RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Alternative garage for a service that will keep warranty ali
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 
Alternative garage for a service that will keep warranty ali

Hi all,

I drove all the way into my main dealer this morning for a pre booked annual service. I had a booking reference, an email confirmation, and I made sure I gave at least a week notice when using the online booking system. On arrival they said they were not expecting me. On checking the system she said the booking team had cancelled the appointment but she noticed that they had failed to let me know. She said I can come back next week, and it will be £695 for an 80,000 5 year service. Yes she said, she is sorry that I took time off work and drove all the way into a town that I didn't need to visit for any other reason, and she will let the booking team know for next time.

So I am looking for another garage that will perform this service as per LR warranty specifications, as I have 20 months of a full LR warranty on the car. I live in Biggleswade, so can get to Stevenage, Bedford, Cambridgeshire without too much effort. I want to avoid this particular dealer, not sure if I can name them on here.

Additionally, they have my car on their system as a 2013, when it is a 2012, and I bought the car from them in May 2017 and they told me the car doesn't have a service book, it is all electronic. But today they said I should have a service book. So I don't know what they are playing at. I had previously raised this on another thread and got some great replies from you guys, thanks for that. Also, they had previously printed off all the services for me, but there is nothing for 2015. I am also disappointed that a car I bought from a main dealer in May this year and it needs a service in August. I haven't had this before when buying cars, either with a main dealer or back when I was poor, from a backstreet lot, they always do the service before it sells.

Thanks for reading my rant. Mark.

Post #534007 Tue Aug 29 2017 10:57am
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

sorry to say it, but if you want a decent dealer, go Japanese.

I've had similar problems to those you described with my local merc, alfa and now LR dealers. they all seem to think they're more important than their customers.

never an issue with honda, nissan, toyota...

The cars themselves though, now that's a different matter. Merc C220 estate Sport AMG
Merc C220 estate Sport AMG 125 year edition
Alfa GT
Rover 76 V6

Post #534016 Tue Aug 29 2017 1:05pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Mark, New cars registered after march 2013 went onto the electronic system for servicing, but generally a service manual and stamp book was still issued. I'm personally disgusted at the service you have received, but this has happened to several who book through the LR system and get missed. Always book with dealer direct.

I don't know your area well enough for recommendations, but I travel 200 miles for my annual service, as they seem very good, and nothing to much trouble. That's Hatfields at Pickering. North Yorkshire.

Check on TOPIx and register and enter your VIN number and you will get all your details of car.
If car is under 5 years old and less than 100,000 miles and is an approved car, then you get the full LR two year warranty and all the extras.
Best of luck with getting sorted, we also have some mobile people on here that do work, and static garage sponsors. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Tue Aug 29 2017 9:24pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #534039 Tue Aug 29 2017 7:56pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

As always, name and shame Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #534042 Tue Aug 29 2017 8:13pm
StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 

I called Land Rover to complain about the online appointment system not working, and the Manager of Marshall LR called me to apologise. They will now be collecting my car, leaving me a courtesy car, and putting £30 of fuel in my RRS.

Post #534045 Tue Aug 29 2017 8:25pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

If you wish to see if your vehicle has an online service history, here's a link to the pages that should contain that data.

https://osh.landrover.com/

Regards,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #534084 Wed Aug 30 2017 10:55am
Cpt Jack Sparrow

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Bill Portland wrote:
sorry to say it, but if you want a decent dealer, go Japanese.

never an issue with honda, nissan, toyota...

Exclamation Exclamation My wife Toyota GT 86 just came back from a toyota mail dealer following a major service with below the low level on brake fluid.

That was following a full brake fluid change. seems they forgot how to perform the simplest task Shocked

Paul

Post #534132 Wed Aug 30 2017 9:15pm
StateOfPlay

United Kingdom 

Update; service went ok, 80,000 mile, came to £580. They put £30 of fuel in as agreed. But I am still waiting for a call back about the service book. I will have to chase them up on Monday.

Post #534822 Fri Sep 08 2017 8:34pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

The squeaky wheel always gets oiled...!
Make a pain of yourself and things will happen....has worked for me over the years Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #534830 Fri Sep 08 2017 9:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1