Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Spoiler mounted reversing camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Spoiler mounted reversing camera

Good Morning All,

So continuing to get the car sorted and recently installed an OEM reversing camera in an aftermarket roof spoiler.

The spoiler is a MY2010+ Autobiography copy for a MY2005-09 RRS.

The hole in the spoiler is in the correct location but there seems to be a missing bracket and the view is not particularly good as you can see below:

As you can see the image shows a large portion of the rear window and 'boot lid' lower valance. Basically, everything in the picture contained within the yellow and red marker lines (within the orange rectangle):

Can someone confirm this is correct or alternatively provide a photo of an image of their reversing camera whilst operational so I can compare and try and rectify?

If my set up is incorrect is the bracket available separately? Or could somebody provide a picture of said bracket to see if I can get it manufactured?

Thanks in advance

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #534578 Tue Sep 05 2017 6:37am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Guy,

Without seeing what you have but the camera is mounted in a small plastic bracket/cradle which then clips into the spoiler, is it a genuine L/R camera?. I think I have one of the brackets here will dig it out and post a picture if I can find it, will sort out L/R part No. if that is any use to you.

Cheers
Col

Post #534579 Tue Sep 05 2017 6:55am
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Hi Col,

Thanks for the quick response.

I actually have this unit from InCarTec in the UK:

It would seem after referring back to the garage, that the bracket was present and the problem is actually the mounting of the bracket and therefore camera onto the rear spoiler.

Basically, the Chinese copy spoiler is Censored and doesn't hold the camera bracket in the correct location meaning the picture is off and the guidelines show on the rear windscreen....

As I understand it the lower mounting points for the brackets are of no use and therefore the camera is angled further down then it should be, therefore showing the rear windscreen and lower valance. It also seems the camera is mounted out of center.

You can see the gap at the bottom of the mounting (which I think should be flush), as well as the off center mounting in the photos below:

I will have to see what can be done, if anything. Otherwise I'll have to use the number plate light camera in lieu of this one as it gives a much better view (currently in rear view mirror):

Thanks again for your help Col, but looks like I will have to look for another solution...

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #534581 Tue Sep 05 2017 7:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1