RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > ICT and other issues on MY17 RRS2 - scaremongering or fact?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sp13l

England 
ICT and other issues on MY17 RRS2 - scaremongering or fact?

So, I have a 3,0 HSE RRS MY17 Built Sept and to be collected next week and some of the 'gremlins' that I have read about and the rejection stories I have read are making me nervous.

I am coming out of a BMW 640D and have not had one problem with it. Great car, just not practical with 2 6 foot teenagers and a newly acquired puppy.

I returned to RR having owned a 2008 RRS HSE and a 2014 Evoque Dynamic in the past - both of which i will add had been on the whole good problem free cars, so, RRS was the natural choice for me.

I fully appreciate that all marques have their issues/ rogue cars. So, i am hoping that the knowledge in this forum can provide me with some comfort that the majority of owners are not seeing issues or if there are issues, what to look out for.

Trying to ward of some potential future grief from the missus as no doubt, if there are problems, it will be all my fault.

Thanks in advance

Post #535255 Wed Sep 13 2017 6:42pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Majority of problems seem to be down to software problems that JLR "cannot"? sort and seems to effect all the latest marques, but some customers haven't had any issues at all, where as others have returned for refund or replacement.
On the FFRR site many stories and a few on here.

Would recommend that you check operations of all electrics, Phone, BT, Pro App, Maps, entertainment, Park assist etc. fully, and report any errors immediately. There was a recent software update, so ensure that's been done to.

They are great cars when working, so hopefully you will be ok, so just enjoy the ride and driving fun, and have a great time on off road experience. Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Wed Sep 13 2017 8:49pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #535273 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:30pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Obviously don't want to jinx it... But this is my 6th factory order RRS in as many years.
My latest is a MY17.5 and is the best yet....13 days in and absolutely no gremlins, issues or even slight niggles.

I'm sure you will be happy with your choice, just enjoy it! Happy Motoring! Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #535275 Wed Sep 13 2017 8:44pm
Sp13l

England 

I originally posted this prior to taking delivery. As you may see from my post AEB unavailable, the gremlins are here. My gut was to walk away from the buying process beofre I took delivery but I really did feel that the stories on here were relatively rare. So I am either unlucky, or as I see in some cases, people are living with the problems.

It goes in for 'repair' on Thursday after less than 400 miles and two weeks of ownership. I assume that any upgrades needed will be done or do I need to specifically ask for these to be done?

Beginning to wish I had stuck to my issue-free years with BMW (3 cars over 7 years - no problems)

Post #538437 Mon Oct 16 2017 1:53pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It amazes me that a vehicle can leave the factory with anything other than the very latest software update versions installed. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #538438 Mon Oct 16 2017 2:05pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Sp13l this is one reason I have ordered a new my17 AB instead of going for the new my18, that & the price increase/loss of discount etc, I was hoping the tech gremlins in the ict system were all resolved, good thing for me is I'm buying from a dealer within 80miles from where I live for a change, I'm hoping it will be trouble free, like my last my16.5 hse dynamic, but if it is a Friday night car it will be rejected, fingers crossed yours is sorted out asap & mine has no issues!

Malc

Post #538442 Mon Oct 16 2017 3:14pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

I've not had any issues, the only gripe I have on my MY17 AB is that the ICTP is a bit laggy especially on the Navigation side of things. Generally reponds about 10 seconds after pressing the touch screen when selecting some things but the functionality side of it is fine all the google map views etc all work. Also whoever designed the music player obviously never listens to music in the car stored on a USB stick, not being able search for an Artist or Album is a nuisance as you have to scroll through them all until you find what you want which on a 32GB flash drive can take a while.

Will have a play with a car with Touch Duo in a year or so once it is bedded in as this would be my only reason to change my car to the Facelift pior to a new model in 4 or 5 years.

Post #538518 Tue Oct 17 2017 1:47pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Holmesy, I'm surprised at this, my 16.5year car had the old ict which did lag but worked ok, however I was led to believe the new my 17 ict had no lag but did have other gremlins? As I said I'd hoped through various updates these were all now resolved but it looks like I'll just have to wait & see.

Post #538519 Tue Oct 17 2017 2:48pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

It’s better but if you are expecting smartphone responsiveness then you will be disappointed, it’s just the Navgation section that seems to have the lag, the rest seems ok.

Post #538521 Tue Oct 17 2017 3:16pm
paulmoz10

United Kingdom 

I have the same lag on my17.5 nav system too

Post #539217 Wed Oct 25 2017 8:26pm
mudmover

United Kingdom 
2017 Rangee

I cant speak highly enough of our Rangee...Not a single issue to report with 3.5K miles...

Sadly the Mrs wont drive it as she is too nervous!!

Post #539434 Fri Oct 27 2017 12:18pm
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

Out of interest are you on iphone or windows / android phone?

Post #540339 Tue Nov 07 2017 5:48pm
Chris-52

United Kingdom 

Hey SP13l
My Autobiography is coming up to 12 months old with no faults. Don’t worry, enjoy it. It’s a fabulous car, and definitely do the LR Experience 😎

Post #540347 Tue Nov 07 2017 8:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1