RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Back in the Fold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 
Back in the Fold

After sadly waving goodbye to our 2012 HSE Luxury, which was whisked away to the salvage yard as a result of my darling spouse aquaplaning into a central reservation during a late July downpour, I brought home its replacement yesterday. I would have sorted a replacement much quicker, but I wasted a month trying to deal with a dealership where the lack of care and quality of service I received must rank as the worst I've ever come across - and that's really saying something in the world of Land Rover!

I've wanted to upgrade to a RRS 2 for a little while, so the accident did at least at least give me an excuse, and we now have a LR Approved '64 plate RRS HSE in Corris Grey, with Ebony/Cirrus interior. Specification is pretty much as standard, other than privacy glass, deployable sidesteps and 21" diamond cut Style 507 wheels. In truth, I'm a little worried that the latter may prove to be more a curse than a blessing, but they do look good! I've only driven the 90 miles or so back from the dealership so far, but I like it a lot. Much as we loved the old Sport, this really feels a step up. It may be (nearly) 3 years old and still have the ageing, clunky infotainment system, but it's a nice drive!

Raining today, so no chance to take any pics whilst it's nice and clean, but I will aim to do so later. You'll all know what one looks like though! 2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
2012 4.4 TdV8 Westminster Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2012 SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #534447 Sun Sep 03 2017 12:32pm

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I had the diamond cut wheels on my sport and so I got alloy gators rim protectors fitted and they worked a treat. I had the silver finish and were hardly noticeable but they do a variety of colours

Post #534449 Sun Sep 03 2017 1:11pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Cool!
Name and shame the Censored dealership so we can all avoid it Thumbs Up Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #534451 Sun Sep 03 2017 1:41pm
Elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 

I couldn't possibly say? BUT, if you're ever contemplating dealing with a dealership, beginning with the letter H and with a branch in Croydon, I'd strongly advise you to re-consider! Maybe I was just unlucky, but it was without a doubt the singularly worst experience I have ever had.

I did write for the attention of their DP, with a lengthy list of the catalogue of troubles I had suffered at the hands of their sales team, but I was not at all surprised to see that he didnt bother to let me have the courtesy of a reply.

I can only speak from my experience, but I would never, ever deal with them again. 2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
2012 4.4 TdV8 Westminster Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2012 SDV6 HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #534573 Mon Sep 04 2017 11:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1