I only have 1 and even that just sits on the driveway for 5 days most weeks Embarassed Works tirelessly on the weekends and holidays though. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #532165 Sun Aug 06 2017 2:46pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I only do about 6,000 miles a year in all of them put together! Waste of money really.....but fun.

Post #532169 Sun Aug 06 2017 4:13pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I'm just reading Ben Fogle's book Land Rover and he tells me that the 26 engineering development prototypes of a new Land Rover in 1969 (ultimately to become the Range Rover) were called the Velar as a decoy in case they were spotted in road tests. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #533753 Thu Aug 24 2017 10:46pm
BKHK

Australia 

So living about as far away from Blighty as possible, my local stealer called me yesterday arvo and said that they had a Velar in the showroom. I am under mild pressure from Mrs BKHK to go down to 1 car and it needs to be an SUV for practical purposes. Since it was late night opening, I jumped in my (new) old V8 steed and drove the 2km to meet Velar. There it was, resplendent in white, a D300 with R Dynamic pack. I expected to be absolutely blown away by the car. Indeed, its beautiful, a real looker.

But it felt small, the seats were OK but quite narrow, rear seat room was a little disappointing. It sure looks sporty, shallow glass line looks great and the TFTs make everything except a Tesla look old. Delivery of a P380 would be January and I went to see Velar with a view to slapping down a deposit contingent on a drive (embargoed until 21 September here).

But I didn't get my cash out last night. I jumped back into my (new) old RRS1 and the intoxicating burble of the V8 on the short drive home kind of convinced me that a P380 Velar may not be what I want, because I think I want a V8SC RRS2 more, I seem to be over by RRS2 bumophobia. My stealer said that the MY18 RRS will have more of a Velar bum, especially around the diffuser and exhausts?

I love having the choice between the surgical weapon of the M3 or the comfort of the RRS. I have been firmly in the Bavarian camp for a while now. Being a speed freak, even the X5/X6M was on the list (I love M cars) but having unexpectedly come back to an RRS which I bought as my runaround car, I think I am hooked again. BC and Ady had better watch out, JLR might yet get them back......although I think old Muddy is genuinely cured and consigned to the PHEV and PHEXUS for good.

Post #534733 Thu Sep 07 2017 3:38pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I read in this week's Autocar that they have now found a Velar that they like........ the 3.0ltr V6 R-Sport HSE - it beat the new Q7 and the outgoing version of the Porsche Cayenne on every front. They have made a big issue over the price of the 4 cylinder engined cars and they started out on the same track with the one they had on the group test and found that to bring the other two cars up to Velar's standard spec (it appears their test car had no options) would make the Q7 a bit more expensive and the Porsche a huge amount more expensive than the Velar HSE v6 diesel. They loved just about everything about the bigger engined Velar no no mention of the crappy plastic trim of the lesser models that they have tested previously..... makes me wonder if LR has leaned on Autocar to give the car a decent review. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #535337 Thu Sep 14 2017 1:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Funny as i came away thinking it was not such a great review. Was not impressed with the 3.0SC engine which seems to drink fuel at the same rate as the SVR with out that car effortlessness.
No for me i will stick with a Sport. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #535353 Thu Sep 14 2017 2:40pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It's odd that they put it up against the Cayenne. That would normally be seen as RRS2 territory. The Q7 is also an odd comparison as that is a big 7 seat bus.

The Cayenne is due a refresh soon, I believe, so the new one might change their vote.

Click image to enlarge

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-s...vamped-suv 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #535378 Thu Sep 14 2017 5:32pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing yes the Velar is horrible, it's apalling even though in 3.0d guise it's better than anything else out there please don't buy one (so that mine can remain as rare as hens teeth) Wink

Said it earlier and will say it again - JLR completely Censored up the marketing of this car to launch it with 2.0d engines!! This car should have been what the X6 is to the X5 i.e a RRS Coupe as in 3.0d it's magnificent. It's way above an evoque in ride, driving dynamics and tech so they killed themselves by saying this sits between the Evoque and Sport. The SVR version will be insane!

If RRS launched with a 2.0d and priced at £70k odd I'm Pretty sure the press reviews would have been the same!

Thread resurrected bring on the Velar bashers Rolling with laughter

Last edited by RRSman on Thu Sep 14 2017 8:35pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #535384 Thu Sep 14 2017 6:40pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Is there's a 1.8 Velar as well Question Shocked Question Shocked Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #535388 Thu Sep 14 2017 7:44pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Not really no it's the 1999cc unit but giving out 180BHP. Bloody stupid idea IMHO!

Post #535398 Thu Sep 14 2017 8:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Cayene that Autocar pitted against it was the V8 Diesel too................ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #535406 Thu Sep 14 2017 9:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timhum

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Not really no it's the 1999cc unit but giving out 180BHP. Bloody stupid idea IMHO!

Entirely agree but loads of people seem to think that a Disco Sport with 150 bhp is plenty, takes all sorts I suppose and LR has to cater to them all.
Tim

Post #535413 Thu Sep 14 2017 9:42pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I read in this week's Autocar that they have now found a Velar that they like........ the 3.0ltr V6 R-Sport HSE - it beat the new Q7 and the outgoing version of the Porsche Cayenne on every front. They have made a big issue over the price of the 4 cylinder engined cars and they started out on the same track with the one they had on the group test and found that to bring the other two cars up to Velar's standard spec (it appears their test car had no options) would make the Q7 a bit more expensive and the Porsche a huge amount more expensive than the Velar HSE v6 diesel. They loved just about everything about the bigger engined Velar no no mention of the crappy plastic trim of the lesser models that they have tested previously..... makes me wonder if LR has leaned on Autocar to give the car a decent review.

The motoring press are far from impartial in my opinion. They suck up to as many manufacturers as they can so that they get first go in new models. Autocar and Evo are terrible at this, the only one who says as it as it is, is Chris Harris in his blogs so much so certain manufacturers threatened to ban him from reviewing their cars.

Post #535417 Thu Sep 14 2017 9:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Saw my first Velar on the road today. Sat behind it in traffic for a couple of minutes before realising what it was. So not strikingly different to its stable mates from behind. Looked ok from the side when I eventually overtook it. Front end looked huge.

Was surprised by the ground clearance. Looked to have decent clearance. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #536119 Thu Sep 21 2017 8:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 39 of 41 <123 ... 38 394041>