RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Patience finally worn out
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Steve_rrs

United Kingdom 
Patience finally worn out

Beautiful car, but materially let down by poor quality & terrible dealer experience.

Appreciate it might just be my bad luck Big Cry , and other marques have their own challenges, but I've owned enough cars to recognise (at last) that the RRS experience is not for me.

2-yrs from new / 17k miles
- Fuel tank slap not corrected prior to handover, despite specifically querying ahead of time (not a great start)
- Saggy seat leather - steamed x2 & then replaced - still looks baggy & surface wearing badly on side bolsters
- LR Experience day - systems in the demo RRS failed - limp home mode
- Key-less entry module failure left me stranded for a day
- Advised that front Parking sensors could not be set permanently on (handbook error BS) After 6-months a SW fix rectified
- Dashboard cover for HUD unit warped, requiring replacement
- Provided with a FFRR whilst other work was underway, which proceeded to have a power steering failure Censored
- Valet/detail provided as consolation - during which they managed to scuff a swirl mark into the paint on the bonnet
- Fuel sender unit left me + 5-yr old stranded on another occasion & it took 2 weeks for car fix, due to 27 other recovered vehicles in the queue ahead or me?!?
- Car returned by Dealer in an appalling state, including 5 pence sized hold in the spare wheel cover?!? Returned for fix - during which Dealer seems to have lost locking wheel nut
- Air con that of smells of old socks - despite several anti bac system flushes
- Etc

Now I write it down, I can't believe I've hung around this long - oh well - I'm off to the Swedes (Chinese Very Happy )

Post #535092 Tue Sep 12 2017 3:14pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear Steve. I would be well and truly Censored off as well. Good luck with the new car. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #535100 Tue Sep 12 2017 4:29pm
Steve_rrs

United Kingdom 

Thank you sir Thumbs Up

Post #535108 Tue Sep 12 2017 5:55pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Intersting about the seat, mines fine so far and was worried, but all good. Sorry to hear your tales of woe, good luck....Imlove my Sport Thumbs Up Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #535140 Tue Sep 12 2017 8:55pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sorry to read what you've been through Steve - I totally understand Sad

Went through similar experience with 3 vehicles in 3 years before I gave up on LRs - loved em since I was a kid and bought 9 but no way I'm coming back any time soon reading others experiences on LR forums Rolling Eyes

Hope the Volvo is everything you hoped and remember to share pics and experience with us here Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #535145 Tue Sep 12 2017 10:07pm
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I have to say that my L494 is a big disappointment after the L320 sport that I had for 9 years previously. I should have road tested it further, then I would never have bought it!

I am fed up with the pointless electronic frippery, which doesn`t work properly anyway, along with the poor road dynamics of electric power steering with no feedback whatsoever and increased body roll compared with the old car. A week in the lanes of South Devon in August revealed that the car did not manage hills (especially in reverse) nearly so well as the old car.

I am interested to hear about your front parking sensors. Mine will allow you to drive right into a solid object, like a parked car, without ever activating. The old ones counted you in helpfully. Pointless.

I am now looking for a car with more 'grin factor' and considering a Defender. Or some Japanese dependability.

Post #535174 Wed Sep 13 2017 9:53am
Steve_rrs

United Kingdom 

Hi BB,

You should be able to activate the front parking sensors to stay permanently on by pressing the Parking Aid switch for 3 seconds, or going into the Parking aid system on the main menu.

Thereafter the front sensors should remain active at speeds <10Km/h.

Prior to the SW update in 2016, the "auto-on" would re-set to "off" after the ignition had been switched off for a couple of hours. Which was entirely contrary to the owners handbook.

Anyhoo... there's some great contributors on this site, offering excellent tips for optimising the RRS experience Bow down

Volvo forums seem much more sedate - no surprise I guess Rolling with laughter

Post #535204 Wed Sep 13 2017 1:13pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Shame to hear this, but I think people would agree, you've endured a lot, so hardly surprising,

I guess the Volvo forum is sedate and also nobody posting after 7pm as they are all tucked up with their cocoa Whistle Rolling with laughter

Joking aside, are you getting an XC90? Great car if so, came very close to getting one but went for the current Merc instead. ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #535205 Wed Sep 13 2017 1:42pm
Steve_rrs

United Kingdom 

Yep - XC90 Inscription Pro.

And although its entirely subjective, I do think the interior on the Volvo looks better than the RRS, & the infotainment will be much superior to the 1990's OS in the RRS Laughing

Exterior styling on the RRS was spot on though, so I'll miss that.

Recent addition of twins (plus one already) means we'll make good use of the XC90's 7-seats - also means the Volvo 7pm "curfew" is most welcome Thumbs Up

All the best

Post #535208 Wed Sep 13 2017 1:54pm
Black Bess

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Steve_rrs wrote:
Hi BB,

You should be able to activate the front parking sensors to stay permanently on by pressing the Parking Aid switch for 3 seconds, or going into the Parking aid system on the main menu.

Thereafter the front sensors should remain active at speeds <10Km/h.

Prior to the SW update in 2016, the "auto-on" would re-set to "off" after the ignition had been switched off for a couple of hours. Which was entirely contrary to the owners handbook.

Anyhoo... there's some great contributors on this site, offering excellent tips for optimising the RRS experience Bow down

Volvo forums seem much more sedate - no surprise I guess Rolling with laughter

Steve

Thanks for the advice, I will have a look at it. My car does not have any of the special parking aids, but I think there is something in the menu about parking sensors, so I will give it a try.

Love your observations on the Volvo forum! Rolling with laughter This one is a great forum if you need to find something out.

Adam..

Post #535209 Wed Sep 13 2017 1:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1